Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp in NOLA!!!

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    @SGH Thank you and tell your wife thank you for putting up with us, we had a great time. Enjoy the camp chairs. I will be calling for the stuffed tenderloin resipie.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    @Hotch‌
    Will gladly share it my friend. Brother Nola is going to film me laying them out and stuffing them and put it on U tube for everyone. In going to do the chickens, loins and shoulders for everyone to see. Brother the honor was ours.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited September 2014
    Unit 6. Online and idling for tonight's very low and very slow brisket and clod cook. Im over the turbo and thermonuclear cooking for a while. Tonight it's back to basics. 225 degrees over a massive water pan with very dense smoke for over 30 hours. Time to relax and just let Unit 6 idle along until done.image

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    @sgh how many lbs do you have on that beautiful beast?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    @SGH‌ Is unit 6 a smoker you have to feed wood into every couple of hours? If not, how long can you go on a full load?
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,060
    @ SGH I take it you cater
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SGH isn't a caterer. He just loves to eat mass quantities of meat.
    edited September 2014
    @thetrim‌ @tulocay‌
    Unit 6 is a true stick burner. It has a voracious appetite for wood. Once up to temp and online, it requires a fresh split or two every 45 minutes to keep it stable. Like it's owner, it loves being fed constantly ;)
    Tonight im doing 3, 14 pound briskets and a small 23 pound beef clod. This is for reasoning purposes. I just had Unit 6 blasted and repainted. I prefer to re season with beef instead of pork. Just my preference my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    I thought why not? A little gumbo to snack on through the night while waiting on the main course.image

Status- Standing by.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,060
    SGH said:
    @lkapigian‌ I do a lot of cooking for charity and VFW events. I still sometimes enter small unsanctioned events where the money goes to charity or needy children. Now that I'm older, I do not do any cooking for profit. My services are free of charge to anyone in need. I try very hard to follow the teaching of the Good Book. In Saint Luke it says: Give and it shall be given unto you. I try very hard to give what I can my friend. So yes I cater. But to the elderly, the needy, crippled children, and for free of charge.

^:)^ What ever you give you receive 10 fold..........and I have never met anyone who has ever lost anything by giving........Peace
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SGH
    edited September 2014
    @lkapigian‌
    I concur sir. 100%.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Just in case. Unit 1 coming online and up to temp as well. A man can never be to careful or over prepared for what lies ahead.imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,811
    I think I'm gonna rename my eggs. Instead of "the large" and "the small" I think I will call them "unit 1" and "unit 2".

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,811
    Or should I call them "the big unit" and the "small unit"? :-?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SGH
    No offense fellows but ceramic cookers are not "units" in the true sense. Allow me if I may to explain.
    #1 is a vertical unit.
    #6 is a combination horizontal/ vertical off set unit.
    #4 is a hybrid unit.
    Hence the usage of the "unit" terminology.
    A ceramic cooker is, well just that. A ceramic cooker. Not a true "unit" if you will. Nonetheless a man is free to call anything whatever he wishes. But in the reference to my smokers as "units" the terminology is true and proper.

Status- Standing by.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I have a unit.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    Brother Apple, that is terrible!!

Status- Standing by.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Yeah, but have have 6. You da man!
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    henapple said:
    I have a unit.
    Small or a mini?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,830
    JRWhitee said:
    henapple said:
    I have a unit.
    Small or a mini?
    Inverted.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• nolaegghead

henapple said:
    I have a unit.
    downward PBR flow unit

henapple said:

I have a unit.

downward PBR flow unit

Downward "Russian" PBR flow unit

• nolaegghead
    Urine like Flynn, comrade!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • nolaegghead

• nolaegghead

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    @SGH‌ I was really 'in to' unit 6. I wish I never saw unit 7 - that pit looks seriously bad ass.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio