Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you eating… right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,185
    Options
    @fishlessman, could she cook them without burning the crust? Rice a Roni, Mac and cheese, and pop tarts were popular in my dorm. Though a guy from Philadelphia PN did teach me how to make great spaghetti.
    The San Fransico treat is still a regular in our house.  I have started to toast a lot of my grain dishes like Rice a Roni taught me.  Adds a great dimension to the flavor.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,826
    Options
    @fishlessman, could she cook them without burning the crust? Rice a Roni, Mac and cheese, and pop tarts were popular in my dorm. Though a guy from Philadelphia PN did teach me how to make great spaghetti.

the morton pies i bought when in college, 75 bucks a week budget covered an apartment rental, household bills, food, gas, and unlimited beer =) much simpler times.......oh, and rice-a-roni sandwiches. most bars had free food for happy hours when massachusetts stopped low price drinks for happy hours, prime rib, italian banquets, free oysters, taco nights.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

the morton pies i bought when in college, 75 bucks a week budget covered an apartment rental, household bills, food, gas, and unlimited beer =) much simpler times.......oh, and rice-a-roni sandwiches. most bars had free food for happy hours when massachusetts stopped low price drinks for happy hours, prime rib, italian banquets, free oysters, taco nights.
    I miss those days.  My favorite local bar had the best wings/pizza for free (unlimited to regulars) on certain nights of the week.  Get your drink on and have free pool & free food.  Unfortunately the owner, Rusty, died of a heart attack.  The bar has changed substantially, and only the name is left.  Kind of sad now.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,678
    Options
    RRP said:
    “Drink til 12…piss til 2”
    LOL!!!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    RRP said:
    Ah memories of the seemingly care free college days! I’m older than most of you here…but back in the mid 1960’s we didn’t have all you can wolf down bar food nights but we did have free salty popcorn and peanut nights offset(???) by 10 cent draft beers! Remember the term Pistol Cub… “Drink til 12…piss til 2”
    I would love a Ron Quote of the Day Calendar!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,860
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Microwave macaroni with fried hotdogs…… Don’t judge me!

I'll judge you. I give you high marks.

Maybe I shouldn't be a judge...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,826
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Microwave macaroni with fried hotdogs…… Don’t judge me!

thats inspiration for me, i usually get lazy and grab a can of beans......sometimes it gets heated but room temp beans and dogs makes a better sandwich =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Canugghead

Nice. Did you make those? If so, don’t they go on the Chef’ing Dr thread?
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,579
    Options
    @Canugghead

Haha, swmbo made them, hence not in  WAYCTDr :blush:
    canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Canugghead

Haha, swmbo made them, hence not in  WAYCTDr :blush:
    I always took you for an honest sort of man. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,500
    Options
    @Canugghead - Stand alone thread the next time those incredible looking spring rolls are made.  What talent.  Eating well at a minimum.  Better to be lucky than good.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Canugghead - Stand alone thread the next time those incredible looking spring rolls are made.  What talent.  Eating well at a minimum.  Better to be lucky than good.  
    I agree.  Keep JIC from ruining the forum with all his spinoffs!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

And yet we’ve spotted you and somehow, you are not even close to obese. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

The highlight of Festival International de Louisiana. A bread bowl (mine of course) filled with macaroni and cheese with crawfish tails. They’ll only sell about 12,000 in three days……glad I got mine early
    My stomach just growled and mouth salivated!  That looks amazing.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,458
    Options

Pre -mixed and served. It was delicious 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Care to share some deets on that dish?  I love festival food, but don't really know what makes it taste so good.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,500
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

The highlight of Festival International de Louisiana. A bread bowl (mine of course) filled with macaroni and cheese with crawfish tails. They’ll only sell about 12,000 in three days……glad I got mine early
    I would put a big hurt on one of those.  Better to be lucky than good!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Care to share some deets on that dish?  I love festival food, but don't really know what makes it taste so good.
    I genuinely couldn’t tell you. Find the wettest macaroni and cheese recipe you can think of…..wet wet…..soupy almost. then add blanched crawfish tail meat. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    Options
    Wish I could find crawfish tail meat around here.  The Commissary does have large frozen bags of bugs, but they're whole and already seasoned/boiled; by the time I shell them I end up with maybe 2 Tbs of tail meat.  Sigh.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• ColbyLang
    edited April 27
    Options
    Plenty of online options Botch.

www.cajungrocer.com
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,791
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    ColbyLang said:

I would put a big hurt on one of those.  Better to be lucky than good!  
    Bombdiggity, I thought it was peanut butter and honey which is my favorite 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Chicken Tetrazzini

Kind of tired of making dishes that take tons of prep and work and getting critiques from all sides, plus smothering **** in ranch before they even try it.  So family is gonna be eating a lot of casseroles.

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Vietnamese spring rolls with Hoisin peanut sauce.

You win!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,048
    Options
    Chicken Tetrazzini

Kind of tired of making dishes that take tons of prep and work and getting critiques from all sides, plus smothering **** in ranch before they even try it.  So family is gonna be eating a lot of casseroles.

Give my brisket truffle mac and cheese recipe a try.  It’s basically a casserole, just with lots of gooey goodness.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike