Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you eating… right now?

Comments

• Looks great, @canugghead. Are those the Costco brioche buns, or homemade? Did you salt the veggies, or let the prosciutto take the driver’s seat in that regard? Your post made me hungry. Some major sandwich fans in this household, so that would play extremely well here. 

There is a local chef here, Marysol Foucault, who achieved a degree of fame for ridiculously good sandwiches, among other things. Bought a Honesuki knife from her years ago that I cherish. A trick I picked up from her was to mix up the lettuce with dressing like a salad before applying to the sandwich. Really adds depth of flavour. She also often finished her sandwiches with a pan fry, which is a move I’ve also stolen. 

The vehicle of the sandwich offers so much potential for variety. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,991
    edited June 13
    @GrateEggspectations It's new from D'Italiano
    https://ditaliano.ca/product/ditaliano-with-gusto-brioche-style-hamburger-buns/
    You can get a BOGO coupon from the manufacturer
    https://ditaliano.ca/
    RCSS has it on sale $2.99 a bag this week.
    Their website has lots of great sandwich ideas.
    Edit: Enough salt in the meat. Great idea with the lettuce treatment; now I know what to do with our electric panini press that's collecting dust in the basement!
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,262
    Pizza
    maceral
    flounder
    squid
    tuna
    grouper

looks like a great feast. first time seeing mackerel on the forum, used to use the chilled leftovers for a canned tuna style salad for sandwiches when i used to have the boat in salt water
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,779

Cuban to go. Chasing the dragon on the Cuban food we ate in Louisville. This was good, but it’s no La Bodegita De Mimi!!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,665
    @ColbyLang - You are dead on with your description of "this was good, but it’s no La Bodegita De Mimi!" However, sit down and take out are different as well.  
    For me their separation above other Cuban/latin restaurants is that their Cubano is  made with the true lechon asado as opposed to subbing in pulled pork. My "go to" every visit-plantains are also a given.
    Sounds like you totally enjoyed your visit-save Scottie hitting the slammer.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,275
    Had Indian yesterday...
    Tandoori chicken...

Lamb dum biryani...

Rogan josh...

New gelato place in town... 

Two of my friends from high school opened up a Gelato shop in town.  Now they have 9 in the USA, and 8 in Kuwait of all places.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Canugghead
    @Ozzie_Isaac I heard this is the second location that just opened, the owners are a young Italian couple that just immigrated here. We lined up for 15 minutes and it was considered quick.
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,275
    @Ozzie_Isaac I heard this is the second location that just opened, the owners are a young Italian couple that just immigrated here. We lined up for 15 minutes and it was considered quick.
    Good for them! Cool to see someone living the Canadian dream.  From what I have seen a good Gelato shop is a license to print money.

My friends hired a Gelato expert from Italy to help them set it up and teach all their crews how to make and serve it.

This couple in your town sounds like they are doing it right! You might ask them if they are looking for investors :) 

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Canugghead
    @Campbell2N I can eat a few with my coffee right now! Also, with too much idle time, I'm trying to make sense out of "approx. 18x14g/0.5oz", any chance you can get 17 or 19 in the bag?  ;) being silly of course.
    canuckland
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,077
    Lucas-Highly recommended, probably best sardines ( tinned) I’ve ever had 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,089
    lkapigian said:

Noted!  I've been on a "tinned fish" kick lately; very convenient and inexpensive for both snacks and as simple meals (and great when your A/C isn't working).  

So the same people that think humans have no effect on climate change, now are convinced they control the weather?  

• lkapigian
    Botch said:
    lkapigian said:

Noted!  I've been on a "tinned fish" kick lately; very convenient and inexpensive for both snacks and as simple meals (and great when your A/C isn't working).  
    Super Healthy 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,665
    @lkapigian - and here I thought the below "high heaters" were the choice....
    "From Rainbow Tomatoes Gardens … Delicious 

Roasted Garlic , a mild Habanero, delicious"
    No worries-I'm all in with the above from The Rainbow site.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lousubcap said:

I’ll me unveiling the Hake Cheeks Soon!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,224
    lkapigian said:
    lousubcap said:

I’ll me unveiling the Hake Cheeks Soon!
    Sounds sexual!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,801
    edited June 29
    Wife was in San Francisco this past week for work and brought home some fortune cookie rounds from Chinatown. We’ve been to the place a couple of times previously so it was a nice pickup on her behalf. 

Adding some homemade whipped cream and a strawberry slice made for a tasty treat. 

• JohnInCarolina

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,659
    Going to fire up the Large to cook some hot Conecuh later with store bought coleslaw and potato salad if it doesn’t rain. Probably just some dill pickle relish and fancy mustard with the hot dog buns.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,779

Color me curious. A Louisiana transplant?
  • JohnInCarolina
    ColbyLang said:

Color me curious. A Louisiana transplant?
    Possibly.  Little Mom and Pop operation here in NC.  I think they have a couple of food trucks.  They were damn good.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,262
    hummus and a feta pepper salad on a fresh pita from the local lebanese bakery this morning. too hot and humid this week to eat any thing hot. been in the 80's this week, feeling like the hundreds. dont know how you guys handle this down south

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    hummus and a feta pepper salad on a fresh pita from the local lebanese bakery this morning. too hot and humid this week to eat any thing hot. been in the 80's this week, feeling like the hundreds. dont know how you guys handle this down south

I do something similar from a local Mediterranean place near me. It’s one of my favorite lazy lunch/dinner options. So good!