Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you eating… right now?

Options

Comments

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,552
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

The highlight of Festival International de Louisiana. A bread bowl (mine of course) filled with macaroni and cheese with crawfish tails. They’ll only sell about 12,000 in three days……glad I got mine early
    bruh..

damnitman...i gotta recreate this..

Wow!
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,643
    Options
    Not now and not mine, grandkid's plate from the weekend...
    usual boring stuff, with frozen Ontario corn from last summer (still taste better than current fresh crop), and raspberries from SIL's basement grow tent,
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,632
    Options
    Nice ring on those ribs.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Here's the thing with pellet pooper, imo better ring visual than Egg but you can't taste it.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,632
    Options
    Asked my daughter and her friend, who’s sleeping over, what they wanted for dinner. Sushi was the unanimous vote. 

@GrateEggspectations Congrats on getting her and friend into sushi.  They will really thank you down the road.  That is quite an achievement.  A gourmet experience that they will always enjoy.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,435
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Asked my daughter and her friend, who’s sleeping over, what they wanted for dinner. Sushi was the unanimous vote. 

@GrateEggspectations Congrats on getting her and friend into sushi.  They will really thank you down the road.  That is quite an achievement.  A gourmet experience that they will always enjoy.  
    Thanks, Cap. They’re both 9 and I had no influence. They were even diving deep into the wasabi on their own. 🙂
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,096
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations , do you roll your own sushi?!  Looks great.
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Looks like a great power meal, @Battleborn .. what do you use to marinate the cucumbers?  
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,435
    Options
    @Dyal_SC

This was takeout. We had planned to make our own tonight, but it’s been a crazy week and we couldn’t make it happen. I have made my own a few times - not recently - but it never looks that good!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    God gave us Krispy Kreme so that we know He loves us. 

Now give it a good heating in the air fryer or convection oven. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,261
    Options
    An avocado, dried cranberries, peanut butter, gram crackers, and an everything bagel.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,552
    Options
    An avocado, dried cranberries, peanut butter, gram crackers, and an everything bagel.
    Good Ol' pantry cleanin', Eh?
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Canugghead
    Options
    Not now, last night's gourmet dinner at IKEA, Lol

canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Good Ol' pantry cleanin', Eh?
    Exactly.  Hungry, but not motivated to actually cook something.  We call it grazing.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,902
    edited May 11
    Options
    Shrimp cream coated with almond in a cone of bamboo ash.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,127
    Options
    Foghorn said:

On the one hand, this looks awfully good.  On the other hand, I have some questions…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Hmmm.  Not sure what that is, but I guarantee it does not taste like my mind says it should.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,842
    Options
    Pulled pork plate with mustard sauce. Black eyed pea salad, cornbread salad. Tomlins BBQ by Osage Produce Market hwy 441 Rabun County Georgia

Nice Plate!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,928
    edited May 12
    Options
    Well earlier today I could have been chewing a mouth full of iron nails! For a simple Saturday morning project I was GOING to replace an old Kidde brand AC powered smoke detector with a new one. I had to stand on a step ladder and of course I was working over my head. I guess at my age of nearly 80 I should not have been surprised that working overhead like that with tools in hand would quickly and repeatedly wear out an old man! 90 minutes later I admitted defeat and went back and bought a concealed 10 year battery powered one…and presto it clicked in place in the base ring I already had up and I was done!
  • Canugghead
    Options
    RRP said:
    Well earlier today I could have been chewing a mouth full of iron nails! For a simple Saturday morning project I was GOING to replace an old Kidde brand AC powered smoke detector with a new one. I had to stand on a step ladder and of course I was working over my head. I guess at my age of nearly 80 I should not have been surprised that working overhead like that with tools in hand would quickly and repeatedly wear out an old man! 90 minutes later I admitted defeat and went back and bought a concealed 10 year battery powered one…and presto it clicked in place in the base ring I already had up and I was done!
    Sounds fun Ron, I replaced six detectors in our house recently. Don't forget to climb back up and push the test button every week, lol

canuckland
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,928
    Options
    RRP said:
    Sounds fun Ron, I replaced six detectors in our house recently. Don't forget to climb back up and push the test button every week, lol

Years ago I came up with the idea that works just fine…I screwed a plastic wire nut on the end of a 4 ft wooden dowel so that I can do that while standing below of course and then quickly punching the cancellation button.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,577
    Options
    RRP said:
    ...went back and bought a concealed 10 year battery powered one…and presto it clicked in place in the base ring I already had up and I was done!
    I've stuck to Kidde myself most of my life, but the last time I replaced a 10-yr battery unit, it didn't fit into the existing ring.  It's precariously hanging on a nail, now.  

"Yes, you're quite right, I should have stopped.  I did get a little impatient because I'm quite late for my tee time."  - Shittie Scheffler

• Dyal_SC
    Options
    Extra credit on this beauty. Totally unintentional too. I mean… uhhh… totally intentional.