Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options
1283028312833283528362945

Comments

  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,094
    Options
    Botch said:
    lithotrypsic Dyal_SC said:
    @JohnInCarolina also makes good pizza. Man of many talents. 
    It's that lithotrypsic poolish he uses.  
    It is indubitably rather elastodynamicky.

    Just messin, he’s fulla brains for sure. And a helluva cook. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,257
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Botch said:
    lithotrypsic Dyal_SC said:
    @JohnInCarolina also makes good pizza. Man of many talents. 
    It's that lithotrypsic poolish he uses.  
    It is indubitably rather elastodynamicky.

    Just messin, he’s fulla brains for sure. And a helluva cook. 
    Whoa, easy there Ke-mo sah-bee.  He can barely fit his head through doorways as it is.  He doesn't need accolades from here too.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,846
    Options
    Submitting this to a journal


    I'm glad one of us is doing something with our life.

    i was thinking he drew the short stick
    fukahwee maine

    you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ragingirishman2
    Options
    Boarding a flight to Huntsville, AL. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,837
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina

    Funny you should post that; I was just thinking that I needed to revisit my understanding of nano-pulse lithotripsy. 
    We can discuss tonight in the Zoom 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,439
    Options


    I just marked all my wife's emails as "read."  Next up....deleting drafts, but probably not.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Mark_B_Good
    Options
    kl8ton said:


    I just marked all my wife's emails as "read."  Next up....deleting drafts, but probably not.  
    Where are you planning your funeral?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,108
    Options
    Chilling! Waiting on the storm.


    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

    Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"


  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,621
    Options
    Being old, I just scheduled an appointment for the latest Covid juice shot (this will be #7) this weekend.  Got the flu shot today. 
    Never met a shot I didn't like. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,642
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Being old, I just scheduled an appointment for the latest Covid juice shot (this will be #7) this weekend.  Got the flu shot today. 
    Never met a shot I didn't like. 
    go for the hat trick +rsv
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,846
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Being old, I just scheduled an appointment for the latest Covid juice shot (this will be #7) this weekend.  Got the flu shot today. 
    Never met a shot I didn't like. 
    Number 8 gets you a free pizza. That's a lot of COVID shots
    fukahwee maine

    you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Being old, I just scheduled an appointment for the latest Covid juice shot (this will be #7) this weekend.  Got the flu shot today. 
    Never met a shot I didn't like. 
    Number 8 gets you a free pizza. 
    We talking Papa Murphy’s?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,880
    Options

    The muddle factor has taken full effect, this week. The numerous European competitions have kicked in which means two things; Greta will be displeased on behalf of the polar bears given all the Gulfstream activity, and the workload of last season’s top 7 has doubled. Perhaps an equalisation more than muddle? 

    Saturday

    Palace v Fulham, identical form across the last 5 and all things point to a workmanlike narrow result in this particular London derby. 1-0

    Luton v Wolves, already the press are citing the Derby County 2007-08 season which saw them amass 11 points in total in articles about Luton.  Too soon? Yes, but pertinent - they scored twice and have zero points at this point.  If that sustains for a few more weeks the players might implode. However, Wolves are a bit rubbish, so there’s hope. 1-1

    Man City v Forest, second season syndrome has not struck Forest so far and they confront an injury rattles City,  but it’s City and they just rates in an another bunch of superstars. 2-1

    Brentford v Everton, The Bees have misfired recently and the Toffees are still abysmal upon the pitch.  Off it though, the Americans have arrived.  This time it’s 777 Group, out of Florida USA and in no way linked to the export of a popular crop across Central America. 1-0

    Burnley v Man Utd, it’ll click for Kompany at the helm of the Clarets sooner or later and Man Utd are in all shades of disarray.  2-1

    Sunday

    Arsenal v Spurs, the other London derby this weekend and great timing. The Gunners have hit their straps and spurs are playing for fun.  Hopefully it’ll be game of the ages, 9-8 or similar. Hard to call, but nil all seems highly improbable. 3-2

    Brighton v Bournemouth, well - who knew? Those pesky foreigners are not read in on all the memos and  soAEK Athens did the unimaginable by beating the filthy Seagulls last night.   The absolute cheek of it! Never mind, the dreadful so far they season Cherries have been lined up to mop their tears by rolling over to a lame defeat. 1-0

    Chelsea v Villa, the Chels’ remain in rotten form and Villa also played in Europe last night - so unlikely they’ll score int he 10th minute of ‘over-time’ as they did against the mighty Eagles last week. Dog with fleas stamped all over it.  1-1

    Liverpool v West Ham, should be a home win. Both embroiled in far from Net Zero mid-week games which can muddy the waters a tad. Unremarkable 2-0

    Sheff Utd v Newcastle, the Blades’ single point is only just shy of what was predicted at this stage, the Toon on 6 is some way short.  They’ll come good where as the hosts are likely to not, especially in this spirited but inevitable home defeats 0-2.

    There you go, some much needed structure and excitement for your weekend. What would you do without me? 

    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,642
    Options
    @Canugghead said:
    Do you have a similar solar panel challenge?
    No. Was just curious. I am often a bit wary of Solar and batteries, because I feel like mileage varies significantly. Just wanted to see how you were making out. Pretty well, it seems. 
    Sunny afternoons lately helped, even with moderate backyard activities the battery charge never dropped below 100% since.
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,572
    Options
    Was 64˚ in the house this morning, so I finally did a deep-dive into that stupid Lennox S40 thermostat controlling my new heat pump/furnace system.  Downloaded another "Owner's Manual" which said the same damn things as the others, but I could only control the A/C temp from the thermostat, which is normally a black screen about 4" x 6".  There are three horizontal, short lines in the upper-left corner (the standard "Menu" option), but it never responded to me touching it, only the A/C thermo.  
    I touched it, "clicked" it, "hard-pressed" it, double-clicked it, and it finally responded (and I can't remember what kind've press I used), and I was able to control everything else from then on.  I've never heard of a section of a touch-screen being ultra-sensitive, but I think that's the situation I have here.  Heat finally kicked on, full-blast.  After an hour or so the unit in the basement started a loud, thumping sound, about 1 Hz.  Was just about to call the HVAC guys and then it started to quiet down, and then went away; I'm assuming this was just some mechanical linkage getting settled in (first time using heat).  Once the house warmed up, the system has been whisper-quiet to inaudible, nice!  
     
    This system was installed on 4 August.  My last utility bill, 1-31 Aug, was ~$48, just over a third of last year's electric bill.  I did a quick calculation and this new system should pay for itself when I turn 137; Yay!  It is fantastically quiet, and when it needs to be replaced again, hopefully I'll be dead.  
    _____________

    "I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  


  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,043
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Botch said:
    Was 64˚ in the house this morning, so I finally did a deep-dive into that stupid Lennox S40 thermostat controlling my new heat pump/furnace system.  Downloaded another "Owner's Manual" which said the same damn things as the others, but I could only control the A/C temp from the thermostat, which is normally a black screen about 4" x 6".  There are three horizontal, short lines in the upper-left corner (the standard "Menu" option), but it never responded to me touching it, only the A/C thermo.  
    I touched it, "clicked" it, "hard-pressed" it, double-clicked it, and it finally responded (and I can't remember what kind've press I used), and I was able to control everything else from then on.  I've never heard of a section of a touch-screen being ultra-sensitive, but I think that's the situation I have here.  Heat finally kicked on, full-blast.  After an hour or so the unit in the basement started a loud, thumping sound, about 1 Hz.  Was just about to call the HVAC guys and then it started to quiet down, and then went away; I'm assuming this was just some mechanical linkage getting settled in (first time using heat).  Once the house warmed up, the system has been whisper-quiet to inaudible, nice!  
     
    This system was installed on 4 August.  My last utility bill, 1-31 Aug, was ~$48, just over a third of last year's electric bill.  I did a quick calculation and this new system should pay for itself when I turn 137; Yay!  It is fantastically quiet, and when it needs to be replaced again, hopefully I'll be dead.  
    Think of it as cost savings from big brother.  But I will go on the record as anti bad touch screens.  It’s 2023 and I can order McDonald’s from ones, outside that you have to hang your youngest kin at a 39 degree angle for 611 seconds to select heat not ac.

    edit to note I quit reading about w/2 way through the touch screen rant 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,501
    Options
    I’m more impressed his utility bill was only $50
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Some Texas Style Pork Butt 


    What zactly is a Texas style pork butt? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Watching Colorado get beat like a rented mule.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    lkapigian said:
    Some Texas Style Pork Butt 


    What zactly is a Texas style pork butt? 
    I wondered that as well, but concluded it was likely S&P(?). Either way, looks amazing as usual, @lkapigian.