Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Watching Colorado get beat like a rented mule.

Prime’s team is getting boat raced. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    edited September 2023
    Ybabpmuts said:
    lkapigian said:
    Some Texas Style Pork Butt 

What zactly is a Texas style pork butt? 
    LoL, no idea since pork doesn’t make its way to Texas …. Just SPG( and m) 

Threw a few TriTip on as well 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Watching Colorado get beat like a rented mule.

Prime’s team is getting boat raced. 
    Coaching more like Select grade today.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Looks like is was smoked in a Orgasmitron3000, whatever that is.
  • Ybabpmuts said:
    Looks like is was smoked in a Orgasmitron3000, whatever that is.
    That was my nickname in high school.
  • What's high school? 
  • Ybabpmuts said:
    What's high school? 
    Ridgemont, probably.
  • Noticing that it’s going to be a bit windy on the North Carolina and Virginia East side to night and tomorrow. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Looks like is was smoked in a Orgasmitron3000, whatever that is.
    That was my nickname in high school.
    LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ybabpmuts said:
    What's high school? 
    Ridgemont, probably.
    There’s literally a Ridgemont HS 1.5kms from me. Lol. 
  • Ybabpmuts said:
    What's high school? 
    Ridgemont, probably.
    There’s literally a Ridgemont HS 1.5kms from me. Lol. 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,979
    edited September 2023
    Cooking pizzas, courtesy of @Canugghead.

Beautiful setting. Even planned for the spot when you built the table!
    Edit: nice stands, imo nicer looking and sturdier than the three-legged Roccbox and Ooni design.
    canuckland
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 326
    Ybabpmuts said:
    lkapigian said:
    Some Texas Style Pork Butt 

What zactly is a Texas style pork butt? 
    https://www.smoking-meat.com/texas-style-pork-butt?awt_a=2AWb&awt_l=CKYYy&awt_m=JsztXi6MAv9lWb
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,062
    Comment from "Greg", a construction coworker from one of my early summer jobs:
    "Only one thing that kept me out of college:  high school."  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Yea I struggled with high school, **** I struggled with school through my whole life, it wasn't until I got into the working world that I started to thrive. I taught myself to write basic unix scripts to automate my companies manufacturing process at a voicemail company that I worked at,, then I taught myself to write code that could automatically run tests overnight for functional, stress, and performance testing, then I automated the entire build process so if an engineer checked in a code change, a build would kick off, which would trigger automated tests, and within 30-40 minutes of a code change, you would know if anything major was broken by the checkin. At the time it was cutting edge, now It's just part of the normal software development process. Never a single day in college, almost flunked out of high school, yet in the real world I came alive. I was just not a student, and trying to learn that structured way really messed me up for a long, long time,, because it made me feel stupid and that I couldn't understand what the other kids did. Yet, when I got into the real world, I totally got into trying to understand how things worked and I thought of ways to make it easier and better. I thrived once I got into an environment like that but school really messed me up.
  • Ybabpmuts said:
    Yea I struggled with high school, **** I struggled with school through my whole life, it wasn't until I got into the working world that I started to thrive. I taught myself to write basic unix scripts to automate my companies manufacturing process at a voicemail company that I worked at,, then I taught myself to write code that could automatically run tests overnight for functional, stress, and performance testing, then I automated the entire build process so if an engineer checked in a code change, a build would kick off, which would trigger automated tests, and within 30-40 minutes of a code change, you would know if anything major was broken by the checkin. At the time it was cutting edge, now It's just part of the normal software development process. Never a single day in college, almost flunked out of high school, yet in the real world I came alive. I was just not a student, and trying to learn that structured way really messed me up for a long, long time,, because it made me feel stupid and that I couldn't understand what the other kids did. Yet, when I got into the real world, I totally got into trying to understand how things worked and I thought of ways to make it easier and better. I thrived once I got into an environment like that but school really messed me up.
    Can you write some code to filter your egghead forum posts?
  • Why would I do that?
  • What would I filter it on, that's really the question, it's all about writing the software and figuring out the algorithms, which all start with the requirements, IE what should the code filter my egghead forum posts on?
  • Ybabpmuts said:
    What would I filter it on, that's really the question, it's all about writing the software and figuring out the algorithms, which all start with the requirements, IE what should the code filter my egghead forum posts on?
    “attempt at humor” perhaps?  You could also try a filter on “bum” or “Beulah” 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,768
    Tracking one of my best friends as he puts in an amazing effort and time in the Berlin marathon. He’ll finish sub 4 hours. 

Oh, and I’m seasoning some babybacks 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Yea I struggled with high school, **** I struggled with school through my whole life, it wasn't until I got into the working world that I started to thrive. I taught myself to write basic unix scripts to automate my companies manufacturing process at a voicemail company that I worked at,, then I taught myself to write code that could automatically run tests overnight for functional, stress, and performance testing, then I automated the entire build process so if an engineer checked in a code change, a build would kick off, which would trigger automated tests, and within 30-40 minutes of a code change, you would know if anything major was broken by the checkin. At the time it was cutting edge, now It's just part of the normal software development process. Never a single day in college, almost flunked out of high school, yet in the real world I came alive. I was just not a student, and trying to learn that structured way really messed me up for a long, long time,, because it made me feel stupid and that I couldn't understand what the other kids did. Yet, when I got into the real world, I totally got into trying to understand how things worked and I thought of ways to make it easier and better. I thrived once I got into an environment like that but school really messed me up.
    Hey!  Long posts is good posts.  
    Just 'cause you love school so much that you're still there. As a grown up and all. 

FYI @Ybabpmuts my theory has always been that school is over-rated.  I failed to understand it from day #1. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ybabpmuts said:
    Why would I do that?
    Maybe it’s just some friendly teasing that you get — but worth saying:  Post as much or as little as you like.  If anyone is tired of it they are potentially complaining about their own inability to swipe a thumb or scroll a mouse wheel a very small amount due to FOMO or some other compulsive desire to read everything.  

Has been worthwhile to see a lot of your posts and I scroll past or skim a lot of yours — and probably skim the same ratio of yours compared to others.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,062
    OSIRIS-REx apparently landed successfully (wasn't an OSIRIS-Wrecks).  Cool beans!  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• CPFC1905 said:
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Hey!  Long posts is good posts.  
    Just 'cause you love school so much that you're still there. As a grown up and all. 

FYI @Ybabpmuts my theory has always been that school is over-rated.  I failed to understand it from day #1. 
    Well that seems rather personal.  You know it’s not my fault you spent all that time in school and never learned that you don’t buy a home without carefully checking out the roof!
  • Canugghead
    MasterC said:
    Getting ready to eat breakfast; bacon and swiss with mayo on toast.

Hope you didn't dislocate your jaw!
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,239
    My daughter dropped a bomb on me yesterday.  She wants to go to Duke.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Canugghead
    Replaced pos swing check valve with spring check valve. Didn't know better, hopefully this one will be dependable. If it's just as bad I'd rip out the whole configuration 👿

Hope I didn't jinx it, has been working trouble free since early June. Thanks to the egger who recommended spring check valve.
    canuckland