Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    WeberWho said:
    Anyone remember when Subway had their $5 foot longs? My Dad picked up four subs this afternoon. Grand total....$70. I personally stopped going when they put a tip option on their payment screen. Absolutely insane!
    I stopped going when it came out their spokesman diddled kids. But point stands, they have gotten way too expensive for what they are. Like most places. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• In my neck of the woods Jersey Mike's franchise's have been popping up.all over the place. Great sandwiches, but even greater marketing campaigns, to be honest. They market that they slice the meat for each sandwich in front of you, and subway has their meat pre sliced in a tub, so subway recently announced that they would now slice their meat for each sandwich in front of you. The whole thing is silly, it's all friggin lunch meat, it doesn't matter if you sliced it in front of me or behind me, or you sliced it in the back and threw it in that refrigerator thing with all the metal bins, where the shredded lettuce always got caught in between the tomato bin and the pickle bin.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,221
    WeberWho said:
    Anyone remember when Subway had their $5 foot longs? My Dad picked up four subs this afternoon. Grand total....$70. I personally stopped going when they put a tip option on their payment screen. Absolutely insane!
    Subway has gotten out of hand.  We used get $5 footlongs and then one day a week they had 3 footlongs for $10 in a little town I used to live in.

My wife stopped in Subway a week or two ago and she said the cheapest foot long sub was $17. I just assumed she maybe read the menu wrong or were speciality sandwiches. Apparently not. My Dad picked up two BMT and two teriyaki chicken foot long subs. Nothing special. Just straight subs. No sides or drinks for $70. I don't think they will  stay the second biggest fast food company in the nation with those prices. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,637
    About 15 years ago, the subway next to where I worked gave our crew a discount on morning break. $2.96 out the door for any 6” and a drink. We went almost every day at 9am. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Took the in-laws and my fam to brunch/lunch yesterday. $200 bill for a fairly pedestrian meal for four adults and two kids. A coke and an apple juice were $4.50 and 5.50, respectively. Made the two caesars on the tab look like a relative bargain. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,221
    kl8ton said:
    About 15 years ago, the subway next to where I worked gave our crew a discount on morning break. $2.96 out the door for any 6” and a drink. We went almost every day at 9am. 

When I was in school my roommates worked at a bagel shop and Chipotle. I did the same thing. My roommate didn't have a car so she'd pay me in burrito bucks to drop her off. (Each buck was a free burrito) My other buddy would just hook me up whenever I stopped in for a bagel sandwich. Which was nearly everyday. I unfortunately got him fired when he was secret shopped one day during his shift. The secret shopper said it wasn't really about the free food being given out rather the 30-40 minute break he'd take when I stopped in. He still gives me crap to this day on how I got him fired!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,239
    subway introduced the 3 inch foot long overseas recently. seems like that would be hard to sell in the states
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton

Mondays for me right now are kind of like Saturdays. I forgot I put these on.  I went out to pick up the kids and smelled the sweet aroma of pecan wood smoking. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • @kl8ton - Quite Impressive! On the 2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel, what kind of repairs have you had to make to get to 300,000 miles?

I had a 1999 Suburban that needed two engines and three transmissions to get to 300,000 miles.
    XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
  • Battleborn
    Traveling to the east coast to find a jet. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Traveling to the east coast to find a jet. 
    Well hell if that is not a tease then what is😂
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,359

Seems that they got the stealth design right.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,064
    That was quite a story.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• kl8ton
    @kl8ton - Quite Impressive! On the 2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel, what kind of repairs have you had to make to get to 300,000 miles?

I had a 1999 Suburban that needed two engines and three transmissions to get to 300,000 miles.
    Not much really. I purchased from the original owner. Still on original motor and trans. My largest expense was the desiccant container for the air conditioning system ruptured and I had to replace the entire AC front and back. That was about $4,700.  Don't get me wrong every time I brought the thing in for an oil change I had $1,000 worth of something done to it. I have a body that works in the big truck bay at Ford.  He's the only one I let touch it.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,239
    Mic. Drop.  Hope you remember use plebs.  Maybe the plane will have wifi and you can drop in during takeoff or landings.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Just helped an old guy learn how to use the electric car chargers. Some people do no research before they sign on the dotted line.
  • Battleborn
    Mic. Drop.  Hope you remember use plebs.  Maybe the plane will have wifi and you can drop in during takeoff or landings.
    I’m just trying to find an $80 mil jet we lost somehow. I’m starting the think SkyNet is starting. Either that or Transformers are real. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,064
    I’m just trying to find an $80 mil jet we lost somehow. I’m starting the think SkyNet is starting. Either that or Transformers are real. 
    They found it; storeroom at mar-a-lago.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,239
    edited September 2023
    Enjoying a $7 footlong from QT (Southwest Version of Maverick or Buckees or Caseys).  Better than subway and 1/2 the cost.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Botch said:
    They found it; storeroom at mar-a-lago.  
    Fake news.... they found it next to the green corvette in the garage
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,768
    80 mil is pedestrian in luxury aircraft. Gulfstream? 80 on the price tag and another 3-5 annually between pilots/stewardess/mechanic, hangar and insurance. If you got it, better flaunt it
  • ColbyLang
    Note: I totally missed the joke about the missing fighter jet lol. Been making bread since 3am, pardon my ignorance 
  • ColbyLang said:
    Note: I totally missed the joke about the missing fighter jet lol. Been making bread since 3am, pardon my ignorance 
    Hope to see the results. 
  • Another day in SC, God I love it. Hey while you’re at it, can you find the nuke down at Tybee Island?
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    Hope to see the results. 
    At work. Made a few hundred thousand loaves today in various shapes and sizes 
  • I used the fire extinguisher that has been hanging on my shop wall for 5 or so years. Those things are amazing!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,982
    edited September 2023
    @Canugghead

Let us know if that improves things. I’d be curious. 

@GrateEggspectations I didn't forget. Been logging end-of-day battery level reading.

Many factors dictate battery charge longevity - recording frequency and duration, weather condition, activity level. Since battery was almost 100% depleted, I started with 'detection off' after changing the orientation. Also keep in mind it doesn't get any direct sunlight until late afternoon.
    5%
    19%
    35%
    45%
    51%
    66%
    74%
    87%
    100%
    Turned on motion detection with reduced recording frequency and duration.
    99%
    94%
    89% (high activity day) 
    92%
    92%
    100%
    100%
    89% (high activity day)
    100%
    100%

Unfortunate I don't have 'before' log to compare. I'm happy with the results, hopefully with reduced backyard activity in the winter and bright snowy days I won't have to worry about removing the battery on a cold day to recharge indoor; I don't mind doing that once in a while in warm weather.

Do you have a similar solar panel challenge?
    canuckland
  • kl8ton
    I used the fire extinguisher that has been hanging on my shop wall for 5 or so years. Those things are amazing!
    Story?
    Grand Rapids MI