Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,239
    HeavyG said:
    Discussion ends here:

Who buys a bag of pre-toasted toast???

You   can freeze the whole bag. Makes it easy for a reheat in a toaster in the morning, takes just a few minutes...
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG said:
    Discussion ends here:

I guess it could be an efficiency for those in the #5-6 camp who achieve satisfaction through double toasting. They’d only have to toast once. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,606
    edited September 2023
    @GrateEggspectations - I have an old "dial a toast" setting-I can get any toast finish I like in one shot, even the dang near white ones in one shot. 
    Amazing what analog technology produced for us way back when.  B)
    Edit to clarify the minimal level of effort involved. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations - I have an old "dial a toast" setting-I can get any toast finish I like in one shot, even the dang near white ones in one shot. 
    Amazing what analog technology produced for us way back when.  B)
    Edit to clarify the minimal level of effort involved. 
    Like way back last weekend😁
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,064
    "Sous Vide Toast" WBAGNFARB.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    Botch said:
    "Sous Vide Toast" WBAGNFARB.  
    They could open for Jelly Roll
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446

Jacksonville FL
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    HeavyG said:
    Discussion ends here:

Croutons? 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,067
    HeavyG said:
    Discussion ends here:

Croutons? 
    Now I'm wondering if there's doneness scale for croutons and if they like them softer in Canada.
    Not a felon
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    HeavyG said:
    Discussion ends here:

Croutons? 

Or perhaps Melbas.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,359
    I've posted about this fully automatic analog toaster before.  Interesting read for those that appreciate "old" technology...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • fishlessman
    dbCooper said:
    I've posted about this fully automatic analog toaster before.  Interesting read for those that appreciate "old" technology...

theres an old timer on the lake that tells stories about his dad making fishing lures from those toasters. back when they put chrome on the toaster that stood up. he has a nice collection
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,240
    Just headed to ....

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Wondering why TF someone from the HOA had to come ring my doorbell during dinner to tell me about the annual meeting I have already received three emails about in addition to a letter in the mail. 
  • Wondering why TF someone from the HOA had to come ring my doorbell during dinner to tell me about the annual meeting I have already received three emails about in addition to a letter in the mail. 
    You might be the subject of the meeting.
    Any chance you have a bass boat?
    That's fine. Definitely not going.
    Any chance you have a bass boat?
    No, I'd have to move the toilet and washing machine from the yard to make room for one, and that's a tradeoff I'm just not willing to make.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950

It’s OK, that interminable wait is over and the fledgling PL is back.  Four games done so the press can start labelling various teams’ season as calamitous and imploring the urgent removal of the entire management structure. Other than than that, most teams are where they should be and will probably end up.  Except Europe looms and that can sap squads.

Saturday

Wolves v Liverpool, the hosts are struggling to find a gear and already the Reds look a better proposition than last season. 0-2

Villa v Palace, good match-up as the Villains are a result team, i.e no draws so far and plenty of goals both for and against. Could be a ten goal extravaganza but more likely 1-1 as these two are just too similar. 

Fulham v Luton, one team being worse than the Hatters is all that keeps them from the foot of the table, where they will spend the rest of the season. Fulham are struggling to score and that’s a hole below the water line for any team. 1-0

Man Utd v Brighton, as determined by the dark, hidden powers - the filthy Seagulls were bestowed a victory over Newcastle and now face Utd who are beset by injuries and internal strife. It’s got sickening 0-2 written all over it.

Spurs v Sheffield Utd, who’s Harry Kane?  Spurs have got a new fun bus and it’s all of goals, and fun.  The Blades will be put to the sword. 3-0

West Ham v Man City, not much between theses two so far but Hammers’ squad is worth several hundred million less than City’s, so they will only head down the table. Decent match on offer 1-2.

Newcastle v Brentford, dire league form is putting pressure on Eddie Howe  but that can all change with a run of softer fixtures, but on the other hand the several European big guns are lined up for mid-week fixtures, so no let up afterall. 2-0

Sunday

Bournemouth v Chelsea, it’s all looking a bit shonky for Big Bucks Boehly as this season’s hapless Chels are identical to last season’s hapless Chels’ despite the hundreds of millions spent.  The Cherries have failed to launch so far but will be up for this, a big name to be bagged. 2-1

Everton v Arsenal, could this be the year when the Toffee’s chaotic and ramshackle operation comes home to roost and after flirting the a few relegations and they finally get burnt?  Little Micky Arteta will look to push his old employers that way, probably will too. 0-3

Monday

Notts Forest v Burnley, not gone well for toast of the Championship Vincent Kompany with his metamorphosed Burnley getting humped three times straight. Forest are spying mid-table obscurity, aka ‘success’ already and comfortably bagging the three points this time out will show their credentials for that aspiration. 2-1

Dig in lads, just another 33 of these to go!

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,661
    Just headed to ....

heard there was a landing strip right before the trail entry
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Maybe we could repurpose the Bristol Stool Chart to work with toast…not terribly appealing although might help with dieting 
    caliking knows of what I speak
    lousubcap Posts: 33,606
    Maybe we could repurpose the Bristol Stool Chart to work with toast…not terribly appealing although might help with dieting 
    In non technical terminology, the output of the hershey highway...
    Happy Friday!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
      Boat wiring
  • I thought I had a screeching dryer one night but when I went upstairs it turned out to be my wife screeching that she wants a divorce, she sounded just like a screeching drier but when I pointed that out, her face went all ugly and she got all googly eyed and whatnot, and she started making a sound like a garbage disposer with twelve carrots. I went on ewetoob and I don't think she can be fixed
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,637
    What a time to be a well-to-do man north of Richmond. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI