Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Just lit the XL. 13.5# of SRF Black Grade going on shortly. Gonna be a long day!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    But the reward is well worth it!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    edited December 2022
    ColbyLang said:
    Just lit the XL. 13.5# of SRF Black Grade going on shortly. Gonna be a long day!
    Such a fantastic piece of beef. Mine usually wrap up in about 7 hours at that size. (assuming that pretrim and not post trim weight)
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    ^^^^ I was scrolling quick and didn't notice who made all those appetizers. I thought, "Who made all those appetizers?" I scrolled back up and said, "Oh that makes sense". 

Awesome like always!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    No trimming here. I let it all render off. About to pull it off and FTC
  • I know we have the agree button back but I did the exact same thing @weberwho and had the same reaction. Apparently @lkapigian has a reputation around here
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Holy crap @lkapigian what a spread 👏🏼🙌🏼
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    I know we have the agree button back but I did the exact same thing @weberwho and had the same reaction. Apparently @lkapigian has a reputation around here

LoL , in perspective, Linda comes home from work last Sunday and was livid I didn’t have dinner for her lol , can’t remember the last time I cooked for 2
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    A batch of Ginger Molasses Cookies from @JohnInCarolina's wife's recipe. New cookie sheets worked well. The last batch is cooling, house smells wonderful right now. 

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    I know we have the agree button back but I did the exact same thing @weberwho and had the same reaction. Apparently @lkapigian has a reputation around here
    It was either a party for @Ikapigian 's employees or @SGH 's pre-lunch snack.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Beginning the moving process had a 20 yard dumpster delivered yesterday. It is nearly filled today. It’s crazy how much crap one can accumulate. Luckily my wife is on a roll right now with throwing away stuff we have moved with, for no reason at all, over the course of the last 15 years. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Beginning the moving process had a 20 yard dumpster delivered yesterday. It is nearly filled today. It’s crazy how much crap one can accumulate. Luckily my wife is on a roll right now with throwing away stuff we have moved with, for no reason at all, over the course of the last 15 years. 
    I really need to do that, particularly after cleaning out Mom's place 2.5 years ago.  How long do they usually give you to fill it up?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Botch said:
    I really need to do that, particularly after cleaning out Mom's place 2.5 years ago.  How long do they usually give you to fill it up?  
    The place we got it from was a flat rate for up to 7 days. Drop off, pick up and up to 7k pounds. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lkapigian said:

LoL , in perspective, Linda comes home from work last Sunday and was livid I didn’t have dinner for her lol , can’t remember the last time I cooked for 2
    I am absolutely certain there is something in your fridge to eat at all times!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton said:
    Just got home. One of my daughters turned 11 today. For her birthday experience, I took her plus 4 girls to our local go cart/trampoline park/arcade/laser tag/all you can eat buffet entertainment complex. Delivered the girls back to their houses. A well deserved beer I am now enjoying.
    I hear you, brother. Time and energy well spent. Correspondingly. suds very much deserved. 
  • kl8ton said:
    Just got home. One of my daughters turned 11 today. For her birthday experience, I took her plus 4 girls to our local go cart/trampoline park/arcade/laser tag/all you can eat buffet entertainment complex. Delivered the girls back to their houses. A well deserved beer I am now enjoying.
    Good man.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Been dealing with the flu. Yuk. Thankfully I had the flu vax and that shortened the duration. Fever broke after 36 hours and I feel pretty good this morning. Just a nasty cough. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629

I’m about to go storage building diving for ours.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Nice tree and spot @JohnInCarolina
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• What’s the matter, couldn’t find one that would reach the ceiling?

• What’s the matter, couldn’t find one that would reach the ceiling?
    Haha.  This is a ten-footer.  Frankly the limiting factor on the size of the tree is what I can manage to lift off the top of the car and carry inside on my own.  

We get these from a local organization that has the acronym TROSA - it stands for Triangle Residential Options for Substance Abusers.  It's basically a program that helps addicts get back on their feet, provides them with supportive shelter, gives them employment until they can find a job on their own, etc.  Buying a big tree every year is one of the ways we support them.  Plus, the kids love it.  
    That sounds like a great cause, John. What a great program! We don’t have anything like that here that I’m aware of, but after a few years’ hiatus during the pandemic, we are returning to our tradition of providing Christmas for another family. My very best memory of Christmas growing up.  
  • update

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Yay!  Love Christmas spirit on the forum.  Update:

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS