Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    caliking said:
    Neighbor sort of roped me into helping him cook for an event he was organizing.

I did about 50 chix of chicken tikka.

And helped him throw down 2 YUGE pots of goat biryani. About 80lbs of goat in the 2 pots.

The biryani was the best I've had in years. The dude is a master. This was the more difficult type of biryani (kachchi biryani), which involves cooking the raw meat and rice together in the same pot. Its harder to nail, than the type where you layer cooked meat and rice in the same pot. 

A couple of pics from the host's ranch. The cattle and chix were imported from Bangladesh. 

Awesome @caliking
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @caliking that so awesome. I need somebody to teach me how to cook that. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    clearing out space for tday

ribs braised in sauerkraut, this mornings breakfast

Making up for the life after wisdom teeth removal? I'm still in week 1 and currently having a YOP for lunch. I can not wait to be able to eat what you are having
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    poster said:
    clearing out space for tday

ribs braised in sauerkraut, this mornings breakfast

Making up for the life after wisdom teeth removal? I'm still in week 1 and currently having a YOP for lunch. I can not wait to be able to eat what you are having

sense of taste is way off, the chlorhexidine treatment before and after. the onion ring sauce is extra spicy and so is the kraut to compensate. hope they gave you something else, would rather it have been hydrogen peroxide for the mouth wash.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    @Canugghead - great looking spread right there.  All are gonna be eating quite well.  Hope you have enough ribs... =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    @lousubcap, thanks, not shown in pic was a sauceless less bark third rack for the kiddos.
    canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @canugghead

If you’re looking to adopt, I’d love to become one of your family members. That MSM looks spectacular.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations
    Thanks. Hate to tell you you're past the best before age for that, perhaps my kid can adopt one of your kids?  :D
    btw, the tarts were from Ottawa based Farm Boys chain, pretty decent, not as eggy as the ones from authentic Portuguese bakeries.
    canuckland
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options

sense of taste is way off, the chlorhexidine treatment before and after. the onion ring sauce is extra spicy and so is the kraut to compensate. hope they gave you something else, would rather it have been hydrogen peroxide for the mouth wash.
    Nothing but salt water. Got the usual pain killers, antibiotics, and anti inflammatories too. Jaw won't open enough for a fork yet. Blended soups and drinks for a bit yet. Fun times
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    poster said:

Nothing but salt water. Got the usual pain killers, antibiotics, and anti inflammatories too. Jaw won't open enough for a fork yet. Blended soups and drinks for a bit yet. Fun times
    Small bone fragments now on the easy one. No pain but sharp pieces popping thru.not a biggie. Hoping gin dissolves them
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Dyal_SC

I’m a big turmeric fan too. Just watch those counters. 🙃
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,373
    Options
    Very colorful plates. 

After following this thread, like forever, and seeing all those awesome cooks, I have come to conclusion I must be 88% carnivore, 2% herbivor and 10% alcoholic.

Carry on
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Very colorful plates. 

After following this thread, like forever, and seeing all those awesome cooks, I have come to conclusion I must be 88% carnivore, 2% herbivor and 10% alcoholic.

Carry on
    I would say I’m 80% carnivore, 10% herbivore and 25% alcoholic. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Can’t wait to get my new Gozney Dome pizza oven because my Bluestar oven just doesn’t put out enough heat!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I got some of those a few months ago @SonVolt and they make all my half sheet pans look woefully inadequate. I love them!! 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Can’t wait to get my new Gozney Dome pizza oven because my Bluestar oven just doesn’t put out enough heat!

Are you using the Broiler + Baking Steel method? It's a game changer.   

This was baked in my old GE Profile and it was nowhere near as hot as my Bluestar. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    That pizza is gorgeous!!

My old GE Profile got way hotter than my bluestar. My bluestar is a 500degree oven and doesn't go much over. I could get my GE up to 570+.

I've tried the broiler method but my broiler is crazy strong and I couldn't find a balance that I liked.  I'll have a Gozney dome here this weekend though. Should fix it right up. I also love toys.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Gotcha. Yeah I haven't tried pizza in the Bluestar yet b/c I have the Fontana out back now. The broiler on the Bluestar has one setting - Annihilation. I would definitely have to create more space between the Steel & the Broiler if I go that route. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Gotcha. Yeah I haven't tried pizza in the Bluestar yet b/c I have the Fontana out back now. The broiler on the Bluestar has one setting - Annihilation. I would definitely have to create more space between the Steel & the Broiler if I go that route. 
    I love that broiler. But it is no joke!
  • Canugghead
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Love these new sheet pans I picked up at Walmart.  They're sized in-between a half-sheet and full-sheet, so they can accommodate a lot more food than a typical sheet pan yet still fit into a regular sized oven.  I was able to fit 8 fairly large chicken quarters with room to spare. 

https://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Natural-Aluminum-Commercial/dp/B0064OM53G?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

I have all three sizes, this ‘3/4’ sheet is my go to for holding 11x17 cutting board when doing heavy duty protein processing, minimum mess on the countertop.
    canuckland