Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Sunday night cheeseburgers, chicken breasts, and smoked potato wedges!
    Sir, this is a big green egg forum. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    So are you so stupid that you think all of us only cook on our BGE’s.  You must be very naive.  Most have several grills, and us that can afford it, have a lot of smokers & grills.

I guess if you can only afford to own 1 BGE, you have to work with that option.

Are you making fun of the members that choose to cook their family meal on “non-BGE” grills.  If so, you are an elitist and a grill snob.  You have no place on this forum, and Rob @The_Buffalo should evaluate if you should remain on here.  You really don’t bring anything to this forum with your negativity and crappy sarcastic attitude. You are a cancer on here.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Sirloin kabobs on the gasser! 
  • JonWesson
    JonWesson Posts: 161
    Options
    Sirloin kabobs on the gasser! 

@littlerascal56 yous grates is warped just like your mind.     is sadly only one could be fixed
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    So are you so stupid that you think all of us only cook on our BGE’s.  You must be very naive.  Most have several grills, and us that can afford it, have a lot of smokers & grills.

I guess if you can only afford to own 1 BGE, you have to work with that option.

Are you making fun of the members that choose to cook their family meal on “non-BGE” grills.  If so, you are an elitist and a grill snob.  You have no place on this forum, and Rob @The_Buffalo should evaluate if you should remain on here.  You really don’t bring anything to this forum with your negativity and crappy sarcastic attitude. You are a cancer on here.
    Calm down. We are all friends here. And no one here cooks on anything but a Big Green Egg...

Like this cook

Great looking cook.  And my point exactly.  We all have an assortment of expensive cookers on here. Cen Tex is the only one that gets upset when it’s not a BGE.  He needs to get a life.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    Nice manicure Scott.

@littlerascal56 what does that mean, get a life?  One more like yours?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I propose a motion that all parties take the cray to the Off-Topic section. And keep it out of this long running thread. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy - great steak right there on that SM rig.  Nailed it.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Legume said:
    Nice manicure Scott.

@littlerascal56 what does that mean, get a life?  One more like yours?
    Mani and pedi day!!!   Nah, that's my MIL, she wanted to put her hand in there for scale. I told her to grab a banana instead but she doesn't internet enough to know what I'm talking about.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options

I was planning fat side up. Is that ok? Flat to the back or point to the back? Clueless here. 

Snellville, GA

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan - you've got it dialed in.  Enjoy the audibles throughout the cook. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Thank you @lousubcap. My confidence is low as are my expectations but worse case it will be chili. 
    Snellville, GA

• lousubcap
    Options
    In the event I have not sent you my notes on a brisket cook-I just did as a PM.
    If you have sorted this cook out before then go with your experience.  FWIW-

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan

Nice. You’ll want the thickest part of the brisket at the back, rotating throughout the cook if necessary to achieve even bark. 
  • jadams03
    Options
    SonVolt said:

What a beautiful setup you have there! I'm envious
    Large BGE--Louisville KY

"May I be worthy of my meat." Wendell Berry
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    In the event I have not sent you my notes on a brisket cook-I just did as a PM.
    If you have sorted this cook out before then go with your experience.  FWIW-

Thank you Frank. I have def not sorted this cook out. As mentioned in my message, I have a couple hours to soak up some of the helpful info you sent before the meat hits the heat. 
    Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan

Nice. You’ll want the thickest part of the brisket at the back, rotating throughout the cook if necessary to achieve even bark. 
    Thank you. So you are saying I should put the point to the back. Am I reading that right? For some reason I was thinking opposite but that does seem logical to want the thick part by the heat. 
    Snellville, GA

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    That’s how I’d approach it…. But what do I know.