Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 17,053
    @EzraBrooks I'd eat the heck outta that.  caliqueen isn't a fan, so I don't get to make it much.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    Indian feast. Butter chicken and palak paneer. Everything from scratch minus the naan (I’m not quite at @caliking level).

Looks like a home run from over here!

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 5,100
    @GrateEggspectations that very well may be the coolest “little boy” birthday cake I have ever seen. Bravo sir!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 2,333
    Awesome cake @Great_EGGspectations! Love the Kit Kats!
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 27,136
    @GrateEggspectations - beyond creative right there!  Great cake and "frosting."
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 18,454
    @GrateEggspectations need remember those days.  Fun age.  Enjoy him while you can. 
  • abtaylor260abtaylor260 Posts: 241

Man! I’m in Oklahoma and I wish I had access to fresh seafood like this! Well done.
  • TideEggHeadTideEggHead Posts: 1,228

Man! I’m in Oklahoma and I wish I had access to fresh seafood like this! Well done.
    Thanks brother! It is nice when your able to catch some for the dinner table. If it makes you feel any better, I wish we had the ducks yall do!
    LBGE
    AL
    @Canugghead I like how the "leaping frog" cuts keeps the breast intact for carving. I need to try this.

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 27,136
    Learn something new dang near every day here.  Time to "leaping frog" a chix.  Thanks @Canugghead.
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 9,467
    lousubcap said:
    Learn something new dang near every day here.  Time to "leaping frog" a chix.  Thanks @Canugghead.
    Thanks and agree with learning something new, next time I should carve the breast as @caliking said, instead of rough lopping it with scissors  ;)  Never thought of carving a chicken breast, this almost four pounder with huge breast was a perfect candidate for that.
    canuckland
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 9,467
    shtgunal3 said:

Short ribs and bone in breasts on the Ranger at the campsite. The breasts will be shredded/chopped for tacos later.
    Beautiful.
    As you probably know I'm a big Ranger fan too, just want to share my experience re foiling the drip pan. I used to line the tray with foil, but noticed the dry clean tray started to develop minor surface rust. Before each cook I just scrape off the greasy gunk with a heavy metal dough scraper, haven't noticed any rust since but may be it's now hiding beneath the patina! Also, I use the same scraper and a big round spoon to remove ash, find it easier than hauling vacuum. Lots of elbow grease but my hands are usually dirty anyway.
    canuckland

• That looks really good.  Details on the pasta?
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • YbabpmutsYbabpmuts Posts: 367
    I cooked massive CAB steak tips that I marinated in Italian dressing, some hot sauce, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Left it in for two nights by accident. Thought I screwed the pooch doing that, and the last time I screwed the pooch they threw hot water on us and the steaks that night tasted an awful lot like alpo

Threw them on heavy peach wood smoke on back of grid, kept heat low for maybe ten fifteen minutes, then took grid out and threw them direct on coals. Smaller one was medium, but larger ones I got off at about 135 and let them rest. Surprised they weren't over marinated after two days but nothing there to break down meat I suppose. Nothing like alpo.
  • YbabpmutsYbabpmuts Posts: 367
    Legume said:
    Pan fried walleye (dredged in rice flour), mango pico relish thing with ginger and mint, sautéed beet greens with feta, golden raisins and pistachios.

And sideways plate.

I had a mango pico relish thing once. It was an accident and I'll be the first to admit I shouldn't have been running across the kitchen naked, while also carrying the jar so low like that. To be honest, I barely kept the golden raisins out of the thing, but turning the plate sideways like you did in that illustration is what saved my golden raisins, so thanks for that. Very visual.
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 18,454
    Legume said:
    Pan fried walleye (dredged in rice flour), mango pico relish thing with ginger and mint, sautéed beet greens with feta, golden raisins and pistachios.

And sideways plate.

No sous vide after all that.