Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• LegumeLegume Posts: 12,925
    Legume said:
    Pan fried walleye (dredged in rice flour), mango pico relish thing with ginger and mint, sautéed beet greens with feta, golden raisins and pistachios.

And sideways plate.

No sous vide after all that. 
    Never got a recipe
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 17,053
    Legume said:
    Pan fried walleye (dredged in rice flour), mango pico relish thing with ginger and mint, sautéed beet greens with feta, golden raisins and pistachios.

And sideways plate.

Nice plate. What did you think of the rice flour dredge? Did you dredge it in just the rice flour, or mixed with anything else?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    caliking said:
    Legume said:

And sideways plate.

Nice plate. What did you think of the rice flour dredge? Did you dredge it in just the rice flour, or mixed with anything else?
    Nice and light, we only dusted it, didn’t do two layers with egg or milk.  We don’t use wheat flour, so we have a collection of other flours and some rice panko, etc., and I wasn’t looking for a big crust.  The fillet was pretty thin and it would’ve overcooked before a good crust cooked.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 27,136
    Seedless grapes for the party?  Nicely laid out.  Artistic presentation.  I'm sure there is more wine in standby.  Enjoy the evening.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!

• All form of grapes are seedless here. And hard to get your 5-7 servings per day when not liquified. 🙂 Yes, the wine fridge has been primed. 

What do you have on the go this weekend?
    Slow weekend but cranking out some pork belly burnt ends Sunday for youngest (of two) granddaughter's one year B'day party.  Thanks for asking-
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • lousubcap said:
    Slow weekend but cranking out some pork belly burnt ends Sunday for youngest (of two) granddaughter's one year B'day party.  Thanks for asking-
    Pics or it didn’t happen. And I’m putting you on notice  that I’ll be looking for the cross-cut. 😁
    Is the bread in the ezbake microwave?
    @JohnInCarolina - great result right there.  Nailed it.
    Any insights with your two step method?  
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 25,403
    edited June 26
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - great result right there.  Nailed it.
    Any insights with your two step method?  
    It works. Solid smoke from the KBQ, then roasts really well on the BGE.

I also held back some pepper and onion, adding it in for the last half hour.  It gives the batch a little more color and texture - I think it works really well.  I’ll definitely do it this way from now on.
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• calikingcaliking Posts: 17,053
    Those look fantastic, @lousubcap !!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 18,454
    Pho king brilliant 
  • dbCooperdbCooper Posts: 1,490

Fine looking Pho, the dessert looks killer too!

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • 4TheGrillOfIt4TheGrillOfIt Posts: 630
    @SonVolt beautiful color, outstanding.
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • bbracey21bbracey21 Posts: 156

That dessert from Costco is one of the finer things they make, flipping delicious!