Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Acn said:

Pork chops, orange black beans, and corn.
    Details on the orange black beans?  SWMBO loves black beans.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Acn said:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    Options
    Acn said:
    Acn said:

They're only orange SCENTED? So the orange is only there for after dinner? I get that ... there have been days where my whole family wished I had eaten orange scented beans.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    edited June 2022
    Options
    heard about this today, people spraying it on ice cream and bar drinks.  might work for beans and asparagus, should be a law on airplane foods.....

Orange Edible Perfume Spray  Amoretti

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @Acn Thanks!
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,412
    Options
    @Buckwoody Egger - great cook and definitely bringing the $$ shot.  Sweet eats right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @buckwoody_egger

Looks like a home run from where I stand. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    Options
    @shtgunal3

"Grilled chicken cheesesteak sandwiches. Sorry, no money shot."

What was your cheesecake so chicken about? I saw that you grilled it, did you not get the information from it during that process? Don't answer me here, anybody can read this, meet me at the bench in Gooseberry Park, the one closest to the 7-Eleven on Broad Street. I'll be the talking shrub to the left, make like its natural, like we haven't rehearsed this over and over ...  and fought over who was the best talking shrub between us. Shhhh....

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    Today's lunch...onion and chicken kebab, wrapped in paratha

Do you have like, a kewl skewer gun?  Or just mad 3D skills??  :applause:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,540
    Options
    Botch said:

Crazy but not sure about the rest  ;)  Next time I’m going back to single instead of double skew, tried double to prevent spinning but the smaller rings in the centre fell out.
    canuckland
  • shtgunal3
    Options

8lb butt on the new toy We’ll see how it goes.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Canugghead
    edited July 2022
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Nice, Yoder or Rectec? Haven’t mustered the courage to try butt or brisket in pellet pooper yet, IIRC  ;)
    edit: never mind, just saw your other post
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,983
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

That butt looks tiny on that thing.  Looks like you have plenty of real-estate for ribs and whatnot.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    @Canugghead I tried pulled pork on the Traeger a few times and while good, I usually smoked them on the egg because it comes out much better. I wanted to try it on here just because.

@JohnInCarolina that pic is a little deceiving but yeah there is plenty of room for more. I’ll probably throw some dogs or sausages on mid cook and maybe some squash from the garden.

• shtgunal3
    Options

Here we are two hours in. I’ll probably bump the temp up quite a bit at some point but not really in a hurry.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    Botch said:

Crazy but not sure about the rest  ;)  Next time I’m going back to single instead of double skew, tried double to prevent spinning but the smaller rings in the centre fell out.

I like to use the reusable flat stainless steel 1/2"-1" inch or so wide kefta/kebab kind of skewers. Can usually get an onion on just one skewer and the width of the blade is enough to keep them from spinning.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Here we are two hours in. I’ll probably bump the temp up quite a bit at some point but not really in a hurry.
    Love the preset temp selection menu.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:

I like to use the reusable flat stainless steel 1/2"-1" inch or so wide kefta/kebab kind of skewers. Can usually get an onion on just one skewer and the width of the blade is enough to keep them from spinning.

Brilliant, stealing cap's favourite line, learn something new here everyday! Thanks

canuckland