Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    @Acn - thanks! What recipe book is that?  It looks like one I should own!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    @Acn - thanks! What recipe book is that?  It looks like one I should own!
    Milk Street Tuesday Nights.  Milk Street is the magazine/show/website/cookbook developers that Chris Kimball started after leaving ATK.  
    We’ve found a lot of the same reliability, but he’s using a lot more global and interesting flavors and techniques.  I’d recommend pretty much any of the cookbooks, there are a bunch of recipes that we’ve found and have entered regular rotation.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    ryantt said:
    Pork chops on the XL BGE seasoned with Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express.  This is the first time I’ve used the Red Eye seasoning and I absolutely loved it. 
    Red eye is a rock star! Enjoy. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Acn said:

Kimchi & bacon fried rice, with sriracha and a fried egg.
    That sounds amazing 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Acn thank you. Saved the image.  Definitely gonna do this. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Angie is the queen of fried rice here, my request for this has been made.  Thanks @Acn for sharing recipe.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,472
    Options
    Cap'n, the overcooked rice is SUPPOSED to be there!  That looks delish, and I need to set up for my first paella cook (I've had the seasoned pan now for, what, 2 years?!?)  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,348
    Options
    Botch said:
    Cap'n, the overcooked rice is SUPPOSED to be there!  That looks delish, and I need to set up for my first paella cook (I've had the seasoned pan now for, what, 2 years?!?)  
    There is a difference between over cooked (I have been doing this cook for better than 10 years on the LBGE) and burnt.  I have yet to nail the entire rice bed on the SBGE.  Always enjoy a challenge.  Burnt toast taste for the  win!  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Terpderpitude
    Options
    Made for wifey by special request. Grilled cheese with fresh, artisanal bread, old cheddar, honey smoked ham and caramelized onions. 

Closer to a melt than grilled cheese, but that looks awesome!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    caliking said:
    Yesterday... SV'ed a wagyu tri-tip, then seared on the egg to get it crusty. Served with squash from the garden and mushroom asparagus risotto (forgot the plated pic).

"Like" does not do that cook justice.  Dang...Nailed it and definitely eating well.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Made for wifey by special request. Grilled cheese with fresh, artisanal bread, old cheddar, honey smoked ham and caramelized onions. 

The cooks offered tonight are quite strong.  Way to nail it @GrateEggspectations.  Bonus points for the correct response.  I would suggest you make two of those and give one to your neighbour with that stable of cars.  
    If he/she declines just send to me.  
    Stay and healthy and safe out there-