Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338

I’m pretty jealous right now that you can hang out by a fire and watch TV. We just started the time of year where your phone tells you it won’t work unless it is constantly in the AC. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942

I’m pretty jealous right now that you can hang out by a fire and watch TV. We just started the time of year where your phone tells you it won’t work unless it is constantly in the AC. 
    Ah yes, March - Nov.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • I’m pretty jealous right now that you can hang out by a fire and watch TV. We just started the time of year where your phone tells you it won’t work unless it is constantly in the AC. 
    Curious of your opinion: https://www.brookhavenga.gov/police/page/police-department-job-openings
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    @SamIAm2 said:
    If you want good neighbors, be a good neighbor. 

So true. Words we try to live by. We actually had a major storm roll through here Saturday. Haven’t had power since then. Many with property damage and there have also been some fatalities. Lots of mature trees downed - some uprooted. In the aftermath of the storm, we checked on the four neighbourhood properties whose owners we knew were away and updated them. Reported bad news to some (photos below). Have helped neighbors cut damaged branches with a manual pole saw, have offered use of our (borrowed) generator and shower, have stored items in our freezer and have watched their children. We have also received help (coffee! 🙂) and also had my daughter spend an hour in our elderly neighbours’ yard last night as we caught our breath and enjoyed a drink on the deck. Community truly matters!

A special thanks to @nolaegghead for some much needed generator advice. You are generous in all kinds of ways. 

enjoye
    Nola definitely is the “go to generator guy”!

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164

Not floating the mainstream I see. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Sometimes the self-owns on this forum are almost too good to be true.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Jammin with the Wailers

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Not floating the mainstream I see. 
    The 24pk of Sweetwater IPA 16oz cans are a SKU I am grateful the general public has not identified as a hoard item. YET.  Keep it low key but enjoy. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Curious of your opinion: https://www.brookhavenga.gov/police/page/police-department-job-openings
    Seems pretty good without knowing anything about the area or department. Some of the things they list as benefits, I have no personal interest in like the take home patrol car. 

I got into this a little later in life than most. I truly believe we have the best trained police force in the country and that was a big selling point to me.  Our starting pay and benefits are a little more, but that may be expected based on department size. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:

I even managed to burn the center console lid with the work light. It keeps getting better and better. Fun times!

Those rechargeable LED work lights, ~$10 each, are worth their weight in gold and don't get hot/have no cord to kick.  I had never been so happy to throw away my old trouble-light, which burned up three or so incandescent bulbs with each job, argh!  

The LED work light I have was unfortunately being used in the wheel well and I had this other one sitting right next to the door as I was using it the night before under the car. So it was convenient to grab as it was right there. It had to been a good 5-6" away from anything that I'd imagine would burn or tip into. I had it shining on the center column as I was in the backseats trying to unhook some electronics. I grabbed something in the house and I come back out to some light smoke and punctured armrest. Yeah those old school work lights suck. Any little bump and the bulb burns out. I hear you!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:
    Finally it's all back together. It runs and drives but most importantly stops. The rear brakes just make you realize how crappy the fronts are. I'm not chomping at the bit to change them anytime soon but will need to be done. 

Completely random picture but I needed to get into a cabinet in the garage and while opening the door I managed to nick just enough of the tire that I had standing upright to fall over. As it falls over it somehow clears the WD-40 can but takes the top nozzle off of it. What are the odds that it clears the can by the slightest of margin and stays upright. 

It's maybe not all that interesting but I was shocked to see it somehow makes its way through. 
    Looks like your luck is turning!  That could have been a mess.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Gave my 4x4’ welding table to that old artist Al Sprauge.  He was super excited.  Anyway, been looking for someone to take that to make room for a new welding table I picked up a couple months ago.  

Needs some better welds and wheels.  Pulled off the top while I work on the base.  Top weighs just short of 600 lbs.

Gave my 4x4’ welding table to that old artist Al Sprauge.  He was super excited.  Anyway, been looking for someone to take that to make room for a new welding table I picked up a couple months ago.  

Needs some better welds and wheels.  Pulled off the top while I work on the base.  Top weighs just short of 600 lbs.

A welding table with sub par welds?  My mind is wrestling with itself right now.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    Yeah.  **** welds by an amateur and only on one face.
    Having carpets cleaned professionally. 

LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • Waiting for my supposed 4 week renovation project that is in it 6th week to be finished.  They told me they should be finished by next week, so I am thinking 3 or 4 weeks from now.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Waiting for my supposed 4 week renovation project that is in it 6th week to be finished.  They told me they should be finished by next week, so I am thinking 3 or 4 weeks from now.  
    Sounds like they are pretty fast workers.  How is it looking so far?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    WeberWho said:
    Finally it's all back together. It runs and drives but most importantly stops. The rear brakes just make you realize how crappy the fronts are. I'm not chomping at the bit to change them anytime soon but will need to be done. 

Completely random picture but I needed to get into a cabinet in the garage and while opening the door I managed to nick just enough of the tire that I had standing upright to fall over. As it falls over it somehow clears the WD-40 can but takes the top nozzle off of it. What are the odds that it clears the can by the slightest of margin and stays upright. 

It's maybe not all that interesting but I was shocked to see it somehow makes its way through. 
    Reminds me of this Buster Keaton classic:

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Sweating my tail off at work
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    ColbyLang said:
    Sweating my tail off at work
    Soggy Buns?
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Nope, humid ones
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Changing the waste gate solenoid for turbo on swmbo whip.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @alaskanassasin - Layman translation of the above requested, kinky or not.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    lousubcap said:
    Wastegate is an exhaust gas bypass valve held closed by a spring, when open the exhaust gas bypasses the turbine into the exhaust pipe.  This regulates the pressure increase by the turbo on the intake manifold.  The solenoid is controlled by the ECU that monitors combustion parameters.  Dunno what the other stuff means 
    I want to hear about her whip
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    lousubcap said:
    Wastegate is an exhaust gas bypass valve held closed by a spring, when open the exhaust gas bypasses the turbine into the exhaust pipe.  This regulates the pressure increase by the turbo on the intake manifold.  The solenoid is controlled by the ECU that monitors combustion parameters.  Dunno what the other stuff means 
     Basically the waste gate opens when you have excess pressure being produced by the turbo and it dumps into the exhaust. It is opened and closed by a electric solenoid that is controlled by the computer. The check engine light came on and it ran like shvt, according to the code and the internet I think the waste gate was stuck open not allowing any boost pressure to be created. Whip=car.   It’s running like a scalded dog now but the lights still on so I think I will buy a scanner to clear it since the auto parts stores around here at least won’t clear codes anymore.

I figure I can throw a couple parts at it before taking it to a bmw dealership and shelling out the big bucks.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.