Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865
    dbCooper said:
    We have tickets for mid-July in Omaha, purchased with a bit of skepticism.  Glad to hear it's worthwhile.
    Really well done.  I was impressed.  The immersive thing towards the end we sat through almost twice.  I want to say it’s at least 40 minutes long all on its own.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    ColbyLang said:
    Kneading won’t help with gluten development if the protein level isn’t there
    What is a good protein level for neopolitan pizza crust?
    Caputo blue bag is 12.75%, Caputo red bag is 13-13.5%, Nuvola super is 13.5%

Back in the pandemic days @nolaegghead sent me some home made masks one of which was made with starry night fabric, I had a lot of comments on that one.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    edited May 2022
    Just left the immersive Van Gogh exhibit in Raleigh - definitely worth checking out if it comes to your area.

It hit Raleigh  after SLC?!?  You guys are slipping, bad.  (I didn't see it)  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:
    Just left the immersive Van Gogh exhibit in Raleigh - definitely worth checking out if it comes to your area.

It hit Raleigh  after SLC?!?  You guys are slipping, bad.  (I didn't see it)  
    Salt Lake is actually more artist friendly than Raleigh.  It has something to do with Joseph Smith (I try not to ask too many questions about these things!)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    I am watching Bling Empire on Netflix.  Kane is such a **** stirrer.  Any way, that painting looks cool.  Had a poster like it in my highschool English class.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Unpacking so I can…pack. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    I know you are a big fan of horses. Thought you might like this one. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Getting caught up with today-local golfer, Justin Thomas wins the PGA-second major following his 2017 PGA win.  Attended middle school up the road and SWMBO (as a substitute teacher in our kids youth) had him as a student in class.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    lousubcap said:
    Getting caught up with today-local golfer, Justin Thomas wins the PGA-second major following his 2017 PGA win.  Attended middle school up the road and SWMBO (as a substitute teacher in our kids youth) had him as a student in class.  
    Very cool Frank!  I watched the last 2 days of the tournament, and was pulling for Justin! Glad he won in sudden death 3 hole finish!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    @SGH that is a fine horse you have there.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited May 2022
    @SGH that is a fine horse you have there.
    Makes me recall that I like Bo-legged weemens. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Need it to grab logs.  lo
    It looked pretty useful, why did you take it apart?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,662
    snagged off the web, they swim good

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Breast stroke?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,662
    edited May 2022
    Breast stroke?

used to swim on a team in my younger days. mind must be slipping, its a butterfly stroke. breast is similar but your arms dont leave the water. first time seeing an eagle do it, was a bit painful to watch but they move pretty quick, never let the salmon go
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    going all ozzie_isaac on a 300 dollar budget.  sick of stepping in a puddle

You’re just looking at the puddle wrong.  On a $300 budget, you need to start thinking about that puddle as the start of your redneck jacuzzi!
  • nolaegghead
    I see it as an opportunity for getting into some aquaculture.  Algae is hot right now.
    if only a pig was in the budget

When Pigs Fly and Other Barnyard Idioms  Merriam-Webster
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    if only a pig was in the budget

When Pigs Fly and Other Barnyard Idioms  Merriam-Webster
    Put out a few slop buckets filled with swill and you might get lucky.

I noticed you do cook pretty high level gourmet ****, so you might have to outsource the swill.  (great trick, dumpster dive at Golden Corral).

Soccer concessions. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    More details please... What will you be mounting the orange framework to?  Where are the logs located such that you need a winch to grab them?

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Being 99% sure I foolishly got scammed out of $50 online. My own fault, glad it was only $50 and not $500 or $5000
  • JohnInCarolina
    ColbyLang said:
    Being 99% sure I foolishly got scammed out of $50 online. My own fault, glad it was only $50 and not $500 or $5000
    Sorry to hear that man, it happens.  And yeah, it’s often for a lot more.  People suck.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @ColbyLang - you are running a stressful business with demand that required standing up a second shift on short notice.
    So what does the above have to do with the likely scam, nothing.  But reality check says you are married-the internal household scams happen all the time.  So likely you should give the $50 a different perspective.  B)
    All kidding aside, that sucks.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    It does suck. Chalk it up to lesson learned. Glad I ain’t missing more than I am
  • nolaegghead
    dbCooper said:
    More details please... What will you be mounting the orange framework to?  Where are the logs located such that you need a winch to grab them?