Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Botch said:
    Trying to decide if a sit/stand desk is worth the money.  

Neither…..just retire
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    Counting to ten (10).  SWMBO makes a purchase Thursday thru Sam's Club on line. I have not been in a Sam's store in over 20 years (personal) and never visited their website.  Turns out her CC is rejected, tries mine (I did not get a vote)-same story.  
    Hello today-my CC was hacked by a Sam's Club staffer (no liability on my part) so now I'm waiting for the new CC and then to fix the auto-pay accounts.  
    LEO is a given and likely escape velocity.  I should be so lucky.
    My acceleration is fueled by the "Given your CC has never before been rejected, why did you think it was a great move to press on?"  The couch is a fine landing zone.  Happy Friday!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,984
    Options
    lousubcap said:

My acceleration is fueled by the "Given your CC has never before been rejected, why did you think it was a great move to press on?"  The couch is a fine landing zone.  Happy Friday!
    yep, that would do it for me too, lol
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    @lousubcap - you of all people should remember - run silent, run deep.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,087
    Options
    Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets...

Receptionist:
    How do you write women so well?

Melvin Udall:
    I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Sitting at the airport after paying $75 overweight bag fee (11 lbs over, even though I had 2 free checked bags and only checked one), and throwing my $50 knife in the trash.  100% my fault, forgot I was carrying it as I was going through security.

Also sitting in the only concourse in Harry Reid International Airport that doesn't have a Centurion lounge.  Getting between concourses requires a shuttle or a trip through security.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 942
    Options
    Wow. How'd they see your overweight bag. Was someone peeking in the men's room?

Still, I should talk, mine can fit in an overhead bin maybe a hundred times, and not once has anybody looked at it and thought it should be weighed for flight either. Did they make you take an aisle seat?

Ybabpmuts 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Counting to ten (10).  SWMBO makes a purchase Thursday thru Sam's Club on line. I have not been in a Sam's store in over 20 years (personal) and never visited their website.  Turns out her CC is rejected, tries mine (I did not get a vote)-same story.  
    Hello today-my CC was hacked by a Sam's Club staffer (no liability on my part) so now I'm waiting for the new CC and then to fix the auto-pay accounts.  
    LEO is a given and likely escape velocity.  I should be so lucky.
    Trust, but Verify.  Both Reagan and Gorbachev would have tried your CC too.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Botch said:

Neither…..just retire
    Botch spend the money on gas for the motorcycle and hotel rooms.  No sense fancying up the nest when it’s just to read more of the same bad political bs every day. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,673
    Options
    Botch said:

Neither…..just retire
    Botch spend the money on gas for the motorcycle and hotel rooms.  No sense fancying up the nest when it’s just to read more of the same bad political bs every day. 
    When you get home pick up some corgis and bake a pizza.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    Sitting at the airport after paying $75 overweight bag fee (11 lbs over, even though I had 2 free checked bags and only checked one), and throwing my $50 knife in the trash.  100% my fault, forgot I was carrying it as I was going through security.

Also sitting in the only concourse in Harry Reid International Airport that doesn't have a Centurion lounge.  Getting between concourses requires a shuttle or a trip through security.
    50 lbs on the scale.  No margin for error.  Smuggling anything given the short stay??   B)
    Must be LAS as here in L'ville, home of UPS Air, if that happens in the search line you are given an option to get your knife sent back to you courtesy of UPS.  The charge is $15, much less than the cost of a replacement blade but everyone who handles the package gets a cut as you well know.   

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Buckwoody Egger Posts: 674
    edited May 2022
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Must be LAS as here in L'ville, home of UPS Air, if that happens in the search line you are given an option to get your knife sent back to you courtesy of UPS.  The charge is $15, much less than the cost of a replacement blade but everyone who handles the package gets a cut as you well know.   

Cap that is a nice convenient offering. Too bad there are not lockers. They used to have them in the train stations in Chicago until organized crime caught wind of Lester’s horse picking skills and spoiled it.  The full story at the link below. Sorry to hear about your CC hiccup. Happy Friday everyone. 

• Ybabpmuts
    Options
    "Both Reagan and Gorbachev would have tried your CC too"

Tried the CC for what? It didn't do anything. It was merely a pawn in the whole scheme. Everybody always wants to blame the plastic. Listen, the plastic, especially the little ones .. the so called micro plastics .. are innocent, totally innocent. They were manipulated into random shapes, they would never have chosen for themselves (you can find the most unfortunate ones if you search on the dark web for tubular and bedroom) then filled with various things to be used by humans, sometimes in awful ways .. (see tubular based comment above)  sorta wantonly, and then discarded. You would have them tried.

Reagan wore rouge on the sides of his face
    A nice howdie doodie red
    Gorbachev coulda used more than a trace
    To cover that thing on his head

Ybabpmuts

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2022
    Options
    lousubcap said:

50 lbs on the scale.  No margin for error.  Smuggling anything given the short stay??   B)

They did not offer that, he pointed to the trash can.  I didn't really press the matter.  Looking on TSA website they say they have shipping materials.  This location did not offer it.  Said trash can.  Luckily, it was a specific one I use when loosing it or damaging it is a real possibility.  It has been lost, found, chips worked out, and the tip reshaped after snapping it.  Not a tremendous loss, but having to just throw a perfectly servicable knife in the trash hurt.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    Once I went through TSA with a shillelagh in my pants. Nobody said a damned thing and I'm not even Irish. I could have probably gotten two or three shillelaghs in my pants. Actually it'd probably be more effective if I have five shillelagh's in my pants, because then they'll fit like a glove, and the whole thing will be less obvious.

Ybabpmuts 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    Botch said:

What problem are you looking to solve?
    You're retired so you can get up and walk away from your desk anytime you want/need. :)
    If you are trying to keep yourself from sitting in front of your pc all day I suggest you install a free little app that basically kicks you off your computer at specified time intervals so that you get up, walk around, stare at something not just two feet in front of your face, hit the head, make a sandwich, etc.
    I know how sometimes one goes down a rabbit hole and next thing you know you've been sitting at your pc for five hours... or more. :)
    I've been using a free little app called "Take A Break, Please" for many years. It allows you to set the time interval between breaks and the time allotted for the forced break period.
    Might be worth a try if that is at least part of what you want to accomplish.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Remembering when this was a much less friendly place
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I liked it better then.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    I liked it better then.
    Shut your mouth and quit whining!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    thinking of @ColbyLang
    This "train" is switching tracks and backing in to King Flour/King Mill.  Residents say they never see a train. My wife and I ended up here today in separate vehicles and each waited for the grain train.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    It's raining here again.  I'm thinking of those in drought stricken areas. I wish you could have it.  I don't need it.  I don't want it.  

I do enjoy the thunder and lightning though! 

Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    I liked it better then.
    Shut your mouth and quit whining!
    I like that better!  Thank you.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    @CPFC1905, give Kate a cheeseburger. She looks hungry
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,868
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Very much so.  Lucky to get a shot side on.  She's like a stick. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,984
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Very much so.  Lucky to get a shot side on.  She's like a stick. 
    No doubt the stress of having to rule an entire country of people with bad teeth has started to wear on her.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    And shoddy roofs
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    "Very much so.  Lucky to get a shot side on.  She's like a stick"

The only way to know how much like a stick she is, is to throw her across the yard and see if the dog will bring her back or not. If the dog does bring her back, you'd still need to prove that she wasn't a tennis ball but you can do that by looking her all over for soft delicate fuzz. She looks pretty sporty, so I'm guessing you'll find that fuzz stuff on her somewhere. 

Ybabpmuts
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    What kind of hat did you wear @CPFC1905 ?  I see several options in the pic.