Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,983
    Options
    Botch said:
    Trying to decide if a sit/stand desk is worth the money.  

If you have any kind of lower back problems, it’s a yes.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,670
    Options
    Swmbo loves her https://www.upliftdesk.com/uplift-v2-standing-desk-v2-or-v2-commercial/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyZ3f1-rs9wIVWRmtBh1wHwy6EAAYASAAEgK1U_D_BwE

I have to admit it’s pretty cool I just don’t ride a desk enough to have one.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    Botch said:

I have one at my office and at home. It’s a necessity these days. The wobble boards are nice too if you’re going to be stuck at one for several hours. Uplift brand at work, cheap Amazon one at home
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,087
    Options
    Mowed my low maintenance, fescue blend, dog run yard.   The odd patches did not overwinter for some reason, gives me a late summer project if motivated to mess with it.
    Keen eyes will note early blooming peonies by the shed, hope they hang on for memorial day.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Could be dog pee burned your grass @dbCooper
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Maybe grubs. Milky spore will flush those out.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Swmbo loves her https://www.upliftdesk.com/uplift-v2-standing-desk-v2-or-v2-commercial/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyZ3f1-rs9wIVWRmtBh1wHwy6EAAYASAAEgK1U_D_BwE

I have to admit it’s pretty cool I just don’t ride a desk enough to have one.
    That's actually the one I'm looking at.  They make a four-post model that would alleviate my wobble concerns, but its $400 more ($300 with the "over $1K" coupon) and has twice the number of motors/geartrains to go bad...

I built my current desk in '83; it weighs more than I do (EDIT: well, it did) and does not wobble, at all.  And being retired, I can stand up and walk around any time I want to.  Hmm.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Playing catch-up,  can anyone guess where this was taken on Wednesday???

Yes, the tea was as insipid as it looks. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    Options

Thelma, Louise, Butch and Sundance all faced yawning chasms and we all watched teary eyed as Jack slipped away from Rose.  Well it’s that time, lads.  But we must celebrate what has been, reflect and then face the abyss together.  As much as ten barren weeks lay in front of us after Sunday.  The PL end state,  the as-is reaches its to-be - but it’s a last hurrah as the title plus a last relegation spot are still up for grabs, glory and desolation abound.  Strap in for one last ride of the merry-go-round, an astonishing eight of the ten matches have a genuine meaning too.  Remarkable. 

All games on Sunday at 16:00.

Arsenal v Everton, the hosts’ surge for CL qualification has slumped and only a win will give them a sniff of 4th, if Spurs lose.  The Toffees overhauled a two goal deficit to win against Palace last night (too soon, don’t ask) and have assured themselves of survival.  Home win 2-0

Brentford v Leeds, contrasting seasons; the home team are ebullient after a successful first season in the PL but could be staring at a potent for next season as Leeds are in the box seat for the plunge, suffering ‘Second Season Syndrome’.  Feisty one it will be. 0-1 but insufficient for Leeds to stay up, missing out by goal difference.

Brighton v West Ham, The Hammers need a win and for Palace to beat Man Utd to reach the Europa League - which is far better than their current Europa Conference (what ever the flippy-heck that is) status.  Seagulls on the beach, probably eating out of the bins - like they do. 0-2

Burnley v Newcastle, the muddle factor in the relegation story. Clarets have the goal difference advantage which means they need to equal Leeds’ result. Defat is down, draw or win is survival.  Toon have nothing to play and are instead planning what to do with their billions in the Summer. 1-0 and the hosts stay up.  

Chelsea v Watford, meaningless and futile. 2-0

Palace v Man Utd, Shambolic second half last night (too soon, don’t ask) for the mighty Eagles.  We have deep seated issues with Man Utd and would love, love, love the win this time.  Trouble is ‘typical Palace’ kicks in when we face a team with nothing to play for and are in disarray.  Atmosphere will be bouncing so despite all my sensibilities I am going for a home win. 2-0

Leicester v Southampton, meaningless and futile. 0-0

Liverpool v Wolves, Title decider #1, only a win will do for leg #3 of Big Jurgy’s quest for the quadruple.  They’ll win here but it will be points dropped earlier in the season that will deny their title. 3-0

Man City v Aston Villa, Title decider #2, Citeh need the win as a draw or defeats will invite the Reds to take it at the last.  An early goal will settle the nerves, unless it’s by Villa.  The blues have been serial chokers in Europe but not so in the PL. For my money title is their’s to lose. 2-0 sees it done.

Norwich v Spurs, the battle for 4th and unless a major bout of ‘Spursy’ occurs then the visitors can start booking trips to the upmarket parts of continental Europe next season.  The Canaries are sunk and abject, simply turning up because they are contractually obliged.  0-3 and Son make a last ditch raid on the Golden Boot, needing one to equal Salah.

So we bid adieu.  Please try to remember me and don’t be losing that loving feeling.  

Mark the 2nd June in your calendars though, as that’s Day 1 of England v New Zealand at Lord’s. 

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    It is pretty solid @Botch maybe @ColtsFan can chime in but I was surprised how solid it is. Also you can order the legs and make your own top, I think that’s cool
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Botch said:

Before the advent of the convertible desks capable of being set up in either configuration, I spent periods of  time in both a sitting position and in a standing position. When working from home became a thing, I bought a convertible desk for the home office along with a good office chair. I went with a non-motorized desk because I didn’t like the idea of it being equipped with a motor that would probably fail eventually. I’ve found that I tend to use the desk almost exclusively in the sitting position - maybe because my chair is too comfortable, but your post reminded me that I should really switch it up. 

It’ll only be worth it for you if you anticipate using both positions. 
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

The dislike has earnt you a clue.
    I had to wear a suit and tie, and it wasn't a Court appearance. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,983
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

All I know is that this week I learned that the Queen has eaten the same sandwich every day of her life, ostensibly one very tiny nibble at a time.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @CPFC1905

Is this one of Johnson’s “COVID ‘n crumpets” parties?
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 942
    Options
    "The dislike has earnt you a clue.
    I had to wear a suit and tie, and it wasn't a Court appearance"

So you can't spell earned better than yesterday's bagel (still in bed, I'll give you more points if today's bagel is smarter) but the tea was insipid, you had to wear a suit and tie,  but you weren't in court. Hmmm ... I'm thinking you're at a money launderers funeral for someone who can't spell simple words like earned, but knows more important tea-related terms like insipid, and can take pictures of tea, small wedges of cheese and small bunches of grapes (who CAN'T take good pictures of small bunches of grapes, really?) with just your left hand. 

Do I get a prize? If so I'd like to donate it to the Insipid Tea Club of America. They put the insipid tea out there, mostly for funerals for people who can't spell. It's written in their charter of insipidness.

Ybabpmuts 
  • Ybabpmuts
    edited May 2022
    Options
    All I know is that this week I learned that the Queen has eaten the same sandwich every day of her life, ostensibly one very tiny nibble at a time.
    It must be a magic sandwich. When I eat a sandwich, it slowly gets smaller and less heavy. I'm no queen, I mean .. I can wear bedazzled pumps and a tiara like anybody, but I'm guessing sandwich eating science is sandwich eating science and someone could own the most outrageous sceptor ever made, and my sandwich and  joe bag'o donuts sandwiches will act the same when eaten. If we were talking about a court mage, things would be different. Nobody knows this because it was lost to history mostly, but court mages were only there to keep sandwiches looking all unbitten by Queens, AS they ate them. For all their powers, it was the lowly sandwich they were there to conserve. Can you imagine?

Ybabpmuts 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    It is pretty solid @Botch maybe @ColtsFan can chime in but I was surprised how solid it is. Also you can order the legs and make your own top, I think that’s cool
    My Uplift at work is an L-shaped deck so it has a third leg (haha). It is very sturdy and built well. My cheap Amazon 2-post is pretty steady as well. And I whole heartedly agree with @GrateEggspectations; a quality chair makes all the difference. I use Secret Labs for both home and office.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,308
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

A wedding.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

A wedding.

if its a wedding, i would hope they werent serving tea....that would call for an early exit
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

A remarkable coincidence.....
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    @CPFC1905

Is this one of Johnson’s “COVID ‘n crumpets” parties?
    Nope.  No beer, pizza, wine, cheese of fines distributed. 
  • CPFC1905
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    "The dislike has earnt you a clue.
    I had to wear a suit and tie, and it wasn't a Court appearance"

So you can't spell earned better than yesterday's bagel (still in bed, I'll give you more points if today's bagel is smarter) but the tea was insipid, you had to wear a suit and tie,  but you weren't in court. Hmmm ... I'm thinking you're at a money launderers funeral for someone who can't spell simple words like earned, but knows more important tea-related terms like insipid, and can take pictures of tea, small wedges of cheese and small bunches of grapes (who CAN'T take good pictures of small bunches of grapes, really?) with just your left hand. 

Do I get a prize? If so I'd like to donate it to the Insipid Tea Club of America. They put the insipid tea out there, mostly for funerals for people who can't spell. It's written in their charter of insipidness.

Ybabpmuts 
    'Earned' ? Queen's English only dear boy, especially where I was. 
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Bird 2 is done
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Trying to beat the clock. 3 hours worth of work left to cram into 2 hours. Only daughters dance recital tonight. Daddy can’t be late
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    "Earned' ? Queen's English only dear boy, especially where I was". 

That explains the funny grapes

Ybabpmuts 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Botch said:

You're a tall dude and the big benefit of sit-stand for me is to get the desk adjusted so I can have my seat high and not get my legs trapped under the desk.

Ikea sit-stand desks are really good, totally stable. We have 6 at work. I just treat mine as a desk I can adjust, but others do actually use the stand function.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,087
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I like trivia and will take a shot... Windsor Castle?
    And if so, did the Queen invite you in for afternoon tea?  She did not when I visited there many years ago.  Her flag was flying, so I took offense personally.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA