Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Just now propping my feet up (9:30 pm)
    more like a culmination of what have I done today …

Day started off at 6:00 am ..girlfriend got me up for “activities “ before our day really started .
    7:40 left the house to go pick up 2 new bee hives. Got them settled 

Got some more paperwork to the accountant for legalized robbery I mean taxes … cough.. cough..

cut the grass (3 out of 5 acres) .. the other 2 is fenced in .. soon to be maintained by 2 boer goats.
    weedeated … which I loathe

planted some jalapeño plants. 

Got the 2 cattle dogs some new collars. They lost their old ones somewhere being goofballs 

went crappie fishing with my best friend for a couple of hours right at dusk (no luck)

Went to publix and got some breakfast food for tomorrow. Going to try the overnight oats everyone raving about .. 
    about to cook some venison burger and rice .. then take Duck Dog for a walk 
    i should probably push the walk until tomorrow but according all of the weather reports it’s going to start down pouring at 5am and rain until Wednesday….
    That’s so funny…. My partner also gets me up to fetch her newspaper and make her cappuccino upon waking!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Just now propping my feet up (9:30 pm)
    more like a culmination of what have I done today …

Day started off at 6:00 am ..girlfriend got me up for “activities “ before our day really started .
    7:40 left the house to go pick up 2 new bee hives. Got them settled 

Got some more paperwork to the accountant for legalized robbery I mean taxes … cough.. cough..

cut the grass (3 out of 5 acres) .. the other 2 is fenced in .. soon to be maintained by 2 boer goats.
    weedeated … which I loathe

planted some jalapeño plants. 

Got the 2 cattle dogs some new collars. They lost their old ones somewhere being goofballs 

went crappie fishing with my best friend for a couple of hours right at dusk (no luck)

Went to publix and got some breakfast food for tomorrow. Going to try the overnight oats everyone raving about .. 
    about to cook some venison burger and rice .. then take Duck Dog for a walk 
    i should probably push the walk until tomorrow but according all of the weather reports it’s going to start down pouring at 5am and rain until Wednesday….
    That’s so funny…. My partner also gets me up to fetch her newspaper and make her cappuccino upon waking!
    All four of mine wake me up so I can put them out to do their business.  Usually around 430am.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • MediumRarely
    Options
    One last (very) early morning excursion on Persuasion. Back at the dock @0700 hours & put her up on the lift. Some friends will be installing a new dash board while we are on hiatus. Way beyond my skill level since SWMBO requires it to be a flawless install.

A wahoo, a mahi, five black fin tunas and a road kill (bonita). All donated to the crew. They are loving it. Great boating send off for me.

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    One last (very) early morning excursion on Persuasion. Back at the dock @0700 hours & put her up on the lift. Some friends will be installing a new dash board while we are on hiatus. Way beyond my skill level since SWMBO requires it to be a flawless install.

A wahoo, a mahi, five black fin tunas and a road kill (bonita). All donated to the crew. They are loving it. Great boating send off for me.
    Spectacular way to end your getaway.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Getting over a little disappointment/inconvenience.  We are on spring break at a VRBO on Smith Mountain Lake in VA.  The gasser on the deck has a weber cover over it.  *takes cover off* A Charbroil is underneath with grates that are 1/8 inch too short to sit level on the lip intended for the grates to sit.  I will overcome.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    @kl8ton, anybody can do the easy ones.

My grandparents lived about an hour from Smith Mountain Lake and we would spend a couple of weeks at their place every summer for "vacation" (Up at 5 every morning to harvest and can vegetables with some free time to play in the afternoons after getting the work done).  Occasionally when the chores were done we would get a day at either Philpott (much closer) or Smith Mountain Lake.  It's a beautiful area.  Enjoy.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,772
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Getting over a little disappointment/inconvenience.  We are on spring break at a VRBO on Smith Mountain Lake in VA.  The gasser on the deck has a weber cover over it.  *takes cover off* A Charbroil is underneath with grates that are 1/8 inch too short to sit level on the lip intended for the grates to sit.  I will overcome.

i couldnt deal with that on vacation, i usually buy one of those disposable 20 dollar charcoal grills and leave it behind when i leave
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
     Had the tip of an eye of round, sous vide it then I started to play with fire.

Make leftovers fun again. I need to  work on my slicing 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Counting my money 💵 
    For the record it took about 5 seconds 🤦‍♂️

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SGH said:
    Counting my money 💵 
    Your buddy Joe must have been good to you.  I just sent in my taxes.  I don't even have any money left to count.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SGH said:
    Counting my money 💵 
    Your buddy Joe must have been good to you.  I just sent in my taxes.  I don't even have any money left to count.
    Mine was pocket change 😩

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    SGH said:
    Counting my money 💵 
    I’m confused: has the government been good to you when you expect a tax return, or is it the other way around?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2022
    Options
    SGH said:
    Counting my money 💵 
    I’m confused: has the government been good to you when you expect a tax return, or is it the other way around?  
    I am confused.  I send in my tax return to the government.  They do not send me a tax return.  Sometimes, if a person over pays they will get a tax refund.  I aim for "zero" both ways.

Due to an accountant problem, I missed by a wide margin.  We have since gotten a new accountant.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    Counting my money 💵 
    I am confused.  I send in my tax return to the government.  They do not send me a tax return.  Sometimes, if a person over pays they will get a tax refund.  I aim for "zero" both ways.
    I meant refund, and also aim for zero.  Glad we cleared that up.

Good talk.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SGH said:
    Counting my money 💵 
    I meant refund, and also aim for zero.  Glad we cleared that up.

Good talk.
    Government would love an interest free loan.  Same as me.  This year, with inflation being around 8% they would really have loved some of those high value early year dollars.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,392
    edited April 2022
    Options
    With the gubmint, I always aim to owe (and am successful) and under the penalty trip-wire.  Only crossed the wire 3 times but the $$ were small.  
    Edit:  I will send in the tax $$ late next week.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,772
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    With the gubmint, I always aim to owe (and am successful) and under the penalty trip-wire.  Only crossed the wire 3 times but the $$ were small.  
    Edit:  I will send in the tax $$ late next week.  

i got back a check for an even dollar one year, i kept it. was tempted to have them me reissue a new one
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,430
    Options
    Day one of second shift. Just finished my 12 hour hitch. Godspeed night crew
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    SGH said:
     I realize there are 3 types of people in the world 
    1. Has more dollars than sense. 

2. Has more sense than dollars. 

3. Has neither dollars nor sense. 

1. Doesn’t have RRP money.

2. Has RRP money.  

3. Only thinks he has RRP money.
    We all wish we had RRP money.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Got up.. checked my bee hives before the big storm front here ( not a good idea).
    Hung out with a buddy of mine for about 45 minutes 
    went to Jiu jitsu for an hour, got my tail whooped today.
    cleaned up my basement some.

overseeded my yard. Now about to batten down the hatches for the storm
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Got up.. checked my bee hives before the big storm front here ( not a good idea).
    Hung out with a buddy of mine for about 45 minutes 
    went to Jiu jitsu for an hour, got my tail whooped today.
    cleaned up my basement some.

overseeded my yard. Now about to batten down the hatches for the storm
    No adult activity today..hmmm
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Came down with a sudden fever and lost my wallet all in one whack. Cancelled the credit card but can’t do anything about debit card until bankers hours.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,661
    Options
    Came down with a sudden fever and lost my wallet all in one whack. Cancelled the credit card but can’t do anything about debit card until bankers hours.
     Hopefully it will turn up @Gulfcoastguy. We are out of state right now and swmbo lost hers yesterday, we retraced our stops and found it on the ground outside a little shop.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

That sucks man, sorry to hear that.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Already been to the two places that I went today. Neither says that they have seen it I canceled the debit card and put a lock on the credit card. Can’t find out if anyone has used the debit until bankers hours. The problem is that all ID and cards need to be replaced by noon next Wednesday. Don’t want to cancel the credit card until I have to as it is the card in my phone and also my credit card for charging the car.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Already been to the two places that I went today. Neither says that they have seen it I canceled the debit card and put a lock on the credit card. Can’t find out if anyone has used the debit until bankers hours. The problem is that all ID and cards need to be replaced by noon next Wednesday. Don’t want to cancel the credit card until I have to as it is the card in my phone and also my credit card for charging the car.
    Won't help now, but I use a Tile Tracker in my wallet.  I am horrible with losing things.  Using the Tile I found my wallet in a restaurant dumpster once.  The guy coming out to throw away trash was shocked as I popped out in slacks and a dress shirt (pre-covid attire).  He was even more shocked when I ripped open a bag of empty soda cups and food scraps and pulled my wallet out of the mess.