Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    Already been to the two places that I went today. Neither says that they have seen it I canceled the debit card and put a lock on the credit card. Can’t find out if anyone has used the debit until bankers hours. The problem is that all ID and cards need to be replaced by noon next Wednesday. Don’t want to cancel the credit card until I have to as it is the card in my phone and also my credit card for charging the car.
    Won't help now, but I use a Tile Tracker in my wallet.  I am horrible with losing things.  Using the Tile I found my wallet in a restaurant dumpster once.  The guy coming out to throw away trash was shocked as I popped out in slacks and a dress shirt (pre-covid attire).  He was even more shocked when I ripped open a bag of empty soda cups and food scraps and pulled my wallet out of the mess.
    The wallet is an rfid blocker model. At least the fever spike has calmed down. It will be difficult to go get a covid test without my insurance card including my car insurance card. Oh and they would have to take a personal check sans ID.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    @johnmitchell
    nope not today unfortunately. She stayed at her house to work and she was packing to get ready to spend a few days at her friend’s house.

the friend needs help with child care as her husband is about to have major surgery. They are anticipating him being hospitalized up to a week.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    Already been to the two places that I went today. Neither says that they have seen it I canceled the debit card and put a lock on the credit card. Can’t find out if anyone has used the debit until bankers hours. The problem is that all ID and cards need to be replaced by noon next Wednesday. Don’t want to cancel the credit card until I have to as it is the card in my phone and also my credit card for charging the car.
    Won't help now, but I use a Tile Tracker in my wallet.  I am horrible with losing things.  Using the Tile I found my wallet in a restaurant dumpster once.  The guy coming out to throw away trash was shocked as I popped out in slacks and a dress shirt (pre-covid attire).  He was even more shocked when I ripped open a bag of empty soda cups and food scraps and pulled my wallet out of the mess.
    The wallet is an rfid blocker model. At least the fever spike has calmed down. It will be difficult to go get a covid test without my insurance card including my car insurance card. Oh and they would have to take a personal check sans ID.
    I can overnight you a COVID test if you need one.  We can just buy them off the shelf in AZ.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    I’d never heard of this Tile Tracker thing.  I’m going to have to look into this (I also lose sh!t all the time).
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    I can overnight you a COVID test if you need one.  We can just buy them off the shelf in AZ.
    Thanks like I said I can handle that local. This hit while I was eating chicken at a Mexican restaurant. Almost makes we wonder if I was ruthied. The sweat is go but we will see in the morning. 
  • Already been to the two places that I went today. Neither says that they have seen it I canceled the debit card and put a lock on the credit card. Can’t find out if anyone has used the debit until bankers hours. The problem is that all ID and cards need to be replaced by noon next Wednesday. Don’t want to cancel the credit card until I have to as it is the card in my phone and also my credit card for charging the car.
    I’d never heard of this Tile Tracker thing.  I’m going to have to look into this (I also lose sh!t all the time).
    @JohnInCarolina @Ozzie_Isaac

I have a tile on my keys but thanks fully, have never had to use it. I may be jinxing myself here, but I seldom lose anything. My wife is very different in this regard. My secret is always putting things in a consistent place. Wallet in one of two places: back right pocket or in a designated drawer at home. Same for keys: front left pocket or on a designated hook at home. Etc. The only time I misplace things is when I make the decision to put things down where they don’t belong/where I wouldn’t expect them. Then I have absolutely no clue. For me, consistency is the answer. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,017

I have a tile on my keys but thanks fully, have never had to use it. I may be jinxing myself here, but I seldom lose anything. My wife is very different in this regard. My secret is always putting things in a consistent place. Wallet in one of two places: back right pocket or in a designated drawer at home. Same for keys: front left pocket or on a designated hook at home. Etc. The only time I misplace things is when I make the decision to put things down where they don’t belong/where I wouldn’t expect them. Then I have absolutely no clue. For me, consistency is the answer. 
    @JohnInCarolina you could always just check with any of the banned forum members to see if they have good info to share on the tile.  Maybe try @tarheelmatt, I think he was banned for some questionable video content.
    Not a felon
  • Legume said:

@JohnInCarolina you could always just check with any of the banned forum members to see if they have good info to share on the tile.  Maybe try @tarheelmatt, I think he was banned for some questionable video content.
    If you tile the forum members and they get banned, can you detect their troll accounts?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:

@JohnInCarolina you could always just check with any of the banned forum members to see if they have good info to share on the tile.  
    This is an excellent point.  I bet @MahvajIzichi knows all about wallet tiles.  
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,796
    Preparing to leave Solitude later this week for a couple of Months. Last minute preparations for some of our favorite things.

Our Carrie Mangos are flowering and fruit is starting to form.

Next round of bananas (bacuba - our favorites) just poking their little purple pod up.

We should be harvesting goodies shortly after our return.

When I was a wee lad in India, the mangoes on the the school trees weren't quite ready when the semester ended in May. Didn't matter. We got pretty good at slinging rocks to drop the raw ones. Still tasted delicious =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    caliking said:
    Getting ready for the party.  Looking forward to kicking back and relaxing.

Fvck.

If I didn't have your progress reports of the build to follow, I'd have a hard time believing this was a residential deal. Farkin' superb.

Wishing you, and yours, many many hours/years of enjoyment in that space. 
    Thank you for the kind words.  Our goal for the space was boutique resort.  We are extremely happy with the outcome and really blessed by the way things fell into place for the build.

If you ever head to Southern AZ, bring the family over, check it out, and relax for a while.

• caliking said:
    Preparing to leave Solitude later this week for a couple of Months. Last minute preparations for some of our favorite things.

Our Carrie Mangos are flowering and fruit is starting to form.

Next round of bananas (bacuba - our favorites) just poking their little purple pod up.

We should be harvesting goodies shortly after our return.

When I was a wee lad in India, the mangoes on the the school trees weren't quite ready when the semester ended in May. Didn't matter. We got pretty good at slinging rocks to drop the raw ones. Still tasted delicious =)

My slinging days are pretty much over, but we do use fruit pickers on a pole tool to get up to around 35'.  Here, mangoes typically are ready to harvest starting in late June thru early September. Mango Melee on St. Croix is in mid-July. As I am sure you know, there are a small number of trees that have their own schedule - one of the "wild" ones that my wife has found (and now considers it to be her own) is usually ready a few months after high season. This is great for her.

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Feeling the burn of long days. Many more to come. The 13 hour days wouldn’t be bad if there weren’t dad activities post work like baseball and dancing classes. Such is life
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,945

If I might distract you momentarily from the cricket County Championship that got underway yesterday we still have the exciting end of the PL season to consume.   And I shall make only a handful of references to Palace’s thumping of Arsenal last week as we go.

Tonight 

Newcastle v Wolves, the Toon’s rise to safety has stalled and is not yet assured.  Wolves are in better nick since the mighty Eagles thumped them too,  like they did Arsenal last week.  1-2

Saturday

Everton v Man Utd, the Toffees are super wobbly under Super Frank - especially when they got thumped by Palace, like Arsenal did…..  OK enough of that.  Two epitomes of dysfunction and more gloom for the home side.  0-2.  Marvellous.

Arsenal v Brighton, did I mention The Gunners’ last result.  The filthy Seagulls remain in rotten form.  A rebound 3-0 would make my day.

Southampton v Chelsea, only one story here, that’s the Blues recent attack of the yips.  Two consecutive defeats and conceding 7 this last week.  A blip or a schism?  I have no idea but I reckon they’ll have enough to see off a ‘nothing in it for us’ Saints. 0-2

Watford v Leeds, like a pair of Daisy Duke’s, it’s tight at the bottom.  Home win really puts the squeeze on, away win takes Leeds to touching distance of safety.  A tetchy affair because the draw helps no-one. 1-0, I hope - despite it being the rotten Hornets.

Aston Villa v Spurs, the hosts have dropped off the pace with 3 defeats while Spurs are the mirror image, enjoying the upswing of being Spursy right now.  Son is on fire and that tips it to an away win 0-2  

Sunday

Brentford v West Ham, the home team have their dander up after being Chelsea and the visitors played another match in their interminable European campaign mid-week.  No shock home win, despite the respective league positions. 2-1

Leicester v Palace, 9th v 10th and top half bragging rights up for grabs.   The Foxes also payed mid-week in Europe and its around this time of season that fatigue and injuries stack up,  luckily for Palace one of those is the talismanic screaming scrotum Jamie Vardy.  Form says away win, superstition says draw at best. Ahh, whatever 0-1

Norwich v Burnley,  oooh relegation humdinger. The Clarets beat Everton midweek to elevate pressure all around,  this should be a routine win again and Super Frank’s Toffees are the primary victims in all of that. Burnley standard 0-1

Man City v Liverpool, oh yeah - just the title (possible) decider to round things off.  Big Jurgy’s Reds are in tremendous form and applying a lot of heat to City.  An away win see Liverpool go top with 7 to play and a once in life time ‘Quadruple’ becomes palpable.  They’ll go at each other hammer and tongs which screams 2-2

Ok, you can go back to Day 2 of round one in the county championship now.  Sussex are on 314-6 which is better than I feared with their refreshed squad averaging 21 years of age.  I am sure you’ll agree? 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    CPFC1905 said:

Ok, you can go back to Day 2 of round one in the county championship now.  Sussex are on 314-6 which is better than I feared with their refreshed squad averaging 21 years of age.  I am sure you’ll agree? 

I will say that “talismanic screaming scrotum” conjured up all sorts of images I wasn’t fully prepared for on a Friday.  So, thank you for that, I guess? 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,945
    CPFC1905 said:

I will say that “talismanic screaming scrotum” conjured up all sorts of images I wasn’t fully prepared for on a Friday.  So, thank you for that, I guess? 
    We aim to please.  You’re welcome. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,017
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Count that as a win, he read at least 2/3 of it.
    Not a felon
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I mean - it's a pretty accurate description for Vardy.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    CPFC1905 said:

I wonder if we will see a batsman inversion again?

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,200
    Might be June before we see grass here. 3 storms 3 Wednesday's in a row. Easily still 3'+ of snow on the lawn. Wasn't a flake in sight last year at this time. Power is still out to a lot of people around here
  • poster said:
    Might be June before we see grass here. 3 storms 3 Wednesday's in a row. Easily still 3'+ of snow on the lawn. Wasn't a flake in sight last year at this time. Power is still out to a lot of people around here
    Wow. Where are you located? I can’t see on mobile and I don’t know whether it’s displayed in your profile, which I can’t access. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,009
    CPFC1905 said:

If I might distract you momentarily from the cricket County Championship that got underway yesterday we still have the exciting end of the PL season to consume.   And I shall make only a handful of references to Palace’s thumping of Arsenal last week as we go.

Tonight 

Newcastle v Wolves, the Toon’s rise to safety has stalled and is not yet assured.  Wolves are in better nick since the mighty Eagles thumped them too,  like they did Arsenal last week.  1-2

Saturday

Everton v Man Utd, the Toffees are super wobbly under Super Frank - especially when they got thumped by Palace, like Arsenal did…..  OK enough of that.  Two epitomes of dysfunction and more gloom for the home side.  0-2.  Marvellous.

Arsenal v Brighton, did I mention The Gunners’ last result.  The filthy Seagulls remain in rotten form.  A rebound 3-0 would make my day.

Southampton v Chelsea, only one story here, that’s the Blues recent attack of the yips.  Two consecutive defeats and conceding 7 this last week.  A blip or a schism?  I have no idea but I reckon they’ll have enough to see off a ‘nothing in it for us’ Saints. 0-2

Watford v Leeds, like a pair of Daisy Duke’s, it’s tight at the bottom.  Home win really puts the squeeze on, away win takes Leeds to touching distance of safety.  A tetchy affair because the draw helps no-one. 1-0, I hope - despite it being the rotten Hornets.

Aston Villa v Spurs, the hosts have dropped off the pace with 3 defeats while Spurs are the mirror image, enjoying the upswing of being Spursy right now.  Son is on fire and that tips it to an away win 0-2  

Sunday

Brentford v West Ham, the home team have their dander up after being Chelsea and the visitors played another match in their interminable European campaign mid-week.  No shock home win, despite the respective league positions. 2-1

Leicester v Palace, 9th v 10th and top half bragging rights up for grabs.   The Foxes also payed mid-week in Europe and its around this time of season that fatigue and injuries stack up,  luckily for Palace one of those is the talismanic screaming scrotum Jamie Vardy.  Form says away win, superstition says draw at best. Ahh, whatever 0-1

Norwich v Burnley,  oooh relegation humdinger. The Clarets beat Everton midweek to elevate pressure all around,  this should be a routine win again and Super Frank’s Toffees are the primary victims in all of that. Burnley standard 0-1

Man City v Liverpool, oh yeah - just the title (possible) decider to round things off.  Big Jurgy’s Reds are in tremendous form and applying a lot of heat to City.  An away win see Liverpool go top with 7 to play and a once in life time ‘Quadruple’ becomes palpable.  They’ll go at each other hammer and tongs which screams 2-2

Thank you for that as always.  Work has been very busy so I don't really have time to dig into it too deeply, I just wanted to quote it here so everyone can enjoy this glorious post once again.

Although I will say that it is interesting that @JohnInCarolina latched on to the image of Jamie Vardy whereas I am finding myself thinking about Daisy Duke's.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Reminds me of a washroom sign…We aim to please. Will you aim too, please
    canuckland