Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    HeavyG said:
    SGH said:
    Just took the Shringrix vaccination 👍

Cool. Now "they" can track you wherever you go.
    They don’t track poor people. Only the vulgar rich.  With that said, Ron and a few others are being watched like a hawk.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,322
    SGH said:
    HeavyG said:
    SGH said:
    Just took the Shringrix vaccination 👍

Cool. Now "they" can track you wherever you go.
    They don’t track poor people. Only the vulgar rich.  With that said, Ron and a few others are being watched like a hawk.  
    @SGH
    It's not just hawks, every "bird" is spying on every American.  Birds Aren't Real!

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Wondering where the mobile version of the forum ran off to
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    Cleaned and washed my one year old car. Found a crack in the door upholstery.🤢
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Finished installing the cab and top.  Everything is glued and screwed.  Not the best seam on that bullnose, but next time around I will use a track saw I just got a diamond blade for.
    I smushed the top of my new drill press with the forklift like an idiot.  So fixing that….
    Fired up the radial arm saw my buddy gave me.  Motor runs great.  These are fairly useless but it is a Delta and it has some value for dados.  Do not rip with these or you can shoot a board through a wall.
    Finally parked my 12” radial arm saw. There were several times i heard and felt a bang, and literally stopped to count my fingers.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    I had to bust out the 3/4” drive set today which I seem to loan out more than I use.  
    @nolaegghead I stand by my claim that you are a modern version of a rennessaince man.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• nolaegghead
    @nolaegghead I stand by my claim that you are a modern version of a rennessaince man.
    Lol!  I think that implies that I have some actual skill…I mainly dabble across many disciplines.  We’ll….I was a pretty bad-ass coder back in the day but I’m on the downhill slope…getting old sucks!
    I’ve been trying to get rid of this boat that my utility pole smashed during hurricane Ida.  Finally a guy actually came out to get it tonight…. With this tiny unibody pickup truck.  

“Maybe we can put it on the roof?”

dude…it’s only a 14 foot boat but it weighs about half a ton it will total your truck.

He’s coming by tomorrow with a trailer.
    Fired up the radial arm saw my buddy gave me.  Motor runs great.  These are fairly useless but it is a Delta and it has some value for dados.  Do not rip with these or you can shoot a board through a wall.
    Good for rough cutting to length?

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    Haven't updated what @kl8ton called "Paying a lot of money for a project that you can't tell we did after completion - how I do it" since Feb 16. Enough time to see @Ozzie_Isaac finish his epic backyard upgrade. 

The parts for the second Delta Shower handle finally came in and the plumber came in and made another hole in the drywall. 
    He wanted to know what function the holder above the new valve provided.

Showed him:

I sit on the bench seat and run both heads at the same time, adjustable spray on sore muscles and rain head on face/head. Relaxes and soothes at the same time after I abuse older muscles doing projects or maintenance work.

Anyway, the drywall was a real mess after we removed the 4 x 4 mirror. Much of the paint and paper was removed to get rid of the mildew that formed when the water travelled thru the drywall (not green board) and the paint.

I taped and mudded over all to those places:

Yes it is a mess which I have to smooth with a drywall sander and vacuum. I will let it be for a bit longer to make sure it is completely dry before I start. 

The lights were on a switched outlet so I removed them and protected the bare wires with merretts and electrical tape.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    @SamIAm2
    I have my own version of this going on.  I run a campground.  Somehow the winterization of the bathhouse/laundry room did not take.  Water filled the lines over the winter (failed shutoff valve underground).  Everything froze and broke.  All copper lines in cinder block walls.  Plumbers spent 2 days chasing leaks, but in the end, it is a total re-plumb that insurance is covering.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    kl8ton said:
    @SamIAm2
    I have my own version of this going on.  I run a campground.  Somehow the winterization of the bathhouse/laundry room did not take.  Water filled the lines over the winter (failed shutoff valve underground).  Everything froze and broke.  All copper lines in cinder block walls.  Plumbers spent 2 days chasing leaks, but in the end, it is a total re-plumb that insurance is covering.

town replaced all the street valves a few years back, we got a faulty setup. what a mess. when they replaced it they wouldnt put in a stop and waste, the water line to the maine beach house is only 6 inches down and would have froze again. late night project and we put a second stop and waste valve to drain the line.  im betting a third of the seasonal homes put in new lines. now we dig up two valves to shut the water off in the fall
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    On Stanford’s campus

This guy looks shady, I dunno

can we just show up at 4 for the refreshments
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    On Stanford’s campus

This guy looks shady, I dunno

can we just show up at 4 for the refreshments
    Sure!   It’s actually open to the public.  And I bet they’ll be serving something a little better than rice-a-roni sandwiches on white, with ketchup?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    SamIAm2 said:
    Haven't updated what @kl8ton called "Paying a lot of money for a project that you can't tell we did after completion - how I do it" since Feb 16. Enough time to see @Ozzie_Isaac finish his epic backyard upgrade. 

The parts for the second Delta Shower handle finally came in and the plumber came in and made another hole in the drywall. 
    He wanted to know what function the holder above the new valve provided.

Showed him:

I sit on the bench seat and run both heads at the same time, adjustable spray on sore muscles and rain head on face/head. Relaxes and soothes at the same time after I abuse older muscles doing projects or maintenance work.

Anyway, the drywall was a real mess after we removed the 4 x 4 mirror. Much of the paint and paper was removed to get rid of the mildew that formed when the water travelled thru the drywall (not green board) and the paint.

I taped and mudded over all to those places:

Yes it is a mess which I have to smooth with a drywall sander and vacuum. I will let it be for a bit longer to make sure it is completely dry before I start. 

The lights were on a switched outlet so I removed them and protected the bare wires with merretts and electrical tape.
    Very nice shower! 

I hate when I pull off backsplash, base molding, mirrors, etc and the installer dumped an entire tube of liquid nails between it and the wall.  It just takes a little dab!
    Kayak said:
    Good for rough cutting to length?
    Yeah, it's good as a miter saw....a bit more capacity than a sliding miter/chop saw.  But harder to change the angle if you're not cutting 90s. 

These were all the rage back in the 90s.  I bought one new back then and it came with shaper blades.  Not having a death wish, I never used them.  Sold the saw to a guy who said he makes shipping boxes.

I'm using my Festool MFT (multi function table) with the miter rig to do that kind of cuts, with a track saw.  Super accurate and safe.

Festool MFT3 Work Bench with Tom Gensmer - YouTube

@nolaegghead - Thanks for your kind words. Here are a couple shots you may not have seen earlier. This was taken just after first valve was replaced.

Taken before the second valve was replaced to show the bench work.

How the bench seat was constructed: 3 levels of concrete block. Each level filled with broken bricks and filled with concrete. 

New tray shower drain and Travertine marble entrance step. Drain was a 4" square in the middle of the shower before.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
     @fishlessman - at least I knew this work would be coming and had funding in place to cover costs. Dealing with your issue in winter would not be something I would want to face. And then having to dig things up just to turn off/on the valves has to be an unpleasant reminder. 

@kl8ton - even though insurance is covering the repairs it is still stressful. Glad they got all the leaks fixed for you. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    SamIAm2 said:
     @fishlessman - at least I knew this work would be coming and had funding in place to cover costs. Dealing with your issue in winter would not be something I would want to face. And then having to dig things up just to turn off/on the valves has to be an unpleasant reminder. 

@kl8ton - even though insurance is covering the repairs it is still stressful. Glad they got all the leaks fixed for you. 
    They have yet to pressure test.  Fingers crossed.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    SamIAm2 said:

theres always a problem with the pipes up there in the spring, we just roll with it and fix it. the valve we just put in is 4 feet under ground but we added a stainless pipe that comes op 6 inches from the surface. made a long T-handle wrench to shut it off
    fukahwee maine

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,592
    SamIAm2 said:

Wowsers ... wouldn't it have been cheaper and easier to just put in a sheet of new drywall?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • nolaegghead
    I’m a proponent of encapsulation of mold
    @Mark_B_Good - easier is relative term. Hauling two full sheets of drywall in a van is not my idea of fun. Removing the moldy paint, the dried mud, and paper underneath the paint pretty much got rid of the mold/mildew. Since I already had a tub of mud and the tools, it was easier and cheaper for me.

I have, or can borrow, the tools to remove the excess dried mud and to apply the orange peel texture after that. Then I can repaint, reinstall the baseboard I created when we did the original renovation, and put back the cabinets and countertops that are stored in closets, part of the master bedroom, and the dining room.   
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,200
    @poster yikes!  The winter just won't give up the ghost.  Good luck, stay dry and warm.

The worst missed us, but its another couple days of off/on power. Amazing how it sticks to the wires