Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Those of you that have a solo stove which size did you get? The bonfire or Yukon? I'm going to purchase something soon and I'm debating between these, the breeo 24 or maybe a big cast iron monstrosity from academy. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Fixed the drill press I smashed like an idiot with the forklift….
    Options
    The before
    “Treasured auger collection”

Lol
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,880
    Options

Bunnies, chocolate, long weekend - it can only mean one thing.  FA Cup semi-finals. This time around the usual habitués are accompanied by our very own Crystal Palace.  I shall not enjoy our brief moment in the limelight on Sunday because; 1) we’ll inevitably lose, and, 2) if we don’t then the people will discover my team and they won’t be proper fans like me.  They are my precious and I no likey the sharing.

Elsewhere the PL stumbles forward. My predictions last week would have yielded suspense and peril but to no great surpirse I was marginally off-beam to the tune of 180 degrees.  

Saturday; 

FA Cup semi-final Man City v Liverpool.  Big Jurgy is on the quadruple hunt, still.  Nothing between them last time out, expect more of the same and a penalty shoot-out beckons.  I am going Red by a nose with a theoretical 0-1 during the sudden death phase.

PL;

Spurs v Brighton.  Just what were the Arsenal thinking last week letting those filthy Seagulls score twice?  Better luck this time in North London as Spurs restore cosmic order 2-0

Man Utd v Norwich.  Even Ralf’s misfits should find a way against rock bottom Canaries although the visitors ignited a faint glimmer of hope by beating Burnley last week. An away win would be fun but 3-0 and the trap door is ajar for Norwich. 

Southampton v Arsenal. Saints are on the beach already so the Gunners have to make all the running.  Two defeats has impaired their European aspirations so this is a must-win for them. They’ll make it hard for themselves but will succeed 1-2

Watford v Brentford.  PL survival is assured for the Bees by a win and what a great chance to do it against the rotten Hornets who have been wrteched at home all season. 0-1 Yay!

Sunday;

FA Cup semi-final Chelsea v Crystal Palace. The Blues might have wobbled and been dumped out Europe this week but their strength in depth is just too great.  I think we can score but I don’t think we can hold a lead, nor score more than them. 2-1

Newcastle v Leicester. The Foxes have bigger fish to fry after success in Europe this week and Toon need a win to affirm PL status for next season.  A fun-free 1-0 that no-one will enjoy, care about or remember.

West Ham v Burnley. Clash of the Clarets. Hammers are buoyant after a big win mid-week in Europe and the visitors are desperate for points. I reckon they’ll find a way 0-1.

There’s a bunch more fixtures after Monday, but you know TL:DR already.

And don’t even ask me about the cricket.  Sussex : omnishmables. More than under the pump already with Derbyshire at 327-2 at the end of Day 1.   But you knew that, didn’t you? 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    I feel your pain,  the amount of times I hit the drill press with my forklift, too. It's like when I backed the scissor lift in to my spare English wheel.  And that time I inadvertently parked my LCAC hovercraft on the wife's treasured auger collection.  
    But - you know, these things happen up and down the country every day.  Don't be hard on yourself. 

Also, I meant to ask a while back, is your shop in a depression of the flat Earth's surface? Will one day literally everything in the world end up there by force of gravity? 
    If you feel the need to part with that English wheel .....
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,880
    Options
    Eoin said:

If you feel the need to part with that English wheel .....
    I keep it with my scotch mist, platted fog and striped paint  :D 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,503
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Waiting to be discharged from the hospital, the most time consuming process of your visit. They tell you in the morning but don't release you until later in the afternoon, ca-ching.
    Duh, there for lunch….they bill you for a day. Just like the school system 
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,379
    Options
    Lunch is here I should be going home soon
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,441
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018

I have the bonfire.  I take it camping and it is used in my backyard.  If I was just going to keep it in my backyard, I would get the bigger one - I think it is the Yukon you speak of.  Now with that said, the Yukon, like an XL or XXL or 2XL BGE will require more fuel.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,648
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    @TEXASBGE2018

I have the bonfire.  I take it camping and it is used in my backyard.  If I was just going to keep it in my backyard, I would get the bigger one - I think it is the Yukon you speak of.  Now with that said, the Yukon, like an XL or XXL or 2XL BGE will require more fuel.
    Bonfire as well.  Yukon isn’t as big now as it used to be, I think they dropped it from 30” to 27”
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,902
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Bunnies, chocolate, long weekend - it can only mean one thing.  FA Cup semi-finals. This time around the usual habitués are accompanied by our very own Crystal Palace.  I shall not enjoy our brief moment in the limelight on Sunday because; 1) we’ll inevitably lose, and, 2) if we don’t then the people will discover my team and they won’t be proper fans like me.  They are my precious and I no likey the sharing.

Elsewhere the PL stumbles forward. My predictions last week would have yielded suspense and peril but to no great surpirse I was marginally off-beam to the tune of 180 degrees.  

Saturday; 

FA Cup semi-final Man City v Liverpool.  Big Jurgy is on the quadruple hunt, still.  Nothing between them last time out, expect more of the same and a penalty shoot-out beckons.  I am going Red by a nose with a theoretical 0-1 during the sudden death phase.

PL;

Spurs v Brighton.  Just what were the Arsenal thinking last week letting those filthy Seagulls score twice?  Better luck this time in North London as Spurs restore cosmic order 2-0

Man Utd v Norwich.  Even Ralf’s misfits should find a way against rock bottom Canaries although the visitors ignited a faint glimmer of hope by beating Burnley last week. An away win would be fun but 3-0 and the trap door is ajar for Norwich. 

Southampton v Arsenal. Saints are on the beach already so the Gunners have to make all the running.  Two defeats has impaired their European aspirations so this is a must-win for them. They’ll make it hard for themselves but will succeed 1-2

Watford v Brentford.  PL survival is assured for the Bees by a win and what a great chance to do it against the rotten Hornets who have been wrteched at home all season. 0-1 Yay!

Sunday;

FA Cup semi-final Chelsea v Crystal Palace. The Blues might have wobbled and been dumped out Europe this week but their strength in depth is just too great.  I think we can score but I don’t think we can hold a lead, nor score more than them. 2-1

Newcastle v Leicester. The Foxes have bigger fish to fry after success in Europe this week and Toon need a win to affirm PL status for next season.  A fun-free 1-0 that no-one will enjoy, care about or remember.

West Ham v Burnley. Clash of the Clarets. Hammers are buoyant after a big win mid-week in Europe and the visitors are desperate for points. I reckon they’ll find a way 0-1.

There’s a bunch more fixtures after Monday, but you know TL:DR already.

And don’t even ask me about the cricket.  Sussex : omnishmables. More than under the pump already with Derbyshire at 327-2 at the end of Day 1.   But you knew that, didn’t you? 

Brilliant forecasting as always.  Thank you.  

Man U will likely win because the game is essentially meaningless to them and that's when they do best.

In fact, all of your predictions are spot-on - JUST LIKE THEY WERE LAST WEEK.   :smiley:

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,902
    Options
    Legume said:
    kl8ton said:
    @TEXASBGE2018

Bonfire as well.  Yukon isn’t as big now as it used to be, I think they dropped it from 30” to 27”
    We have the Yukon.  It can indeed go through some fuel in a relative hurry.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,260
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Legume said:
    kl8ton said:
    @TEXASBGE2018

Will gas prices today, these bigger SUVs definitely rack up the bills.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,631
    Options

Foghorn said:
    Legume said:
    kl8ton said:
    @TEXASBGE2018

Will gas prices today, these bigger SUVs definitely rack up the bills.

Fuel consumption requires driving.  Could be a trophy driveway or garage queen.  IDK- B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,125
    Options
    Legume said:
    kl8ton said:
    @TEXASBGE2018

Well what’s an extra three inches, amirite?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,385
    Options
    Legume said:
    kl8ton said:
    @TEXASBGE2018

Well what’s an extra three inches, amirite?
    Extra?
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,385
    Options
    Grilling some burgers, listening to some music and drinking some cocktails with Mrs. BattleBorn. Big week ahead as I get my first trainee. Should be an interesting experience. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,631
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Grilling some burgers, listening to some music and drinking some cocktails with Mrs. BattleBorn. Big week ahead as I get my first trainee. Should be an interesting experience. 
    While not even close to your environment, I was the main proponent of "Training is King, production is Queen."  As you know, the foundation is the way to achieve the best from your team.  
    Again congrats on being at the level where your skills across the board are seen as those to imbue your mentees with a solid foundation.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Put the new back window in.  Sucked.  Next time I might just pay the extra $200 for installation.
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    I feel your pain,  the amount of times I hit the drill press with my forklift, too. It's like when I backed the scissor lift in to my spare English wheel.  And that time I inadvertently parked my LCAC hovercraft on the wife's treasured auger collection.  
    But - you know, these things happen up and down the country every day.  Don't be hard on yourself. 

Also, I meant to ask a while back, is your shop in a depression of the flat Earth's surface? Will one day literally everything in the world end up there by force of gravity? 
    I appreciate the gracious empathy for my plight.  Those of us third world outback penal colonists who toil moving proverbial and literal heavy loads
    by whatever means necessary haven't had the throne time to streamline operations that other, more civilized, and proper historic societies have solved eons ago. 

Problem solvers you are.  Tired of indigenous cuisine?  No problem, just colonize somewhere like India. But having to read menus in Bengali is a major drag.  Force them to all speak English - problem solved! 

Insofar as the gravitational veracity of my shop's geographical position, it sure seems like it. But I think there are a few chapters in the DSM that explain it better than Newtonian physics.
    Options
    In Sevierville Tennessee for a family wedding. My niece is marrying a sheriffs deputy. Big improvement over her previous husband. Much better for her son also. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,128
    Options
    Put the new back window in.  Sucked.  Next time I might just pay the extra $200 for installation.
    Did you install that by yourself?  Impressive feat, more so if done single-handedly.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Did you install that by yourself?  Impressive feat, more so if done single-handedly.
    Yes, but my buddy helped.  I put a windshield in maybe 38 years ago otherwise this is my first other than door windows that are more a mechanical thing….
    Options
    At the car dealer picking up a car we ordered back in Oct.  I hate dealerships. SWMBO’s ride, not mine.  I don’t do new cars.