Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,978
    dbCooper said:
    Drove out to Nederland today, staying the night at a AirBnB in the suburbs.  Tomorrow headed to Estes Park, via Peak to Peak Scenic Byway, to play in RMNP for a few days.

Have you been there before?  RMNP is incredible.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,322
    dbCooper said:
    Drove out to Nederland today, staying the night at a AirBnB in the suburbs.  Tomorrow headed to Estes Park, via Peak to Peak Scenic Byway, to play in RMNP for a few days.

Have you been there before?  RMNP is incredible.

Bunches of times, first time was 16 and buddies parents were out of town.  We took their new '79 Caprice w/o permission, speedometer cable disconnected so the odo wouldn't advance.
    Totally agree with it being incredible.  It's about a seven hour drive, so try to get there once a year.  This time of year the upper reaches are not accessible, but still worth it.
    One highlight, in my twenties three of us summited Longs Peak.  It's a hike, not a climb, that I enjoy bragging on about.  🙂
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Enjoying a sunset while cooking spaghetti outside.

Just as I hoped (and imagined) for you. Beautiful. There certainly is something special about sunsets and our place called home.

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• CP92
    CP92 Posts: 350
    Very first cook and only second fire in the new woodfired oven.  Definitely have some learning, but overall was a ton of fun and am hooked.  Youtube is not much help for "non-pizza" cooks so I am enjoying the exploration this is offering.  (Carry over was about 15 degree, planned on 12.  Pulled off a few degrees late also.  Got caught drinking and playing with the dogs in the pool).

Maybe go bone up next time to protect that deckle?
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    CP92 said:
    Very first cook and only second fire in the new woodfired oven.  Definitely have some learning, but overall was a ton of fun and am hooked.  Youtube is not much help for "non-pizza" cooks so I am enjoying the exploration this is offering.  (Carry over was about 15 degree, planned on 12.  Pulled off a few degrees late also.  Got caught drinking and playing with the dogs in the pool).

Maybe go bone up next time to protect that deckle?
    Bone up might work better, I also think not having active flames roaring over the top would help too.  I was also slow to put aluminum foil over it. .A lot of mistakes were made.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,592
    Enjoying a sunset while cooking spaghetti outside.

I don't like you right now ... we have snow!
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    wrapped up the taxes, finally
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,592
    Taxes ... eeeewwwwww.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • fishlessman

checking my bank account this morning and like magic....the money is gone
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486

You have more faith than me with the gubmint.  I don't let them in the accounts.  I'm sure they could get there but the thought of a conduit is not something I am willing to entertain.  Besides the payment clearing house for the IRS in this area is 17 miles away in downtown Louisville.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:

You have more faith than me with the gubmint.  I don't let them in the accounts.  I'm sure they could get there but the thought of a conduit is not something I am willing to entertain.  Besides the payment clearing house for the IRS in this area is 17 miles away in downtown Louisville.  

i keep a separate account for just doing balance transfers. 3 checking and one saving accounts for personal accounts  then use a separate bank for business purposes
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,064
    Agree with @lousubcap
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Agree with @lousubcap

when the irs comes in, everything gets tagged, even the dog
    fukahwee maine

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    Got busy today sanding the drywall mudding mess I made fixing the drywall on the backside of the shower repair after the Cast Iron replacement work. Before:
    Openings: Removal of sink.
    Installing first new shower valve

Didn't get a photo of the opening for the second shower head before I repaired it. The opening was in the left corner of the first photo, just above the seam between both drywall sheets

The mudding mess I left drying before removing those lights.

What the walls looks like after sanding. My egging neighbor had a drywall sanding tool that uses heavy mesh pads with an attachment for a vacuum to remove the dust. Only used two of the screen pads and three vacuum filters on my bucket head vacuum to do the job.

You can just see the outline of the square for the drywall repair for the second shower head installation in the next photo.

Wall is flat and smooth. It isn't perfect but this will be covered with Orange Peel texture after I protect the ceiling with paper from a large roll held up between two layers of wide painters tape. Then I get to paint it all. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @SamIAm2 looking good!  A lot of work, but soon to be done.  Bet you are excited.

• Just spotted a neighbour suntanning shirtless. It is about 45F here. 😂
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    Just spotted a neighbour suntanning shirtless. It is about 45F here. 😂
    Did your wife catch you? 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 846
    edited April 2022
    I’ve grilled once in the last month, busy teaching and prepping field research. Today was my favorite day in our vehicle systems engineering class, introduce the final lab which is connecting 4 trainers ( simple controllers with CANBUS that drive motors and actuators) all together. They daisy chain to control all the functions on the neighboring trainers with some additional global E-stop functions.  Requires a lot of team communication that some groups start with and others take 2 weeks to figure out.  Also entertaining when things don’t work, but they always get there by the end of the semester. 
  • WeberWho said:
    Did your wife catch you? 
    The sunbathing neighbour was (unfortunately for me) a male - and I swear I wasn’t ogling or anything, so that would have been an awkward conversation. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    WeberWho said:
    Did your wife catch you? 
    The sunbathing neighbour was (unfortunately for me) a male - and I swear I wasn’t ogling or anything, so that would have been an awkward conversation. 
    Haha. I was just messing with you. I had a pretty safe assumption that it wasn't a female....

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    Gotta get up at 430am because I'm a good son in law. 

MIL had shoulder replacement.  Her friend came to town to care for her post OP. 

MIL Friend is taking train home.  I'm bringing her to train station. 

I put on my calendar: 

Bring Evie to train station- not Yellowstone train station. 

I crack myself up.  I'll be here all night folks.  . . 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,735
    Obsessively watching sourdough and pizza videos. Finally have time to play with more time intensive cooking projects and have really been enjoying it. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    working afternoons/nights for the first time in 16 years. Hard to stop that internal 3am alarm clock. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:
    Gotta get up at 430am because I'm a good son in law. 

MIL had shoulder replacement.  Her friend came to town to care for her post OP. 

MIL Friend is taking train home.  I'm bringing her to train station. 

I put on my calendar: 

Bring Evie to train station- not Yellowstone train station. 

I crack myself up.  I'll be here all night folks.  . . 
    Lol.  I like your style.