Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @Ozzie_Isaac - definitely "Go big or go home" at play with that spa.  Great view as well.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - definitely "Go big or go home" at play with that spa.  Great view as well.  
    I jest, it is a pool, but being raised makes it look like a giant spa.  There will be backfill and stone work coming, but for now I have a spa for 100 of my closest friends.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    lkapigian said:
    Found Pork butt @ .99 lb , so looks like 20 pounds of Chipotle Snack Sticks and Sausage on the way 

I missed out on the sale they was having here but still not to bad. Looks like 20 pounds of stuffed rectum is just around the corner 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    lkapigian said:
    Found Pork butt @ .99 lb , so looks like 20 pounds of Chipotle Snack Sticks and Sausage on the way 

It would be shame if some of that did not make it into carnitas.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    edited December 2021
    lkapigian said:

LoL, I may just do some for XMas…the authentic way
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

Would love to hear your recipe.  Mine is salt, coca-cola, 2" chunks arranged in a single layer in a cast iron pan.  350 for about 3 hrs, constantly turned chunks to get lots of roasted edges.  In Sonora, they use orange soda.
  • Whoa… I just hit the “like” button on a mobile and it toggled from “2” to “4” instantaneously. Never had that happen before. I like to think that my “like” was just righteous powerful on that one.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

Would love to hear your recipe.  Mine is salt, coca-cola, 2" chunks arranged in a single layer in a cast iron pan.  350 for about 3 hrs, constantly turned chunks to get lots of roasted edges.  In Sonora, they use orange soda.
    No recipe but method , yes to cola but Mexican as it’s sugar not syrup, braised in lard till all water evaporates, raise heat ant crisp … seasonings , oranges condensed milk , yum
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2021
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

No recipe but method , yes to cola but Mexican as it’s sugar not syrup, braised in lard till all water evaporates, raise heat ant crisp … seasonings , oranges condensed milk , yum
    Yup, Mexican coke is what I use too.  However, I have run across Mexican coke with corn syrup over the last year, so heads up and be careful.  It still works, but not as good.

I will try some condensed milk and seasonings next time.  I baise it in its own fat, never tried adding lard.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2021
    CPFC1905 said:
    Making plans to survive the apocalypse.    

Woke up to all kinds of chaos as the new Ice Age appears to have commenced in the Home Counties.

Luckily 3 bags of Alderline lump arrived 2 days ago and we have sufficient wine  to see us in to the New Year.  After that we are at the mercy of the gods.
    That os what happens when you wax your cars.  You bring on Ragnarok.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    CPFC1905 said:

Woke up to all kinds of chaos as the new Ice Age appears to have commenced in the Home Counties.

Luckily 3 bags of Alderline lump arrived 2 days ago and we have sufficient wine  to see us in to the New Year.  After that we are at the mercy of the gods.
    That os what happens when you wax your cars.  You bring on Ragnarok.
    We had a couple of days like that last year. I promise, if Las Vegas, NV USA can recover from a natural disaster of that scale, the mighty British Empire can return to glory. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited December 2021
    I found this interesting about Burger King,

"Back in September, the fast food giant is permanently banning 120 artificial ingredients from their food menus, in an effort to further what a press release called "the brand's commitment to deliver real food to their customers."

According to the Burger King website, 90% of the Burger King permanent food menu in the US is free of colors, flavors, and preservatives from artificial sources. The brand hopes to reach 100% by the end of this year."

I can only imagine what McDonald's is like....

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    still refinancing the camp. first the application and backup docs. i dont know, maybe 200 pages :o

thats done, next up balance sheets and p&l for year to date.  todays dropoff at the accountant

seems simple enough for a simple refinance on a loan at the same bank that ive had and payed for 17 years on time.  just wondering whats up next
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    hot roastbeef jr from the blue house,  messy eats

Whoa, that looks tender and delicious. I'm thinking three bites and it's gone.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671

its bigger than it looks. the regular size is ridiculous, maybe 20 ounces of beef. halfway thru it starts to fall apart

BLUE HOUSE FAMILY PIZZA SALEM - 53 Photos amp 120 Reviews - Pizza - 3  Hampshire St Salem NH - Restaurant Reviews - Phone Number - Menu

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Rejoice, rejoice - I don't know what happened but it is a miracle for our times.

Thank you for your unwavering support and heartfelt wishes.    They were tough times but we got there.
    You're welcome.  My wife is convinced that I can influence the performance of Premier League footballers when I say something like "there it is" - or whatever.  So, I'm not surprised to learn that I can melt snow with my mind on that same island.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510

its bigger than it looks. the regular size is ridiculous, maybe 20 ounces of beef. halfway thru it starts to fall apart

BLUE HOUSE FAMILY PIZZA SALEM - 53 Photos amp 120 Reviews - Pizza - 3  Hampshire St Salem NH - Restaurant Reviews - Phone Number - Menu

My eyes are ALWAYS MUCH MUCH bigger than my mouth. LOL.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2021
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Rejoice, rejoice - I don't know what happened but it is a miracle for our times.

Thank you for your unwavering support and heartfelt wishes.    They were tough times but we got there.
    I have been on pins and needles since I saw those awful most horrible photos.  Which ever deity you subscribe to, thanks and offerings are owed.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I have been on pins and needles since I saw those awful most horrible photos.  Which ever deity you subscribe to, thanks and offerings are owed.
    It looks like maybe it’s just the eye passing over, I wouldn’t relax just yet.
  • WeberWho said:
    Anyone hungry for some delicious 3d printed vegetarian steak?

https://youtu.be/tXksi9gynQE

Me neither. 
    It's funny but in that recent Marc Maron podcast with David Chang, David mentioned trying some synthetic meat that was really good and that he said he couldn't tell the difference from the real thing.  

He might also talk about it on his new show that's on Hulu, I'm not sure.  

watched it last night on the sushi episode. You could not tell the difference by looking and he said it was delicious (Salmon filet grown from salmon cells)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Legume said:

Wait, what????   
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    CPFC1905 said:
    Legume said:

Wait, what????   
    Calm before the storm.  Good luck!
  • Sitting in this sh!t show. I've moved 1/2 mile in 30min. There better be a dead rotting carcass on the highway up here. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Sitting in this sh!t show. I've moved 1/2 mile in 30min. There better be a dead rotting carcass on the highway up here. 

Hopefully it is something minor like a truck full of ping pong balls turned over, and everyone eventually makes it home safe and in one piece.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Sitting in this sh!t show. I've moved 1/2 mile in 30min. There better be a dead rotting carcass on the highway up here. 

I suspect it's everyone staring at the FedEx truck, amazed that it is making a delivery in the daylight.
    I wonder is my Joe Jr that was supposed to be delivered yesterday is in there. 
    Las Vegas, NV