Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2021
    Edit: not too bad. Definitely a mellowed out ghost pepper flavor. I'd put the heat 1 knotch above a real habanero.

Anybody tried these? Wondering what I'm in for?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Anybody tried these? Wondering what I'm in for?

The "Feast" is on the way in, the "Fury" on the way out.

Do you have a bidet, by any chance?
    Two bidets here, I suppose I can reserve one for inlet and one for outlet  =)
    canuckland
  • CPFC1905 said:
    What am I doing right now?  I am reflecting on quite a day.
    I have never mowed the lawn at almost freezing point nor mowed the lawn with the Christmas tree up and lit.
    Then I laughed in the face of snow to fire up the Egg (twice in two nights!) and I got close to Pittsburgh style rib-eye.  Lovely char to a medium rare courtesy of the temp gauge all the way around and the CI plancha doing it's thing.

Beautiful story and cook, Ed, but this first pic does have me wondering if in the UK roofers are as scarce as dentists?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    CPFC1905 said:
    I have never mowed the lawn at almost freezing point nor mowed the lawn with the Christmas tree up and lit.
    Then I laughed in the face of snow to fire up the Egg (twice in two nights!) and I got close to Pittsburgh style rib-eye.  Lovely char to a medium rare courtesy of the temp gauge all the way around and the CI plancha doing it's thing.

Beautiful story and cook, Ed, but this first pic does have me wondering if in the UK roofers are as scarce as dentists?
    I imagine all the chimney sweeps would grow up to be roofers.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850
    CPFC1905 said:

Your jealousy of our history has betrayed you again 😁
    Given your interest here’s the story of the roof; https://www.hgmatthews.com/roof-tiles/
    the clay came form the field opposite and the kiln is two fields away. 
    Your welcome. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Your jealousy of our history has betrayed you again 😁
    Given your interest here’s the story of the roof; https://www.hgmatthews.com/roof-tiles/
    the clay came form the field opposite and the kiln is two fields away. 
    Your welcome. 
    So your explanation is that you actually PAID for your roof to look like sh!t?  ;)

My friends if any of you had any questions about what happens to people living under a monarchy, look no further.  
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    CPFC1905 said:

It's called character.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I, for one, like it.  But then again, I have bad teeth.
    CPFC1905 said:

Keeping the grass cut over winter stops it from getting tussocks that take a load of effort to get back during spring. There aren't many months where the grass doesn't grow now, this weekend's cold snap is a bit of an anomaly. Keep cutting.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Sharpening knives and looking through the overalls and aprons. It’s getting close to hog killing time my friends. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Acn said:
    Moving furniture so we can set up the tree.  And after the new year we can put SWMBO’s home office set up on the main floor, since it is looking less likely that we ever return to the office full time.
    Found a family of mice living in the tree box.  Went and bought a new tree.  SWMBO Jr will decorate tomorrow.  Only shatterproof ornaments this year, because of this little menace:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Foghorn said:
    Watching Die Hard - because it's a Christmas movie.
    I have never seen Die Hard in my 37 years on earth. Saying that out loud it seems odd that I haven't. Guess I need to finally watch it. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Reading about our local university’s head football coach leaving the Ragin Cajuns for the Florida Gators. God Speed Coach Napier, job well done. I hope he succeeds. He’s a good man. Big leap from the Sun Belt to the SEC
  • Foghorn said:
    Watching Die Hard - because it's a Christmas movie.
    I have never seen Die Hard in my 37 years on earth. Saying that out loud it seems odd that I haven't. Guess I need to finally watch it. 
    It’s a really good movie, all jokes aside.  I think it holds up pretty well.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850
    Eoin said:

Keeping the grass cut over winter stops it from getting tussocks that take a load of effort to get back during spring. There aren't many months where the grass doesn't grow now, this weekend's cold snap is a bit of an anomaly. Keep cutting.
    I was told that all grass needs is ground temp over 4C, direct sunlight and wind across it. 
    And of course there was Arwen's gift of many many leaves to be scooped up in the process. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2021
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:

I was told that all grass needs is ground temp over 4C, direct sunlight and wind across it. 
    And of course there was Arwen's gift of many many leaves to be scooped up in the process. 

tus·sock
    /ˈtəsək/

noun
    a small area of grass that is thicker or longer than the grass growing around it.

a woodland moth whose adults and brightly colored caterpillars both bear tufts of irritant hairs. The caterpillars can be a pest of trees, damaging fruit and stripping leaves.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Eoin
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:

tus·sock
    /ˈtəsək/

noun
    a small area of grass that is thicker or longer than the grass growing around it.

a woodland moth whose adults and brightly colored caterpillars both bear tufts of irritant hairs. The caterpillars can be a pest of trees, damaging fruit and stripping leaves.
    New word for you?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:

tus·sock
    /ˈtəsək/

noun

New word for you?
    Yes, it was a new word, and it made my day.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    Same here.  Learn something new here every day.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    This made me chuckle, especially after having court this morning. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Reading up on the college coaching carousel, crazy money being thrown around and big names leaving big jobs.  

• I hope lsu doesn’t give Kelly 15 mil/year as the rumors suggest. 
    Snellville, GA

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Local rumor mill has it at 10 a year for 10 years….still absurd 
  • Eoin
    In a taxi heading for Modena for a dealer meeting with my biggest supplier.
  • Eoin
    In a taxi heading for Modena for a dealer meeting with my biggest supplier.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    edited November 2021
    @Eoin - while there, swing by the Maserati factory.  
    Edit: grab some olive oil as well.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.