Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    edited November 2021
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

• Hope that wasn’t the Salado brisket recipe. 

• Hope that wasn’t the Salado brisket recipe. 
     All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.  Show some respect 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Sharpening all the kitchen knives
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @WeberWho - looks like you are gonna have a healthy bed of coals once that burns down.  What are your stick burning today?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - looks like you are gonna have a healthy bed of coals once that burns down.  What are your stick burning today?
    Turkeys and Mac & Cheese. 

Mid 20's here this morning. Lots of cold steel to warm up. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • About to go fire up the Large in 30 minutes or so. The pork tenderloins should be on in an hour.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Bout to make a pecan pie with this.

Will any of that get into the pie, or just into you?
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Yno said:
    Bout to make a pecan pie with this.

Will any of that get into the pie, or just into you?
    It did get into the pie, but not before I did a quality check or 2.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    When don’t have a big bandsaw with a resaw setup, thin kerf blade with an extended fence for the win.

Why do I look at that and see gold/$$$?
    Mark- you are going to have to explain it to me?
    When a sheet of 4 x 8 OSB ply hits CAD 85 ... wood = gold.
    I think the prices for wood have come down a little, but they are still insane.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Being mad. Beyond mad. Turning off of busy road into parking lot for fuel and ice….car decides to be in the middle of the entrance. Catch the curb in my pickup. 2 flats. Yay! Nothing like searching for 2 Toyo’s on Black Friday when you’re trying to get to the woods. 285/45/22’s. Piece of cake right? 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    ColbyLang said:
    Being mad. Beyond mad. Turning off of busy road into parking lot for fuel and ice….car decides to be in the middle of the entrance. Catch the curb in my pickup. 2 flats. Yay! Nothing like searching for 2 Toyo’s on Black Friday when you’re trying to get to the woods. 285/45/22’s. Piece of cake right? 
    That's going to be nearly impossible.  Good luck.  Best option might be to borrow wheels/tires from a donor vehicle.  

22 a factory option?  
    ColbyLang said:
    That's going to be nearly impossible.  Good luck.  Best option might be to borrow wheels/tires from a donor vehicle.  

22 a factory option?  
    Yep. GMC Sierra Denali. Oh, I know it’s going to be impossible. They had to order them when I put them on. And it’ll have to be towed to wherever they get put on
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850

Well, what do you know - we’ve lost another manager as Ole finally got put to rest by Man Utd.  There’s a miasma of bubbling cauldron about this weekend’s action with early season hotshots Brentford, Brighton & Everton now stone cold while nailed on relegation fodder Norwich look for a third straight win and Burnley have awoken.  

Arsenal v Newcastle - the Toon showed a bit of spirit last week but still didn’t win. Despite  the 1st choice goalie coming back this looks a tough ask.  2-0

Palace v Villa - Stevie G meets Patty V on the touch line to reminisce about their bone shattering tackles on each other 15 years ago.  Should be entraining. Through gritted teeth and with all appendages crossed, 2-1. 

Liverpool v Southampton - The Reds have this in the bag while Saints remain in a fugue state. 3-0

Norwich v Wolves - Dean Smith will be well up for this as Wolves cost him his job at Villa a month ago. The Canaries’ mojo is emerging , 1-0 and the dream’s alive. 

Brighton v Leeds - tough test for both teams ways. the Filthy Seagulls are off the boil and Leeds are still trying get past tepid. 1-1.

Stoke v Blackburn - is 6th v 7th and two teams in identical form across the last 5. Home team advantage. Sorry @Eoin 2-1. 

Sunday:

Brentford v Everton - both targeting a win to get things back on track after each has amassed a mighty 1 point from the last 5 games. Not likely to be soft on the eye 1-0.

Burnley v Spurs - Spurs could not be any more Spursy than they are at the moment; between abject and flattering to deceive.  The Clarets will be far more together and this could easily be a trademark 1-0 for Sean’s lads. 

Leicester v Watford -Foxes flailing while Watford wobble.  This could go any of the three ways, so er…. 0-0? Meh, no 1-0 as Vardy pops up for his trademark breakaway goal at some point during an otherwise instantly forgettable encounter. 

Man City v West Ham - this is about the Hammers’ character after tasting a rare defeat last week and now face the stiffest of opponents. 2-0.

Chelsea v Man Utd,  Ole’s been dispatched and there’s come kind of botch job temporary cover arrangement in place. As long as the cash keeps rolling for the Glazer then all is well in the world.  The Blues are in tippy-top form, 3-1. 

That’s your lot and yes, I know there’s a bunch of mid-week games to follow, but you’ll need to navigate your own way through them. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    CPFC1905 said:

Well, what do you know - we’ve lost another manager as Ole finally got put to rest by Man Utd.  There’s a miasma of bubbling cauldron about this weekend’s action with early season hotshots Brentford, Brighton & Everton now stone cold while nailed on relegation fodder Norwich look for a third straight win and Burnley have awoken.  

Arsenal v Newcastle - the Toon showed a bit of spirit last week but still didn’t win. Despite  the 1st choice goalie coming back this looks a tough ask.  2-0

Palace v Villa - Stevie G meets Patty V on the touch line to reminisce about their bone shattering tackles on each other 15 years ago.  Should be entraining. Through gritted teeth and with all appendages crossed, 2-1. 

Liverpool v Southampton - The Reds have this in the bag while Saints remain in a fugue state. 3-0

Norwich v Wolves - Dean Smith will be well up for this as Wolves cost him his job at Villa a month ago. The Canaries’ mojo is emerging , 1-0 and the dream’s alive. 

Brighton v Leeds - tough test for both teams ways. the Filthy Seagulls are off the boil and Leeds are still trying get past tepid. 1-1.

Stoke v Blackburn - is 6th v 7th and two teams in identical form across the last 5. Home team advantage. Sorry @Eoin 2-1. 

Sunday:

Brentford v Everton - both targeting a win to get things back on track after each has amassed a mighty 1 point from the last 5 games. Not likely to be soft on the eye 1-0.

Burnley v Spurs - Spurs could not be any more Spursy than they are at the moment; between abject and flattering to deceive.  The Clarets will be far more together and this could easily be a trademark 1-0 for Sean’s lads. 

Leicester v Watford -Foxes flailing while Watford wobble.  This could go any of the three ways, so er…. 0-0? Meh, no 1-0 as Vardy pops up for his trademark breakaway goal at some point during an otherwise instantly forgettable encounter. 

Man City v West Ham - this is about the Hammers’ character after tasting a rare defeat last week and now face the stiffest of opponents. 2-0.

Chelsea v Man Utd,  Ole’s been dispatched and there’s come kind of botch job temporary cover arrangement in place. As long as the cash keeps rolling for the Glazer then all is well in the world.  The Blues are in tippy-top form, 3-1. 

That’s your lot and yes, I know there’s a bunch of mid-week games to follow, but you’ll need to navigate your own way through them. 

Very nice @CPFC1905, but your loyalties are blinding you.  The most likely outcome for the Eagles and the Villains is a 2-2 draw, and Brighton will struggle some but will be able to dispatch Leeds 1-0.  

Also, I expect we'll see one of the good versions of the Spurs and they'll take Burnley 2-0.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Heading to Skylight Inn for lunch.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn said:
    Heading to Skylight Inn for lunch.
    Let us know what you think
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Day after Thanksgiving tradition. 

Las Vegas, NV

• just put ours up as well 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    edited November 2021
    Do you guys have any needles left come Christmas? I put mine up 2 weeks before and by the time I get it out of the house after new years there is next to nothing left. Then I get to step on rogue needles occasionally for months after. Almost as bad as legos.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    poster said:
    Do you guys have any needles left come Christmas? I put mine up 2 weeks before and by the time I get it out of the house after new years there is next to nothing left. Then I get to step on rogue needles occasionally for months after. Almost as bad as legos.
    We bought this stuff last year and it really seemed to help. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Thanksgiving night tradition. 

The best. We watch at least once a season. Enjoy. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    poster said:
    Stand it in water and keep it watered and you should have plenty of needles left if starting 2 weeks before Christmas. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Any golfers here?  Tune in "The Match" Brooks vs Bryson on TNT.  Phil Mickelson is doing commentary (along with Charles Barkley).  The golfers are miked up so there is a lot of behind the scenes insights being offered, like the Manning brothers and MNF.  You will learn something.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Some beautiful trees there. I’m on the fence about when to purchase. They say there will be shortages but I don’t want to buy so early as to have it die prior to the big day. I want to replicate last year’s Fraser Fir. My wife’s family cuts them in the forest yearly, but the Frasers are only available in lots, so we’ll join the family to cut theirs before picking ours up outside the grocery store. 😊

• We don’t normally get a tree this early, but we keep it watered and always seems to have it keep just fine through the holidays.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike