Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flag

Don't want to jeopardize the waydrn thread. What do you think of the new flag?
canuckland

Comments

• You mean the disagree button?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    edited November 2021
    Banner at top

canuckland
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    edited November 2021
    Banner at top

Better than the Google Banner today 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Canugghead
    Don't get me wrong and don't mean any disrespect,  it looks nice artistically but these words jumped out at me...weathered, tattered, disintegrating, vaporizing. OTOH, it looks like Emergence of something great. Glass is half full or half empty.

canuckland
  • lkapigian said:
    Banner at top

Here is the Google banner:

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    lkapigian said:
    Banner at top

I always wondered what happened to The Village People cast.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    The Google thing is repulsive.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Yno said:
    Why?   I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I don't see a problem with it.  I think it's just trying to indicate that veterans are real people walking among us.  
  • Canugghead
    edited November 2021
    Yno said:
    It's inclusive.
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Very nice that companies are using their online presence to recognize this, however they choose to do it.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    edited November 2021
    The Google image was apparently created by a veteran.   

https://www.google.com/doodles/veterans-day-2021

That all does sound pretty repulsive, I might have to agree with you guys now. 

• Legume
    Don't get me wrong and don't mean any disrespect,  it looks nice artistically but these words jumped out at me...weathered, tattered, disintegrating, vaporizing. OTOH, it looks like Emergence of something great. Glass is half full or half empty.

I think it’s probably meant to evoke the original star spangled banner that inspired the song.  That’s how I saw it anyway.  

• Legume
    RRP said:
    lkapigian said:
    Banner at top

I always wondered what happened to The Village People cast.
    They were ahead of most when it comes to inclusion.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Yno said:
    Why?   I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I don't see a problem with it.  I think it's just trying to indicate that veterans are real people walking among us.  
    Some people just hate America.  It's a free country, that's within their rights as a free thinkers.  Not that I agree with them, but point is there may be no explanation, just hating the subject in this case.

Some people just hate America.  It's a free country, that's within their rights as a free thinkers.  Not that I agree with them, but point is there may be no explanation, just hating the subject in this case.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    a discussion about google banners, is this a new forum low.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Looks like the flag we flew before we bought Alaska and Hawaii
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• a discussion about google banners, is this a new forum low.
    It's hard to drop below the pictures of Focker's sister.  
  • Yno said:

because of the Trans person?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I hadn’t even noticed the trans person at first.  But if that’s what bothers you, then … wow.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053

The words that jumped out at you are the current state of our nation under Biden. The something great is 2024 when we get rid of him.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    I don't hate any particular class of people. My friends (and family) are probably more diverse than those of most of the people on this forum. I just don't like the artwork. I also dislike Picasso and most modern art. Just my personal taste in what is pleasing to look at.

That said, I am out of this discussion. 
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Yno said:
    I don't hate any particular class of people. My friends (and family) are probably more diverse than those of most of the people on this forum. I just don't like the artwork. I also dislike Picasso and most modern art. Just my personal taste in what is pleasing to look at.

Well, you kind of started the conversation lol. I was just curious what was so repulsive about it. Seems like  a strong reaction to a google doodle about veterans...unless you hate cupcakes. I'm glad you have diverse friends and family but god help them if they put a cupcake in front of you ;)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Yno said:

Well, you kind of started the conversation lol. I was just curious what was so repulsive about it. Seems like  a strong reaction to a google doodle about veterans...unless you hate cupcakes. I'm glad you have diverse friends and family but god help them if they put a cupcake in front of you ;)
    Typical democrat jump to assumptions. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Lit said:
    Yno said:

Remove the butt-plug, it's choking off the blood supply to your corpora pedunculata.

Lit said:
    Yno said:

Remove the butt-plug, it's choking off the blood supply to your corpora pedunculata.

So, now you've got something against butt-plugs?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    caliking said:
    So, now you've got something against butt-plugs?
    The wall?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    What about Canada?   I think the world forgets about us :)
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)