Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flag

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Legume said:
    No Georgia?
    Georgia is Top Ten countries, but I stopped at 8.
    You really should put ‘merica down instead of United States.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,140
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    No Georgia?
    Georgia is Top Ten countries, but I stopped at 8.
    'Merica #1
    United States #2
    USA#3
    MLB#4

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Got to love the USA for its climate diversity. You like it cold go to Montana, Alaska, you like it hot got to Florida, Texas.  If your stuck in Canadian and like it hot you will have to wait for July.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Got to love the USA for its climate diversity. You like it cold go to Montana, Alaska, you like it hot got to Florida, Texas.  
    In fact you can find all of that just inside of Texas.  Well, except for the glaciers, of course.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    To me it’s more interesting to talk about the worst countries.  And Saudi Arabia has to be near the bottom.  Friggin hot af desert and you can’t even buy beer, wtf.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    Legume said:
    Why?  "America" is actually the name of two entire continents.  

I'm also curious as to how many here have actually been to GB, Canada, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Italy, Austria, etc.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    Why?  "America" is actually the name of two entire continents.  

I'm also curious as to how many here have actually been to GB, Canada, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Italy, Austria, etc.  
    Canada, GB, Scotland, Japan, India, Hong Kong, Mexico, Denmark, Marshall Islands .... I guarantee this is a much shorter list than most on here, but I try to never pass up an opportunity.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    edited December 2021
    Options
    You all can argue this all you want, but as a first generation American, I can say with conviction that if the USA isn't the best country, then why do people die trying to get here?

My aunt didn't die while my grandmother (and father) left everything they knew and tried to get to any other country on that list.  Ironically, they were fleeing one of the countries that ranked higher in that "poll" that was posted.

Change my mind.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Canada, the Netherlands, New York and California 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    You all can argue this all you want, but as a first generation American, I can say with conviction that if the USA isn't the best country, then why do people die trying to get here?

My aunt didn't die while my grandmother (and father) left everything they knew and tried to get to any other country on that list.  Ironically, they were fleeing one of the countries that ranked higher in that "poll" that was posted.

Change my mind.
    My opinion only - there are always bits and pieces others may do better, but big picture, we’ve had a great run.  The tragedy here to me is we seem to have stopped trying to be best, we just really like to talk about it.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    It seems to me that the slightest criticism of American culture triggers a discussion about why it’s the best country in the world perhaps indicates we have a bit of a problem.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    It seems to me that the slightest criticism of American culture triggers a discussion about why it’s the best country in the world perhaps indicates we have a bit of a problem.

Without digging through upstream posts, I recall @Canugghead posting a list of the greatest countries in the world which triggered a discussion on why I felt we have the greatest country. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Options
    America is full of amazing people they just aren't on twitter.
    Agree, but we need to be smarter about who we allow to drive the bus.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    httpsiredditkwgpqjqaqt381jpg
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Legume said:
    America is full of amazing people they just aren't on twitter.
    Agree, but we need to be smarter about who we allow to drive the bus.

That is true, but it really starts with each and every one of us. Rise up above the muck and be better, lead, be kind to a stranger.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Without digging through upstream posts, I recall @Canugghead posting a list of the greatest countries in the world which triggered a discussion on why I felt we have the greatest country. 
    He did, but it was in response to a question about why not move to another country if the US is so bad.  
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,541
    Options

Not much to dig through, just go back one page, after weberwho’s devastating pics.

When @JohnInCarolina delivered the MickyD pic someone blasted him with:
    A man of your means and intellect can surely relocate to any number of “the rest of the world” places. Many without guns. Of course without guns often also means without many other civil liberties. Check it out. They’re great. Always wondered why people from the far and away best country ever, would pine for “the rest of the world”? No thanks. 

To fact check the above brag I posted the usnews.com top hit in google. Canada happens to be at top of that list, it was not meant to brag.

canuckland
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

Not much to dig through, just go back one page, after weberwho’s devastating pics.

When @JohnInCarolina delivered the MickyD pic someone blasted him with:
    A man of your means and intellect can surely relocate to any number of “the rest of the world” places. Many without guns. Of course without guns often also means without many other civil liberties. Check it out. They’re great. Always wondered why people from the far and away best country ever, would pine for “the rest of the world”? No thanks. 

To fact check the above brag I posted the usnews.com top hit in google. Canada happens to be at top of that list, it was not meant to brag.

You forgot to add the Blasphemous McD post there Chief.

But as usual, the Darth force runs strong.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Anyone who has to Google to find the best country, well you decide for yourselves. LOL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I wonder what keeps New Zealand from being #1 on every list?  That place seems like a real paradise.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I wonder what keeps New Zealand from being #1 on every list?  That place seems like a real paradise.
    There is literally a town/province called Paradise in NZ.  Check it out sometime.  Based on photos I have seen, they got it right.

The wife and I visited about 12 years ago.  I was down for a work trip and she tagged along and got to do the tourist thing.  It’s a beautiful place.  I want to return again some day, but the plane flight to get there is a PITA.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,541
    Options
    Anyone who has to Google to find the best country, well you decide for yourselves. LOL
    Knew and proud of the ranking when it was released. Picked google top link to demonstrate the ranking project was commissioned in the US, not a Canadian, Chinese or Russian agency falsely claiming its country is the far and away best country ever.
    canuckland
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Knew and proud of the ranking when it was released. Picked google top link to demonstrate the ranking project was commissioned in the US, not a Canadian, Chinese or Russian agency falsely claiming its country is the far and away best country ever.
    Please note my previous post explaining the grievance industry. 

Heck one of your Olympic bobsledders just became a US  citizen. She’ll be competing for US now. Funny, not too many flowing the other direction. 

Note that a Royal from UK wanted to come here too. Unreal! 

I find it especially rich that you identified as a fact checker. Fact checkers are widely viewed as misleading if not outright liars. They are all paid by large corporate interests and are vetted to ensure a slanted point of view. 

This is cognitive dissonance on full display. Aka circle jerk. 👍🏻
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

i dont see s cali, texas, or florida voting this way. put me on the coast and im good
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited December 2021
    Options

Heck one of your Olympic bobsledders just became a US  citizen. She’ll be competing for US now. Funny, not too many flowing the other direction. 

I find it especially rich that you identified as a fact checker. Fact checkers are widely viewed as misleading if not outright liars. They are all paid by large corporate interests and are vetted to ensure a slanted point of view. 

paranoia is a helluva drug 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    caliking said:

paranoia is a helluva drug 
    Yep. It’s called TDS. Good call.