Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flag

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,051
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I'm going to wade in, because that is what I do.

I like the idea behind the artwork.  Showing the military and civilian side is a stroke of genius, showing diversity is also super cool.  Everyone is different and they each have their own history, ethnicity, and personal identity.  It shows that we can all come together and love our country, defend our country, and put differences aside and serve together.  They all become brothers in service.

With that said, I dislike the cartoony feel.  It detracts from the amazing message, in my humble uneducated opinion.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I'm going to wade in, because that is what I do.

I like the idea behind the artwork.  Showing the military and civilian side is a stroke of genius, showing diversity is also super cool.  Everyone is different and they each have their own history, ethnicity, and personal identity.  It shows that we can all come together and love our country, defend our country, and put differences aside and serve together.  They all become brothers in service.

With that said, I dislike the cartoony feel.  It detracts from the amazing message, in my humble uneducated opinion.
    Aren’t Google doodles always cartoons of a sort?  I don’t recall them ever being anything else.  The whole “doodle” thing essentially implies that.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Yno said:
    The Google thing is repulsive.
    Interesting group of folks who agreed with this assessment.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I've noted, that of late, Thursday is the new Friday.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Yno said:
    The Google thing is repulsive.
    Interesting group of folks who agreed with this assessment.
    They all either hate modern art and/or cupcakes. They are both quite “repulsive” so I don’t blame them. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    My god it feels like NextDoor around here except most of you are too chicken to use your real names.  I’ve got so many opinions they’re dribbling out of my a ss, I just don’t feel the need to weigh in on every little thing.  Maybe the doodle debate belongs in the art thread.

I love cupcakes.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    caliking said:
    I've noted, that of late, Thursday is the new Friday.
    Used to work with a guy who consistently called it “pre-Friday.” I think he was just counting the days until the weekend hit, when he would play cricket every waking hour. 
  • BigreenGreg
    Options
    My god it feels like NextDoor around here except most of you are too chicken to use your real names.  I’ve got so many opinions they’re dribbling out of my a ss, I just don’t feel the need to weigh in on every little thing.  Maybe the doodle debate belongs in the art thread.

I love cupcakes.
    We need an LOL button and I hope that’s not your real name!
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    My god it feels like NextDoor around here except most of you are too chicken to use your real names. 
    Oh.  The irony.
  • Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Options
    My vote is for the flag,Yes I know Veteran Day has passed for this tear

LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    We are getting close to bottom.  I can feel it.
  • HogFather
    Options
    Legume said:
    We have to start using pronouns in our signature lines first. 
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Legume said:
    Ye of little faith.  It can always get worse.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Speaking of banner, got this in spam mail today, this should settle the egg is indoor or out debate.

canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Speaking of banner, got this in spam mail today, this should settle the egg is indoor or out debate.

Does it? I am not so sure. I think @The_Buffalo needs to work on his Photoshop skills. The proportions are all wrong. This is like a weird Escher work where the Egg appears both inside and out. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Does it? I am not so sure. I think @The_Buffalo needs to work on his Photoshop skills. The proportions are all wrong. This is like a weird Escher work where the Egg appears both inside and out. 

Look like the Xl is about to bless the food like Ricky Bobby:

"Dear 76lb, 13" grid minimax Jesus"
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    2 deer and a 'yote. Somebody gonna be eating good tonight.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    I bet there is a carp under the canoe.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I am assuming the possums and raccoons are in the trunk.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options

At least photoshop some temp onto that thermometer.

It’s almost like an odd BGE robot butler that’s just standing awkwardly waiting to fetch the dinner rolls or something.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Legume said:

At least photoshop some temp onto that thermometer.

It’s almost like an odd BGE robot butler that’s just standing awkwardly waiting to fetch the dinner rolls or something.
    OMG.  Now I know how I will keep my rolls warm at the dinner table. Heat the medium up so all the ceramic is warm, snuff the flame, roll it inside, rest rolls on grate with egg skinnied up to the table.  I may even roll it around the table asking the guests if they want a roll.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Coincidence that green pie plate is placed above red?

canuckland
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    It makes me wonder how many people looked at this photo and asked themselves "ok, what will those smart-alecks on the forum find to make fun of now?" 

The wire-tie that usually holds the upper grid riser to the main grid finally melted and is now stuck to the lower felt.  At least that grill has been lit at least once.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    how does the pie plates stay so shiny in the egg, are those magic shiny pie plates
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    It makes me wonder how many people looked at this photo and asked themselves "ok, what will those smart-alecks on the forum find to make fun of now?" 

The wire-tie that usually holds the upper grid riser to the main grid finally melted and is now stuck to the lower felt.  At least that grill has been lit at least once.
    Good eye
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    No EGGNOG?

canuckland
  • Canugghead
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Red truck hauling green eggs away? j/k