Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Foghorn said:
    Flying to Maui.  Every time I plan to go to Hawaii it seems like a great idea.  Then when I'm on the flight I question the wisdom of it.  Then when I'm there and I've been out of the airport for about 30 minutes it seems like a great idea again.
    Only been once, and never to Maui. Sounds like a good decision in my books. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @lkapigian - I am quite sure you are at the Oakland Athletics game.  Nail biter with the visitors getting at least 2 in the top of the ninth.  Enjoy.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Foghorn said:
    Flying to Maui.  Every time I plan to go to Hawaii it seems like a great idea.  Then when I'm on the flight I question the wisdom of it.  Then when I'm there and I've been out of the airport for about 30 minutes it seems like a great idea again.
    Love Maui. Worth it no matter the time on a plane. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Foghorn said:
    No doubt.  This is my 6th trip to Hawaii.  On one of the trips we spent 22 days there and no trip has been less than a week (usually 10-14 days) so cumulatively we've logged a lot of time there.  There is a reason I keep going back.  This time we're heading to Hana on the east side of Maui for a couple of days before a business meeting (with masking/spacing/etc) on the west side of the island.  We've never been to Hana before but one of my mentors told me about 30 years ago that it needed to be on my bucket list, so it has been.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - I am quite sure you are at the Oakland Athletics game.  Nail biter with the visitors getting at least 2 in the top of the ninth.  Enjoy.
    That was UT, crazy hot for the bay. Linda got a few autographs, sadly, no one wanted mine " sigh"
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    @Foghorn - the road trip to Hana is quite the trip.  Here's the latest I found although I am confident you are up to speed:
    https://www.hawaii-guide.com/maui/sights/road-to-hana  
    In a previous life I was fortunate enough to spend a couple of years living on Oahu and travelled to the other islands. Have made it back as a vacationer a couple of times since.
    Suffice to say the all time record high temp in Honolulu when I was there was 95*F and the record low 56*F.  If I played (the limiter) and won the lottery I would land there yesterday!
    Enjoy the trip.  Better to be lucky than good any day!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Cubanos has arrived! Hands down one of the best sandwiches ever. Served with a mango and mint salad. @TheToast i used Waitrose tiger bread worked really well.

Excellent looking Cubano!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    You are in for a treat Foghorn. The road to Hana is special. We stopped along the road at some random pop-up food stand. It was a couple hippies making BBQ. This was some of the best pulled pork I’ve ever had. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,008
    Cubanos has arrived! Hands down one of the best sandwiches ever. Served with a mango and mint salad. @TheToast i used Waitrose tiger bread worked really well.

Excellent looking Cubano!
    Cheers! SWMBO has been inspired to do a variation for roast chicken adding lemongrass into the marinade. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations - on a knife scale that collection is right up there with your neighbour's trophy cars.  Beautiful.  
    Thanks, Frank. My favourites are on the periphery - the two on the left and the pocket knife on the right. Some were bought new and some used - one from a local, up-and-coming chef that I really admire. Love them all. My wife would like a petty, so we’re going to shop within the next few weeks. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Getting the mower out. There’s a slithering friend somewhere over there. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Foghorn said:
    Foghorn said:
    No doubt.  This is my 6th trip to Hawaii.  On one of the trips we spent 22 days there and no trip has been less than a week (usually 10-14 days) so cumulatively we've logged a lot of time there.  There is a reason I keep going back.  This time we're heading to Hana on the east side of Maui for a couple of days before a business meeting (with masking/spacing/etc) on the west side of the island.  We've never been to Hana before but one of my mentors told me about 30 years ago that it needed to be on my bucket list, so it has been.
    Sounds like an amazing opportunity for some much needed R&R, Dan.  Take a few pictures and post them up here if you get a chance.  We can all live vicariously through you for a bit ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    ColtsFan said:
    Getting the mower out. There’s a slithering friend somewhere over there. 

Just like spiders, burn it down
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Figuring out how the heck even with my PSWoo I'm going to get all this on a large egg and a mini max.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Bar
    Bar Posts: 166
    Meat fridge………..I love it!
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Figuring out how the heck even with my PSWoo I'm going to get all this on a large egg and a mini max.

Timing 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    You can cheat and use the clock box to hold.  I would not hold the belly burnt ends.  FWIW-
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    lkapigian said:
    Bar said:
    Fancy…………a two fire pit household
    In a state plagued by fires 
    With skills. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Hope you are keeping safe, @nolaegghead. That goes for all the others in the area as well. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791

Fellows I’m trying my hand at selling clothes. Starting small with ball caps. Here is the first run. If anyone is interested PM or call. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH said:

Fellows I’m trying my hand at selling clothes. Starting small with ball caps. Here is the first run. If anyone is interested PM or call. 

I’ll take ten!
  • Bar
    Bar Posts: 166
    Not too bad of a spread. 

Nailed it
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    Figured this is more doing than chefing
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    Now the Stoker has dropped the wifi signal completely. What a pile. 
    Dead dome probe on the PartyQ. I was able to switch out the dome probe on the BBQ Guru. It's never ending. 

The easy answer would be go controller less. I'd probably be just as restless as my mind would be constantly be thinking about temp swings but in reality the egg would be stable as a rock. 

This going to be a really good brisket or chili. There's no in-between at this point with everything going on.  =)

the first pit guru was just a damper and spring set on the dome. mines set between 235 and 250 dome temp. still works flawlessly. no fan, no plug in, no battery
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    lkapigian said:
    Ar the Yankee Game 

last game i went to they sold yankees suck and jeter swallows tee shirts outside the fenway =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it