Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Botch said:
    LCS?  
    I think it’s Zumwalt class and not freedom or independence LCS. I’m officially talking out of my backside though.  All I really know is that was a cool photo!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,163
    @Botch it's DDG 1000 Zumwalt class target. (only two types of ships in the world-submarines and targets  B) ).  The class build was truncated at 3 targets as the technology and perceived warfighting gains were found (don't know who found) too expensive.  Suffice to say the lead ship has yet to deploy overseas (commissioned in 2013) as the technology and warfighting gains promised far out-weighed the true deliverables.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch it's DDG 1000 Zumwalt class target. (only two types of ships in the world-submarines and targets  B) ).  The class build was truncated at 3 targets as the technology and perceived warfighting gains were found (don't know who found) too expensive.  Suffice to say the lead ship has yet to deploy overseas (commissioned in 2013) as the technology and warfighting gains promised far out-weighed the true deliverables.  

Hometown Native from Tulare Ca..
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SGH said:
    Bought a carbon steel Detroit pizza pan. It probably don’t do anything that my aluminum pan don’t do. But the snob in me has to see. 
    Picked up some of their dough mix and pan grippers as well as lid for the pan. I thought why not. 

Post the results/pictures! SWMBO says we are doing Detroit pizzas this weekend.
    LBGE
    AL
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Thanks, Navy folk!  I had trouble identifying an F-22 from a -35 for the longest time, don't even start me on Navy targets ships.   =)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch
    Tonight I quit, again, a forum I'd been a member of for (iirc) eleven years.  The first time I was gone for 4 years or so, but retirement/COVID left me bored and I rejoined; the two militantly-arrogant members had both been kicked out, and I felt at home again for a year and a half.  Not anymore.
    I won't do details, this forum doesn't do politics, which is a good thing I guess.  
    I know a lot of retirees eventually die of loneliness; even as an extreme introvert I'm starting to understand that dynamic.   :|  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Botch said:
    Tonight I quit, again, a forum I'd been a member of for (iirc) eleven years.  The first time I was gone for 4 years or so, but retirement/COVID left me bored and I rejoined; the two militantly-arrogant members had both been kicked out, and I felt at home again for a year and a half.  Not anymore.
    I won't do details, this forum doesn't do politics, which is a good thing I guess.  
    I know a lot of retirees eventually die of loneliness; even as an extreme introvert I'm starting to understand that dynamic.   :|  
    My two favorite forums "Rimfire Central" and "Egghead".  Most other ones have a terrible dynamic.  Either not active enough, or ruled by jerks.  I do like AVS too, but I keep that one to just technical.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Get some dang corgis @Botch. You can find a way to travel with them. FWIW 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381

First bottle is a hand picked barrel by “rare bird”…whatever that means. Solid sips of the rest plus an EH Taylor Barrel proof and a Buffalo Trace Batch 2020
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Get some dang corgis @Botch. You can find a way to travel with them. FWIW 

Foster homes for dogs are always needed, basically you're their caretaker until a forever home is found.  Might be an option for you.  Check with the rescues in your area for further details if interested.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Getting my fancy white girl drink

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    ColtsFan said:
    Getting my fancy white girl drink

More impressive than the drink, you got chauffeured to Starbucks.  I believe the kids call that ballin'.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,658
    closest i can get to this girly pumpkin thing....THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN

guinness_black-and-orange_umlaut-4

looking forward this weekend to these with some liverwurst sandwiches. Guinness over pumpkinhead
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • closest i can get to this girly pumpkin thing....THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN

guinness_black-and-orange_umlaut-4

looking forward this weekend to these with some liverwurst sandwiches. Guinness over pumpkinhead
    Black and tans are great.   Been a while since I've had one.  I need to rectify that.   

Have a good weekend, fish.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Cranberry Mocha Frappe or at least it was.

• lousubcap said:

Marketing over promising what engineering can deliver, what? Who’d a thought…. Marketing isn’t all to blame either, plenty of engineers who think they know how to solve everything.  Obligatory engineering making fun of project managers….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Fantasy Draft time. 

Las Vegas, NV

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Babysitting the wife….sinus and septum surgery finally happened today after multiple postponements. Kids at the lake with my parents for the long weekend…..6 hours in, I ain’t cut out for being a nurse
  • Botch
    FarmingPhD said:
    Marketing isn’t all to blame either, plenty of engineers who think they know how to solve everything.  Obligatory engineering making fun of project managers….
    I had to watch this accurate, but very disturbing, video through to understand your sarcasm.   ;)
    Having spent a career trying to explain Reliability Confidence levels to 3-star generals with a bachelor's in PE, and a simple economic analysis to a (supposed) engineer chief who wanted our entire CAD/CAM system on the open intranetz (despite the Stuxnet/Aramco/Flame and newer banking/city government hacks) I so understand this, and it took me a couple weeks after retirement for the nightmares to stop.  
    The above video will have me awaken screaming for the next night or two, but hopefully it subsides quicker this time... :tongue:  

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Botch said:
    FarmingPhD said:
    Marketing isn’t all to blame either, plenty of engineers who think they know how to solve everything.  Obligatory engineering making fun of project managers….
    I had to watch this accurate, but very disturbing, video through to understand your sarcasm.   ;)
    Having spent a career trying to explain Reliability Confidence levels to 3-star generals with a bachelor's in PE, and a simple economic analysis to a (supposed) engineer chief who wanted our entire CAD/CAM system on the open intranetz (despite the Stuxnet/Aramco/Flame and newer banking/city government hacks) I so understand this, and it took me a couple weeks after retirement for the nightmares to stop.  
    The above video will have me awaken screaming for the next night or two, but hopefully it subsides quicker this time... :tongue:  
    This gives me flashbacks of our weekly team meetings
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Yes it took me a while to get over running construction projects put together by a team of young engineers who had never built a project in the field. I frequently asked to have some time to review the plans before bids were held. It seldom happened. I think that my record is 14 separate change orders on a single project. Someone told me once “ the baby is born “ to which I replied “I believe in birth control “. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:

Marketing over promising what engineering can deliver, what? Who’d a thought…. Marketing isn’t all to blame either, plenty of engineers who think they know how to solve everything.  Obligatory engineering making fun of project managers….

Living this dream every day.  Very very close to calling it quits and becoming my wife's admin.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    lousubcap said:

Living this dream every day.  Very very close to calling it quits and becoming my wife's admin.
    I can relate to Anderson. SMH.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    lousubcap said:

I don't get the consternation here.  The solution is pretty obvious.  Lines don't only exist in 2 dimensional space.  The solution requires a multi-dimensional space, maybe half a dozen.  Insofar as the color goes, OBVIOUSLY the pen color will be used for drawing (line manufacturing) in one medium with a refractive index that is different that the observational medium index of refraction.  It's a density thing.... Oh, wait, that won't work...hmmmm....ok, got it.  I'm an expert, see?  The line relative to the observer must be accelerating/decelerating to cause a doppler shift in frequency thereby changing to the color specified by the definition of work.

Stick a one-tined fork in it, we be done.
    Remember, "ex" is an unknown quantity,
    and "spurt" is a drip under pressure.
    (this joke is funnier when spoken)  :glasses:  

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Getting ready for college football 🏈 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Really looking forward to Georgia vs Clemson 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.