Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Made me wonder, as it's been a while since I cracked one of those open.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1117555_5-reasons-why-pushrod-engines-still-exist

Hard to believe those designs are still a thing.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Made me wonder, as it's been a while since I cracked one of those open.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1117555_5-reasons-why-pushrod-engines-still-exist

Hard to believe those designs are still a thing.
     Hellofalot easier removing the heads on a push-rod engine.

Foghorn said:
    Yeah @lousubcap, I followed them online as much as I could.  I have them recorded at home.  Looking forward to seeing the highlights.
    ESPN has been putting together daily highlights.  Don’t know how soon after the 2nd game, I watch the next AM on the treadmill 

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    SGH said:
    Thanks.  We live quite far from that area, thankfully.

I hope they catch the snake and kill it.  That should be the consequence to the owner for letting something so dangerous get loose.  Sometimes I really wonder what the F people are thinking.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH

I hope they catch the snake and kill it.  That should be the consequence to the owner for letting something so dangerous get loose.  Sometimes I really wonder what the F people are thinking.  
    I can’t imagine owning any snake. Snakes are about my biggest fear. Can’t stand any of them. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    SGH said:

i caught one of these when i was in maybe 4th grade. the men in green took it away and said it was not a rattlesnake. years later i found out that the last of them were a few miles away from the house in the kingston nh area

Timber rattlesnake  reptile  Britannica

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    found one of these in massachusetts, no idea how it got there, really strange snake. someone must of let a few go

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    SGH said:

I can’t imagine owning any snake. Snakes are about my biggest fear. Can’t stand any of them. 

its the water snakes i dont like, the ones up here come at you instead of moving away
    fukahwee maine

• SGH

its the water snakes i dont like, the ones up here come at you instead of moving away
    I don’t care for water snakes either. The ones down here like to surface right in front of you when you are in the water. I have never understood why they do that. It is to big of a coincidence to be a coincidence. You can take it to the bank that if you spend more than about 5 minutes in Dog or Pascagoula River one will pop up right in front of you. 

Status- Standing by.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited June 2021
    SGH said:

I know the area, nice forested place for it to hide out. That one is especially dangerous. It's a spitter. People are idiots
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    SGH said:

I don’t care for water snakes either. The ones down here like to surface right in front of you when you are in the water. I have never understood why they do that. It is to big of a coincidence to be a coincidence. You can take it to the bank that if you spend more than about 5 minutes in Dog or Pascagoula River one will pop up right in front of you. 

im not sure if they think theres food in the muddied up water or not but they come up and you hit the surface with a fly rod and they move right in. ive seen them get right in the boat as well, hate them things
    fukahwee maine

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    I'm wondering what @CPFC1905 and @Eoin think of Grealish and Kane now.  I haven't seen the game but it seems Grealish was involved in both goals - and they didn't score until he came on...

Were you watching @lousubcap?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Foghorn said:
    I'm wondering what @CPFC1905 and @Eoin think of Grealish and Kane now.  I haven't seen the game but it seems Grealish was involved in both goals - and they didn't score until he came on...

20 years ago, the 5-1, was the only other time I have seen England so confident and in control against Germany.  It was total role reversal from the typical Eng v Ger match and the goals were not a surprise.
    Grealish did well but Saka looked an absolute star, he just ran out of energy in the 2nd half.
    Kane did what Kane does, and should only do - the Number 9 job.
    Man of the match was Sterling for me.  Finally getting the praise and rewards he deserves.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

20 years ago, the 5-1, was the only other time I have seen England so confident and in control against Germany.  It was total role reversal from the typical Eng v Ger match and the goals were not a surprise.
    Grealish did well but Saka looked an absolute star, he just ran out of energy in the 2nd half.
    Kane did what Kane does, and should only do - the Number 9 job.
    Man of the match was Sterling for me.  Finally getting the praise and rewards he deserves.
    Yeah, I looked at the bench players on both sides and I was impressed/surprised to find that the England bench looked to be much better than the Germany bench.  It occurred to me that Southgate could direct some of the starters to leave it all on the field for 60-70 minutes and then bring on Grealish, Sancho, Rashford, Mount, and Foden (or Henderson) and it would be a real challenge for a defense to keep up with those fresh legs.   I really don't think that football managers optimize management of fatigue and substitutions at all.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    @Foghorn - Watched the whole match.  It had its moments but I felt it was much more tightly played than either of the ones yesterday.  The scoring opportunities supported that but that is the style of play for both teams.  
    On to Ukraine-Sweden.  And then wait til Friday.  
    Thanks for asking.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Foghorn said:

Yeah, I looked at the bench players on both sides and I was impressed/surprised to find that the England bench looked to be much better than the Germany bench.  It occurred to me that Southgate could direct some of the starters to leave it all on the field for 60-70 minutes and then bring on Grealish, Sancho, Rashford, Mount, and Foden (or Henderson) and it would be a real challenge for a defense to keep up with those fresh legs.   I really don't think that football managers optimize management of fatigue and substitutions at all.  
    The 5 & 1 subs for this tournament is significant.  It was a game changer for rugby when England could power past other teams in the last 20 minutes. (except they really didn't last season)  
    Naturally it favours the deeper squads but it also keeps the game alive, oh and is good for the players health and welfare.  Perhaps should have said that first. 
  • Foghorn
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

The 5 & 1 subs for this tournament is significant.  It was a game changer for rugby when England could power past other teams in the last 20 minutes. (except they really didn't last season)  
    Naturally it favours the deeper squads but it also keeps the game alive, oh and is good for the players health and welfare.  Perhaps should have said that first. 
    Yeah, US sports - basketball players limiting minutes, baseball pitchers being limited on pitches - seem to be ahead of soccer in that regard.  Apparently, the 2019 South African rugby team recognized this and made it culturally OK - even celebrated - when a player left it all on the field but didn't last the whole game, only to be subbed off for a similarly good player with fresh legs who would take on opposing players with weary legs.  A team as deep as England could really take advantage of this.  

San Antonio, TX

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,078
    edited June 2021
    No pics but, I spotted an albino Dalmatian today. 
    It was the least I could do.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,416
    WeberWho said:
    SonVolt said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Bringing my pickup to the dealership. Entire Intelli-link system acting up. Shouldn’t be. Won’t be a cheap fix
    Bent pushrod in the #6 cylinder and a blown system. Now we’re having fun. Top end job can’t be done for 2 weeks. All on a vehicle with less than 36,000 miles

Yikes. What model truck?
    Silverado/Sierra/Canyon/Colorado possibly with him mentioning Intelllink and pickup. Just a guess...
    2017 GMC Sierra Denali 4x4
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Great to see Ukraine into the Quarters and Russia home after Group Stage.
    Looked like both settled in to playing between the 18's til the overtime red card.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Took the electric bike to the shop.  8 minutes vs 5 if I drive.  That is acceptable.
    ColtsFan said:
    He’s a big boy!

You need a suppressor…..
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    ColtsFan said:
    He’s a big boy!

Did your wife/daughter swing her head around twice ( to capt the deer shot) or just a bad hair day?  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,331
    Botch said:
    ColtsFan said:
    He’s a big boy!

Did your wife/daughter swing her head around twice ( to capt the deer shot) or just a bad hair day?  
    Ha! That’s the wife. Bad hair day 😂 It’s fiscal year end for IU so she’s been working her asz off. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    Started putting the 3d printer together tonight.  Almost done!

So you'll be able to print more 3D printers now,  that how it works?