Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SGH said:
    Anything fried with its entire anus intact is surely a delicacy.
    After 10 years we finally agree on something  ;)
    Funny, @sgh, @JohnInCarolina, I had always anticipated you’d both have seen an intact anus as a challenge of sorts. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @Battleborn phase-change cooling vests might help.  Good for a few hours.  You'll look like the pillsbury doughboy with all the vests, tho. 

@Battleborn phase-change cooling vests might help.  Good for a few hours.  You'll look like the pillsbury doughboy with all the vests, tho. 

Looks interesting. My wife bought me a little contraption that I hook to my AC vent that has a hose that I can run to my vest. It is nice after being out in the heat. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Eoin said:
    10k a acre is a bit high around here but it’s around 9 right now
    Good agricultural land is £10k an acre here, so $14k. Being in agriculture has tax advantages, especially inheritance tax, so land has become a place for rich people to park their money.
    I think inheritance tax kicks in at 11 million over here but the current administration is trying to undo that. Land owners around me are anyone from family farms to big investors, corporations from all over the world, one of my neighbors is Indian owned and another is German owned. I used to grow non gmo beans and that elevator was recently bought by a Japanese company. Times are a changing. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Lt Dangle has the right idea
    Reno 91139 Watch the unaired pilot  EWcom

Ah yes, a trip down memory lane.
    It wasn't the shorts that bothered me but choosing the right footwear was a persistent challenge.
    I quickly dismissed brogues but kept a nice pair of suede moccasins for driving, albeit that choice caused delay to my deployment at incidents while I laced my Cat boots. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Eoin said:
    Good agricultural land is £10k an acre here, so $14k. Being in agriculture has tax advantages, especially inheritance tax, so land has become a place for rich people to park their money.
    I think inheritance tax kicks in at 11 million over here but the current administration is trying to undo that. Land owners around me are anyone from family farms to big investors, corporations from all over the world, one of my neighbors is Indian owned and another is German owned. I used to grow non gmo beans and that elevator was recently bought by a Japanese company. Times are a changing. 
    The seed company who my cousin worked for was bought out by the Chinese. He was one of the top seed guys within the company. His company begged and pleaded with him to stay. He ended up quitting and told the company that he didn't want a Chinese paycheck.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    WeberWho said:
    Eoin said:
    The seed company who my cousin worked for was bought out by the Chinese. He was one of the top seed guys within the company. His company begged and pleaded with him to stay. He ended up quitting and told the company that he didn't want a Chinese paycheck.
    Yeah that is a curious one, China rejected barges of corn that contained a unapproved (for China) technology from that company, the barges contained all different types of corn so the price per bushel nationwide was effected for years. This triggered a massive class action that any corn farmer in America could get in on.
     When all the dust settles winners of this in my opinion, were China because they bought the company they crippled. And lawyers obviously. Like most class actions the people who deserve the outcome get the least.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Dropping a pint

I dropped four test tubes this morning. Regular check, take to many prescriptions to donate.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    Dropping a pint

I dropped four test tubes this morning. Regular check, take to many prescriptions to donate.

4 here this morning as well, really like the tiny diameter needles they have now, one of my meds has my blood thinned out so much they were nervous to use the regular ones
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    Literally felt like she ripped the needle out of my arm when finishing up, thought maybe it was just me.  Bled pretty good after into the gauze, not normal, and now my arm hurts, also not normal for me at least.  Must have pissed the little gal off.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Just went to the store to pick up some dinner stuff. Saw Gene Simmons. The years have not been kind. 

Las Vegas, NV

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Waiting for power to come back on.  2nd time in as many days.  4 generators running for our office/ store,  pool pump, bathroom emergency lighting and my house.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551

I’m in the textile space and we have tried phase change coatings on several items- the issue comes down to the amount needed to really become beneficial.  It’s a marketing play that sounds really cool, but to impregnate enough wax filled beads to actually begin to balance/regulate your body temps you end up with an unwearable item. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • WeberWho
    Just went to the store to pick up some dinner stuff. Saw Gene Simmons. The years have not been kind. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Acn said:

Put together a new chair

Looks like Polywood brand. We have 6 or 7 pieces and we love it
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    WeberWho said:

Wrong Simmons. But humorous 
  • WeberWho
    ColbyLang said:
    WeberWho said:

Wrong Simmons. But humorous 
     ;) 

Minnesota
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    ColtsFan said:
    Acn said:

Put together a new chair

Looks like Polywood brand. We have 6 or 7 pieces and we love it
    You are correct!  Glad to hear, these were our first two (presents from my in-laws) and we are very excited 

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    Eoin said:
    New shop filling up.

filling up fast, time to expand. im at the point that theres places in my shop i cant get to
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @Foghorn @nolaegghead
    Going to eat all you can eat catfish 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,707
    edited June 2021
    Unreal explosion near where I live, 1.5 Million Gallon Water Tank, 1 fatality ....this was the cities back up water tank in an already drought plagued area

https://youtu.be/Y0tKDTVmwFQ
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    jeebus!
    edited June 2021
    A.J McCarron stopped by the new Colonel Dixie in Mobile today. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.