Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Making a YUGE batch of super fresh red and mangrove snapper ceviche.   It will be life changing..

Mad jelly
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I’ve had ceviche and seafood cocktail on the brain for a few days.  I see this in my near future.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428

That must be an unusually reflective fish.  It almost looks like a photochop, the guy is in near-shade but the fish looks like its in direct sunlight.  Cool!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Noticed today that my mower had lost a nut holding the handle together. Searched the grass for a while without success. Redneck engineering to the rescue!....

Mind the shovels and hockey sticks. 

Those hockey sticks belong in a museum or the HHOF!
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    When is a hit a miss??  When the betting favorites close out the race.  Got an investment return but not enough to cover the expenses.  Other opportunities down-stream.  Be well.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Making a YUGE batch of super fresh red and mangrove snapper ceviche.   It will be life changing..
    I would be making a batch of super fresh mangrove snapper deep fried anus. You talk about life changing. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited June 2021
    @lousubcap
    I did not win crap 🤦‍♂️

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Random venue pics 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867

@dmchicago - I didn't have anything to do with this project, but thought of you right away when I heard about it.  Thought you might be interested.  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    Gravity defining lunch

• @dmchicago - I didn't have anything to do with this project, but thought of you right away when I heard about it.  Thought you might be interested.  ;)
    Hey John.... Just post your address here and I’m sure a few members might be willing to send you some samples! 😂
  • JohnInCarolina

@dmchicago - I didn't have anything to do with this project, but thought of you right away when I heard about it.  Thought you might be interested.  ;)
    Hey John.... Just post your address here and I’m sure a few members might be willing to send you some samples! 😂
    no sh!t
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Eoin said:

That looks delicious!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Bought more plywood yesterday.  Trying to find a good place to store it 
    You might need to purchase a second shop.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @nolaegghead - trying to capture the local market?   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Antique cypress score from pile of garbage on side of the road....
    Probably got tossed because it wasn't Pecky cypress.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    SamIAm2 said:
    Who just GIVES AWAY wood?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 479
    TN_Egger said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Who just GIVES AWAY wood?
    I give away my wood as much as possible 😉
    Austin, TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Appreciating the Sox sweeping the Yankees!

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    I need a few sheets.  Can you pop over with them and patch one of the walls in my shed?  
    I am happy to help with transportation from the driveway and along my garden path,  if you could cover the other half of the journey?  
    I say half - I just checked and it's about 4,600 miles assuming you walk in a straight line at sea level all the way. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    CPFC1905 said:
    I need a few sheets.  Can you pop over with them and patch one of the walls in my shed?  
    I am happy to help with transportation from the driveway and along my garden path,  if you could cover the other half of the journey?  
    I say half - I just checked and it's about 4,600 miles assuming you walk in a straight line at sea level all the way. 
    Sounds reasonable, after all wood does float.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    8th grade closing ceremony later today, so I’m putting on dress shoes for the first time in 15 months.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    HeavyG said:
    SonVolt said:
    lkapigian said:
    SonVolt said:
    HVAC help...

A couple months ago they changed the cap on our upstairs unit, charged it and it's been working great. 

Yesterday I noticed the same unit was making a humming sound (outside) and the fan inside the housing wasn't spinning. Air is blowing out of the vents inside the house, but it's not cold. 

Anything I can check or do myself while I'm waiting on a service? 
    Check the breaker first , the contactor voltage comes from the indoor unit, could be  a tripped breaker or a bad dual run capacitor ....could be a burnt wire ,but id start with the breaker

You the man. HVAC guy said the breaker outside had gone bad so he replaced it.  Also noticed the water pan on the inside of the house was full of water which tripped the safety switch. So I vacuumed it out and and everything kicked on and it was cooling again.  However, we left the house for a few hours and came back home and the water pan was filling up with water again. There's several drops falling every few seconds. 

Any ideas now? ha

Doesn't your water pan have a drain line to the outside? Perhaps it's clogged.

That was it. I blew into the drain pipe opening on the inside and must have cleared something, b/c water came rushing out and down. Been running like a champ ever since. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665

be careful who you buy from, someone stole all my wood pallets this weekend, they left the scrap steel behind
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

be careful who you buy from, someone stole all my wood pallets this weekend, they left the scrap steel behind
    Guy I'm buying my cypress and plywood from loves me.  He's an old cabinet maker in his late 60s.  He wants to teach me how to use the old-school shaper machines and sounds like he wants to put me in his will.

All this stuff is locked up with steel doors, cameras and alarm and just a few blocks from the police station.  Not worried at all about crime.

Guy I'm buying my cypress and plywood from loves me.  He's an old cabinet maker in his late 60s.  He wants to teach me how to use the old-school shaper machines and sounds like he wants to put me in his will.

All this stuff is locked up with steel doors, cameras and alarm and just a few blocks from the police station.  Not worried at all about crime.

never thought to put the pallets indoors, police and firestation within a few hundred yards and the neighbor has cameras facing my yard. cant get a good look at the thief and he snuck up from a walking rail trail from the back, worked hard for it. thinking pallets are an easy sale right now, left all the big ones
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it