Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Anything "anus" related is inherently below the belt.
    Always learn something here!  Friday night...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,173
    @Foghorn - Can't beat the "real deal" right there.  Great way to start any day!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Yep @lousubcap.  A real breakfast of champions.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Foghorn said:
    And Austin BBQ/taco aficionados will recognize this as the appropriate “morning after” follow up.  
    That looks outstanding.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Foghorn
    @GATraveller, that's the "Real Deal Holyfield" taco from Valentina's.  I settled for "just" a brisket taco.  My son and wife split the one in the picture.  It is indeed the real deal.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    Day three of living hell disaster recovery for a data warehouse that bought the farm. If there's a power shortage in the midwest, it's probably us.
    Day three of living hell disaster recovery for a data warehouse that bought the farm. If there's a power shortage in the midwest, it's probably us.
    Our dispatching system ( cloud based ) is "under attack " right now .....thank God I was able to export the next 10 days of work before it finally crashed ....many HVAC companies are less than thrilled right now  
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    How many TB are we talking here?  

-An employee close to the situation who is not authorized to comment is quoted as saying:   " If there's a power shortage in the midwest, it's probably us. "
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    my fax was down for a day
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    kl8ton said:

-An employee close to the situation who is not authorized to comment is quoted as saying:   " If there's a power shortage in the midwest, it's probably us. "
    The database is probably 8 TB, plus about 400 TB in files.

Foghorn said:
    And Austin BBQ/taco aficionados will recognize this as the appropriate “morning after” follow up.  
    You posted this at 10:30 this morning, and I have been thinking about it for the last five hours.

Damn you, @Foghorn.  Damn you to heLL!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn said:
    You posted this at 10:30 this morning, and I have been thinking about it for the last five hours.

will be in Austin at the end of next month.  That is my first stop.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,546
    @Foghorn Congratulations on your son’s achievement 👏
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Sun goes down and this shows up.

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    bubbajack said:
    Sun goes down and this shows up.

Genuinely envious that most of your posts are at the beach lately 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,173
    @bubbajack at least the above is not a geographically challenged sunset.  
    See ya Friday for the last hurrah-
    Just make sure there is a ceiling fan present.  =)
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton said:

The database is probably 8 TB, plus about 400 TB in files.

Ugh is all I've got to say.  How goes it?  Will you be enjoying memorial day weekend? 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    @nolaegghead
    I remember trying to resurrect a 12 GB exchange DB overnight.  Good luck sir! 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    kl8ton said:
    @nolaegghead
    I remember trying to resurrect a 12 GB exchange DB overnight.  Good luck sir! 
    We've been working on this around the clock.  The VM server we first used had NAS and turned out to be too slow, too much IO wait.  So we moved the whole VM to a server that has fast SSD internal storage.  Much better, but takes hours to do anything, like run stats, on a data warehouse.  We're just about there, have a whole team of testers on standby.  People sleeping in shifts,  crazy.

Foghorn said:

Glad I could be of service @JohnInCarolina.  

And thank you @johnmitchell.

San Antonio, TX

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Foghorn said:
    @GATraveller, that's the "Real Deal Holyfield" taco from Valentina's.  I settled for "just" a brisket taco.  My son and wife split the one in the picture.  It is indeed the real deal.
    I see they are moving into a new location. Is that better or worse for you. And by "better" I mean proximity not health.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn said:
    I see they are moving into a new location. Is that better or worse for you. And by "better" I mean proximity not health.
    Their new location in Buda will be closer to me, but I don't think I'll make the drive from San Antonio (over an hour) just to go there.  I only went there because I was in Austin.  

With that said, I could see it becoming a regular thing any time I drive in that direction - but that's only a few times a year.

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    WeberWho said:
    I could have easily been burned this afternoon on Marketplace. I picked up a Big Steel Keg this afternoon from an older gentleman for $75. I did a quick look over and didn't notice anything serious when walking around it. I paid the gentleman as he was working from home and I didn't want to take too much time up from him. 

I didn't notice anything when loading it and off I went. I get home and I pull the vent shut. I notice some rust on the bottom edge. I stick my finger and it's mushy. Ohhh crap. I pull back the vent and I see this. 

I really don't think he knew about it prior as I didn't even see it when loading it in the bed of the truck. He mentioned to let him know if I had any issues with it at any point when I was strapping it down. 

I emailed him back and I asked if he'd be willing to buy it back from me and that I'd give him $20 for his time. He doesn't want any extra money and that he'd take it back no questions asked. He even offered for me just to keep it and he'd send the money. I told him I'd drop if off. I didn't want to keep the smoker and the money. 

So I'll be out 4 hours with the two trips but still feel really good about it. A little faith in humanity yet!!!
    Faith, because of BOTH of you.  Thanks for posting that.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850
    @Foghorn  
    Feels a it weird today.... something missing???
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    edited May 2021
    Yes, @CPFC1905.  I was hoping for at least a page of detailed analysis of tomorrow's Champions League final.  Including a description of how Christian Pulisic could become the 2nd American to play on a championship team, behind Jovan Kirovski (WHO???) who helped Borussia Dortmund win in 1997 (note: He did not play in the final, but I guess he was on their roster and played in some of their games in the Champions League that year)... and how, if Chelsea had won the FA Cup, he would have been the 3rd American to do that - after Julian Sturgis in 1873 (WHAT???) and Kasey Keller in 1997.

Sturgis was apparently born in Boston and moved to the UK at 7 months of age.  Educated at Eton and Oxford he played football for the Wanderers Football Club before a career as barrister, novelist, and writer of opera librettos - including "Ivanhoe".

Oh yeah, and rather than sitting back and second-guessing your prediction in my usual chicken-$hit manner, I'll go out on a limb and predict Man City's sheikh will finally get his payoff at the expense of the Russian billionaire with a 2-1 win - although 1-0 seems just as likely as cup finals tend to be tight, tense affairs with relatively little free-flowing football.  On multiple levels, this is not the game for the fair weather fan as it is unlikely to draw them in any further.  When it's 0-0 at the half and there have been only 1 or 2 real shots at goal most will change channels when they have to watch the first commercial after 45 minutes.  If that doesn't do it, the "Halftime highlights" that show a couple of near misses will do many of the rest in.

(This isn't as long as your usual contribution nor nearly as humorous, but I'm more of an "inform and educate" type and not that funny - in writing at least.  Hopefully, whoever usually flags your weekly post will do me the same honor)

You're welcome.   =)

San Antonio, TX