Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Love the Family Guy clip!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Written by an Egghead, I reckon.  
    Well known that Joe-sters have no sense of humour.    
    Nor do they bi-wire speakers. Philistines.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    kl8ton said:
    Written by an Egghead, I reckon.  
    Well known that Joe-sters have no sense of humour.    
    Nor do they bi-wire speakers. Philistines.  
    Hey now, Passive bi-amping bi-wirerers are funny.  It is the active bi-amp crowd with no sense if humour.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

My dishwasher is hardwired in on a dedicated circuit. I'm wanting to install an Insinkerator Hot Water faucet for the kitchen sink. The only problem is I don't have an electrical outlet under the sink. Thankfully the dishwasher is right beside it. Is there any reason I can't piggyback off the Dishwasher's power to install an electrical outlet box under the sink to power the Insinkerator?

https://insinkerator.emerson.com/documents/showroom-collection-instant-hot-water-installation-care-use-manual-en-us-7002970.pdf
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    SonVolt said:

My dishwasher is hardwired in on a dedicated circuit. I'm wanting to install an Insinkerator Hot Water faucet for the kitchen sink. The only problem is I don't have an electrical outlet under the sink. Thankfully the dishwasher is right beside it. Is there any reason I can't piggyback off the Dishwasher's power to install an electrical outlet box under the sink to power the Insinkerator?

https://insinkerator.emerson.com/documents/showroom-collection-instant-hot-water-installation-care-use-manual-en-us-7002970.pdf
    How big is the breaker that feeds the dishwasher and what is the combined current draw of the dishwasher and the water heater? The heater probably draws a chunky current, especially if wired to a measley 110V supply.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Eoin said:
    SonVolt said:

How big is the breaker that feeds the dishwasher and what is the combined current draw of the dishwasher and the water heater? The heater probably draws a chunky current, especially if wired to a measley 110V supply.
    May only be 110V to your 230V, but we have 60Hz.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Eoin said:

Come on,  is that just random words?
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Always thought hot water dispensers are tankless, learned something new. Not an electrician, checked a couple of their models, given the heater is rated at just 750w, you may be safe?
    canuckland
  • Eoin
    Options
    Eoin said:
    SonVolt said:

May only be 110V to your 230V, but we have 60Hz.
    I forgot about the 60 Hz, that makes anything possible.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Cruising the central coast

Private planes, limos, vacations!  Living the life!!! Enjoy every moment.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Yeah well I miss him, he did help balance out the forum some.
    I know.  We could use a few flat-Earthers here too, just to balance things out.
    It is odd for Steve to be so quiet. I hope all is well on his end. 

I did reach out to Steve @thetrim earlier this week. He is doing well; just on a forum hiatus like most of us have done at one time or another.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Eoin
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Yeah well I miss him, he did help balance out the forum some.
    I know.  We could use a few flat-Earthers here too, just to balance things out.
    It is odd for Steve to be so quiet. I hope all is well on his end. 

I did reach out to Steve @thetrim earlier this week. He is doing well; just on a forum hiatus like most of us have done at one time or another.
    Maybe Steve will look on on the next trans-atlantic zoom.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    Options
    san simeon

Elephant Seal, Harbor Seals 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    san simeon

I wonder what their interstitial fat looks like?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    It is Friday, done with work, and this is all I have in the fridge. It does not hit the spot.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    Road trip-supply chain management... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    It is Friday, done with work, and this is all I have in the fridge. It does not hit the spot.

I don't even know what i am looking at
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    kl8ton said:

It is a tiny bottle of champagne.  Or as my more cultured friends tell me, sparkling wine.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

Too funny. Just opening one for my wife. Virtual cheers! 🥂 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Too funny. Just opening one for my wife. Virtual cheers! 🥂 
    Cheers!
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Fancy AF is what I see
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    san simeon

Think you could cure one of them? 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,766
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    lkapigian said:
    san simeon

Think you could cure one of them? 
    Lean to Fat Ratio is spot on
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Tbent
    Tbent Posts: 225
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    san simeon

I stayed in La Jolla for a week in 2019 and I can still smell the seals and sea lions. Could watch them all day though. 
    L, S, MM, Mini
    Washington, IL
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

The season rumbles on. Man City have a growing number of hands on the prize, Liverpool are in total capitulation mode and although some fight remains at the bottom the serious relegation candidate list is dwindling.   We are still unwinding earlier postponements so a long ‘weekend’ again;

Saturday

Burnley v Arsenal, the hosts need the points and the visitors need a purpose. 1-1 at best, could be an awful match.

Sheff Utd v Southampton, with Saints performing like a swimmer in concrete Speedos there is a risk that both these teams drop out the PL.  The Blades will fancy this as a face saving points opportunity. 1-0.

Aston Villa v Wolves, two inconsistent teams with the hosts feeling rosier about life.  They will be without their talisman, Jack Grealish, so this promises little as entertainment. 1-1

Brighton v Leicester, the Foxes will be aiming for a business like collection of three points here to nudge them towards Europe next year.  The filthy Seagulls have offered great hilarity to us all by obdurately refusing to win or even score a goal.  Well done and long may it continue.  0-2

Stoke v Wycombe Wanderers - who are, it turns out, my local team. The Potters will be eager to reverse 3 defeats since I put the hex on them by suggesting a run on the play-off places.  Soz @Eoin but then again mid-table mediocrity is the essence of life, right?   2-1

Sunday

West Brom v Newcastle, A Big Sam, he’s a manager who has never been relegated but might be losing his cherry soon unless the Baggies really, really perk up.  A win against Toon is conceivable and almost obligatory. 1-0. 

Liverpool v Fulham, relegation threatened Fulham are the form team in this one against Champions Liverpool. A result for the west London dandy’s seems improbable but it’ll really spook Brighton.  Although it would be just like Jurgy;s lads to whack ten past them.  3-1.

City v Utd, kind of redundant now with Pep’s gang on a major roll.  They conceded a goal last time out, which was just a glitch in the matrix.  2-0. 

Spurs v Palace - Palace have been skilfully executing an anti-football strategy recently, striving for bore draws to assure safety.  Sadly nest up it Jose’s apathetic gang of individuals wearing matching kit who line up against the mighty Eagles. 0-0.  Please let it end.

Monday

Chelsea v Everton - the season can’t end until Everton are 7th,  that’s the law.  They are currently 5th so we need to play a few more games until that’s resolved.  With luck Tommy T’s super(again)Blues will win and we can draw a veil over an interminable season asap. 1-0

West Ham v Leeds, the mysteriously successful Hammers will be too good for the formerly effervescent Leeds who are ‘regressing to the mean’,  i.e finding their level after a disproportionately good start. 2-1

Wednesday

Man City v Southampton,  Pep Roulette is poison for fantasy football managers because of his appetite to rotate the full squad of international superstars.  He will for this match, City will win and I’ll get a string of zero returns despite it being double game week.  Thanks Pep. 3-0

And finally, I found this while actively participating in a Zoom meeting this morning....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF0fp-jk6oc 

Well done @CPFC1905.  You're perfect so far on the weekend.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    Options
    @Foghorn I have peaked too soon. Now we know the one I get correct all the fun has gone out of it. 😁