Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• EzraBrooks
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Last day in Cabo

Just had to throw the jump soap contest again 

Did everything remain, ah, contained?
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Last day in Cabo

Are you sure?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    edited February 2021
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    lkapigian said:
    Last day in Cabo

Are you sure?
    Prettiest Smile 

Her friend was there as well, I am horrible a taking pictures so my apologies 

Oh, and here is some Shrimp something or another's 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Last day in Cabo

Just had to throw the jump soap contest again 

"Look daddy...that lady is wearing 4 masks!"

Fat girls never were my jam
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    edited February 2021
    Options
    HogFather said:
    Fat girls never were my jam
    Thicc*, pronounced Tick
  • Bwchase
    Options
    Smoking prime tri-tip, nursing a Bushmills.
    6 inches of snow, what a life!
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Finished snow shoveling, just part of the daily routine here lately.  About half way in the shaft on my "plow" shovel snapped, odd as it can't more than ten years old.  :)  Had to complete the job with "scoop" shovel, usually reserved for 6" and higher depths.  Plow type is much easier work.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Just before dinner, I watched by buddies scrounge for food.  They have been coming by every day at 4:30 like clockwork.  I may set up the tripod and try to get a good picture tomorrow. These were taken with the phone from the kitchen window   
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Jump rope contest

Look who I found ^^^^^  =)
    canuckland
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

That was really popular about 10 years ago before home SV equipment because widely available. I remember David Chang calling it "ghetto souse vide". 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Finished snow shoveling, just part of the daily routine here lately.  About half way in the shaft on my "plow" shovel snapped, odd as it can't more than ten years old.  :)  
    Last winter I bought a shovel from the local "farm supply" place, so it should've been an acceptable build quality; the first day I used it, the metal edge on it tore right thru the skimpy rivets holding it onto the front of the plastic scoop.  I'm so, so tired of **** build quality on simple things.  
    This winter, I've only had to use it once (and it's mid-February), just plastic against cement, but the way global warming is affecting our snowfall, it may just last me the rest of my life.  Weird.  And Sad.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Botch said:
    dbCooper said:
    Finished snow shoveling, just part of the daily routine here lately.  About half way in the shaft on my "plow" shovel snapped, odd as it can't more than ten years old.  :)  
    Last winter I bought a shovel from the local "farm supply" place, so it should've been an acceptable build quality; the first day I used it, the metal edge on it tore right thru the skimpy rivets holding it onto the front of the plastic scoop.  I'm so, so tired of **** build quality on simple things.  
    This winter, I've only had to use it once (and it's mid-February), just plastic against cement, but the way global warming is affecting our snowfall, it may just last me the rest of my life.  Weird.  And Sad.  
    Please send some of that global warming up our way. Highs haven't been much above zero this whole week. High of -7 and low of -23 for Valentine's day. Currently -10 right now. I did manage to get the egg lit for some chicken this evening. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Please send some of that global warming up our way. Highs haven't been much above zero this whole week. High of -7 and low of -23 for Valentine's day. Currently -10 right now. I did manage to get the egg lit for some chicken this evening. 
    It is weirder than sh*t right now.  My buddy in Denver is complaining about it being 9 degrees, and yesterday I took my daily walk without a jacket, almost 60.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Mushy peas with my haddock and chips.

No gravy but extra 'bits'.  A score draw I make that.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Not sure if that is a charming colloquialism or just kind of sad.

I would pay good money to watch you say that to a Yorkshireman. They are a robust breed and would find a pithy remark to the effect of irony does not always describe something that rusts.  =)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Just before dinner, I watched by buddies scrounge for food.  They have been coming by every day at 4:30 like clockwork.  I may set up the tripod and try to get a good picture tomorrow. These were taken with the phone from the kitchen window   
    How are the hens doing?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    Mushy peas with my haddock and chips.

No gravy but extra 'bits'.  A score draw I make that.
    The boys went down, so they asked for scraps (bits). I normally prefer just chips tbh. No gravy on offer, as is correct. Only peas (mushy or garden) and curry.
  • Eoin
    Options
    Why does this thread not show new posts, but the others all do?
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Browning a hen, making a roux, call it a gumbo day. Windchill of 22 (it’s Louisiana, that’s beyond cold here). Bowling with my 6 year old on the schedule for today as well 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,042
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Why does this thread not show new posts, but the others all do?
    Trial bump
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Eoin
    Options
    After I wrote that, ColbyLang's post came up with '1 New' but for you, nothing.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Bwchase said:
    Smoking prime tri-tip, nursing a Bushmills.
    6 inches of snow, what a life!
    Welcome aboard @Bwcjase.

Where are you located?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Foghorn What a great thing to do. Kudos. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Thanks @SciAggie.  It was a lot of fun.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX