Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Mickey said:
    ColtsFan said:
    @Mickey and @sumoconnell I'll be in the area later this year (Inlet Beach) staying at a friends place. Any recommendations on what to do, where to eat would be awesome.
    We're outdoorsie types (hiking, exploring, fishing)
    TIA
    @sumoconnell  and @ColtsFan
    my fav 20+ years fried seafood (eat every time here) is Seagrove Village Market.  
    Cowgirl Kitchen another high on my list. My Seaside biggest is Modica Market. For a Seaside restaurant is Great Southern. 
    Don’t pass up the State Parks. Topsail is my backyard and wonderful. 
    If i can help my number 254.630.8399. 
    Inlet Beach is at the opposite end (East end) of 30A from me. 
    Sumoconnell after 20+ years we closed our eyes and bought into this wild as hell market. When you are in Modica say hello to Charlie for me. If i can help out in anyway call me. Will be here for hopefully another week before heading back. Then back after the first. If you guys would like to meet up inSeaside for a beer/coffee call. 
    Sorry we couldn’t meet up Mickey - we left early on Friday to get back to Texas ahead of the weather. Hope all is well - we’ll be out there more often I’m sure! 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Dayum it’s cold. 5 degrees. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Oh my, @SciAggie. I realize you get snow and freezing rain on occasion but had no ideas you'd have temps like this. Is this a record low? How unusual is that?
    Stillwater, MN
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    SciAggie said:

I can't remember if you had running water to your cool outdoor kitchen, might be good to check on the pipes (same for your home, in Texas...).  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• SciAggie
    Options
    Botch said:
    SciAggie said:

I can't remember if you had running water to your cool outdoor kitchen, might be good to check on the pipes (same for your home, in Texas...).  
    Nope. No water in the outdoor kitchen. Trying to keep everything running in the house. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Oops. I forgot to add the pictures...

@WeberWho I think that you win Valentine's Day.  I understand that by expressing that sentiment I may get kicked off the forum.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    WeberWho said:
    Oops. I forgot to add the pictures...

@WeberWho I think that you win Valentine's Day.  I understand that by expressing that sentiment I may get kicked off the forum.  

Ha! I'm just fortunate that my wife goes along with it. I know some wives live for this day. We went to pick up a friend years ago and while waiting on him my wife and noticed a White Castle billboard across the street promoting Valentine's dinner. We both agreed that we had to check it out. It just became a tradition after that. A little different this year with not being allowed inside. You will typically find families or groups of friends having a good ole time with it. Neat to see. No pressure of a made up holiday between the two of us. Just a date to White Castle. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Tried out a new place..."Shawarma to Go".  Anyway, food was great.  Cashier pocketed my tip.
    Options
    Just dumped these in the oven.  No recipe, just threw **** together.  Been fermenting 2 days.
    Options
    Tried out a new place..."Shawarma to Go".  Anyway, food was great.  Cashier pocketed my tip.
    Best part of this picture is how you have John in your phone. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Even spelled his name wrong..  hahaha
    Best part of this picture is how you have John in your phone. 
    He’s just pissed that he’s still “Nola-It-All” in mine.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Foghorn said:
    Just got to work.  I'm not on the schedule to work today but some colleagues are iced in at home and it's going to get worse.   So, two of us went in just to be here for tomorrow because those who are on call tomorrow are already landlocked - and most of the roads in the city just got closed.
    That is who you are!  Way to be there when needed most!
    My sincerest respect and admiration.  
    Thanks @lousubcap.  I really appreciate the kind comment.  The good news is that the forecast has changed slightly.  My colleague/neighbor and I were planning on being here for 4 nights, but we may get out after 2 or 3 if the temp gets above 32 long enough to thaw the roads.  I have to give her credit for coming up with this plan and calling me to suggest it - because we both live in the same neighborhood and are closer to the hospital than any of our partners.  We don't have any bridges to cross to get to work.  She's our Pediatric Trauma Director and an amazing surgeon.  I take vicarious credit because I trained her... but she was always going to be great - and she makes me better in the process.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Looks promising..  
    Options
    I put asafoetida, sesame seeds, garlic and fennel in it.  Should be interesting.  
    Options
    Sitting at home, watching in amazement how basically all of Louisiana shut down due to ice pocalypse 2021. Freezing rain/sleet here now.
    supposed to get colder too. Currently it’s 27 with a windchill of 15. 

It was 70 last week
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Leftover dry aged steak. D@mn life is hard. 

How do you heat it and to what temp?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac I made this last night. To reheat I wrapped it in foil and stuck it in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Then I (re)seared it in butter in a CI skillet. The finish temp was about 125ish. I figured that was WAY better than microwaving it. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Just received a text that a coworker’s house is on fire. A gas heater in the bathroom caused the fire. The family is ok. They have two young girls. Feel blessed for what you have y’all. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Just received a text that a coworker’s house is on fire. A gas heater in the bathroom caused the fire. The family is ok. They have two young girls. Feel blessed for what you have y’all. 
    On the plus side everyone is okay.  The devastation a fire brings in collateral damage is often over-looked.  Fire out-but the smoke and water damage will render most houses after a "save" uninhabitable for many weeks or longer.  I hope that is not the case here.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Elon is about to launch a rocket in ten minutes. I think one of these SpaceLink satellites aboard has @Ozzie_Isaac name on it.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Elon is about to launch a rocket in ten minutes. I think one of these SpaceLink satellites aboard has @Ozzie_Isaac name on it.

Very cool!  Too bad they missed "I still love you" with the 1st stage, but looks like my interwebz satallites are headed safely to orbit.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Virus spreading satellites.  Wake up man!