Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What was your greatest extravagance?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Proof that white men can't jump. 
    so is it

just out in the open now

that BigPenis is Nola

and I'm Ron? 

You nailed it, detective.
    Or, shall I say...D!ck
    I've never bought anything extravagant.  I'm too cheap.
    (....reminds me, time for my daily neighborhood scrounging for aluminum cans...)
    We got a inground pool when the kids were young, and that was great.  We used it for a family reunion once, and with all the young kids they were in the pool from morning until night, pausing only for exhaustion based tantrums and food.  That got my kids into swimming.  They quickly realized our backyard pool was too small and since they were in a large pool almost everyday, they didn't want anything to do with ours after practice.  We got ~1.5 years of great times out of it, then 4 years of incredibly sporadic use before selling the house.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • nolaegghead
    ColtsFan said:
    I finally bought that extended used car warranty after dozens of phone calls
    Every blue moon I'll get a human to screw with.  Ask them about the rate for my 1.5M Bugatti Chiron. 
    ColtsFan said:
    I finally bought that extended used car warranty after dozens of phone calls

Gotten enough calls/junkmail to sign back up for SiriusXM next?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• finally signed up for a 30 day free trial with this AOL cd-rom
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    so is it

just out in the open now

that BigPenis is Nola

and I'm Ron? 
    I’m only Nola when Nola logs in. 

I could be the other guy when he logs in. 

Sometimes one of the third guys logs in and that’s when I am him. Or he is me, I mean. 

But right now I am not me. 
  • PigBeanUs
    Wait. Sorry. I think a couple of us are both logged in. Let me log out and then you can post under PigBeanus instead. 
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs said:
    Wait. Sorry. I think a couple of us are both logged in. Let me log out and then you can post under PigBeanus instead. 
    Thanks. That was fast.  I appreciate it. 

• WesJohnson
    WesJohnson Posts: 130
    edited January 2021
    now i git it. if PigAnus is jumping all over someone about something nerdy but without the charm, wit or humor it's probably John the ****. Classic Chester and Spike. 
  • PigBeanUs
    edited January 2021
    John here. I actually don’t have the password to this account so it can’t possibly be me. 

Check mate. QED. 
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 259
    SRF hotdogs.

And I am not Carey nor John
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • PigBeanUs said:
    John here. I actually don’t have the password to this account so it can’t possibly be me. 

Check mate. QED. 

• now i git it. if PigAnus is jumping all over someone about something nerdy but without the charm, wit or humor it's probably John the ****. Classic Chester and Spike. 
    I’m not sure what I did to you that you have such a preoccupation with me on this site, but maybe consider seeking therapy.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Sorry about that.  Was logged in as not me but an account that was originally mine but then posted in the wrong account thinking it was me but it wasn't so now I think I'm me.
    We need to simplify the password/account sharing system.

The Wes Johnson, PigBeanus, Tweev, FlyOverCountry, etc. accounts really should be assigned to one or two people maximum.

Let me log out for a second and Dave can log in to change all the passwords to new ones, and then Jim can distribute as the group sees fit. 

• 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    PigBeanUs said:
    L1voyager said:
    Boss Lady and I sailed on a 37-day South America cruise from Buenos Aires to Miami. The itinerary included rounding Cape Horn and passage through the Panama Canal. Incredible.
    That is quite a trip. Unbelievable. 

My parents did the Canal Cruise back in the late 1980s

I kid you not, my father filled 8 1-hr VHS tapes filming the ship going thru the locks. We used to kid him that his video was somehow longer than the trip thru the canal itself!
    It's not surprising that your father filmed so much. The first time we sailed through we took close to 1K pictures.

The cruise was our third time through the canal. We hope to take similar itineraries a few more times.

This picture is from a different cruise, but probably the best I have taken:

The cruise ship that we were aboard is larger than this one behind us. There was 2 - 3 feet of clearance on each side of the ship. 
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    20k side by side.
    I'm so hoping that's for an side by side shotgun - hopefully for upland birds.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
     Life's to damn short to drink cheap beer 
    My Beer Motto for sure
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    SciAggie said:
    20k side by side.
    I'm so hoping that's for an side by side shotgun - hopefully for upland birds.
    oops, I forgot the guns...
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    20k side by side. 

~$23k. I win.

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    I have spent more $$ on things- Houses, Cars, SWMBO Ring, College Tuition and Vacations.  But all those had other people involved.

This however was the most money I ever spent on myself- and in the 14 months Ive owned it its cost me almost another grand fixing the sh!t I keep breaking.

And as soon as my (Bike) Dealer gets one back in stock I will be buying a Gravel Bike that costs even more.  Cant believe I got SWMBO permission for this one.
    Ibis - Hakka MX Disc Rival Gravel Bike - Fireball
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Actually, I should have mentioned that the most extravagant thing I've ever owned is my 1/6 share of 4 mangalitsa pigs.

@20stone, @The Cen-Tex Smoker, @caliking

I realize that most people don't think of pig farming as extravagant, but I think this version of it qualified.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @xfire_ATX You'll love the gravel bike

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120

I bought that bottle of Ketel One behind the 20 year old bottle of bourbon.  Sorry those other bottles were in the way.  

Seriously, my coworker gave me that photo.  He and his brother bought those four.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited January 2021
    SciAggie said:
    My greatest extravangance has got to be a few of the firearms I own. I have a weakness for rust blued steel, case hardening, and beautiful walnut. They are extravagant because the extra $$ is entirely about aesthetics and joy of ownership. 

Yeah... me too.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.