Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    i wasnt clear, its canned brown bread, either B&M or make it.  bean suppers in new england and town events like old homes day used to make it along with the beans cooked in the ground like sgh's lost brisket

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Saw a video yesterday for making cornbread by Cowboy Kent Rollins.  He fried up a bunch of bacon in a DO, mixed the batter with sweet peppers and crumbled chicharones, (sp?), left the bacon grease in the DO to fry the batter, and sprinkled the bacon on top.  I added some items to my next grocery run...

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Botch said:
    Saw a video yesterday for making cornbread by Cowboy Kent Rollins.  He fried up a bunch of bacon in a DO, mixed the batter with sweet peppers and crumbled chicharones, (sp?), left the bacon grease in the DO to fry the batter, and sprinkled the bacon on top.  I added some items to my next grocery run...

That's what we called Cracklin' Cornbread growing up in Tennessee. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I think he's talking about this abomination.

you need the one with raisins and butter fried.  its not the same as what the bean suppers had many moons ago though.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @Botch that sounds amazing
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    My mother used to serve canned brown bread. She would cut the end off a large can and fill-er-up with home made batter. Into the oven with the earthenware pot of baked beans. Pretty yummy. I don't know where the idea of a round loaf came from. She was a good cook, and everything was from scratch. I didn't wee a box of cake mix until I went to college.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Eating Bojangles 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    TTC said:
    Eating Bojangles 
    Just eating it?
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Worth your time. Fascinating. 

Edit: you'll need to pull it up on Twitter to get the full explanation. Sorry. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,654
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Watching these girls

The one on the left appears to be a boy.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Wrapping, wrapping and more wrapping...

we have a family tradition of putting clues on every present- makes for a fun morning as people try to work out the answers. 

But, trying to be creative over and over is a struggle. Might need to break out some inspirational bourbon a little earlier today. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Just finished Christmas shopping. I got it done super early this year. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Man that looks killer @dmw
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Been watching football all day. Good tough win for the Buckeyes. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Been watching football all day. Good tough win for the Buckeyes. 

I’m sorry you are watching this trash game too. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Enjoying the ND beat-down.  Doesn't matter who delivers it!   =)  
    Here's to only 30 minutes of their season left.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Tom Ka Gai 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I bet.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    1) Sending condolences to @CPFC1905.  Jurgen’s boys were merciless. 

2) I took delivery of some wagyu/angus beef - given to me by the owner/breeder.  20+ ribeyes.  2 ribeye roasts.  6 sirloin roasts.

Christmas comes early. Wow. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    1) Sending condolences to @CPFC1905.  Jurgen’s boys were merciless. 

2) I took delivery of some wagyu/angus beef - given to me by the owner/breeder.  20+ ribeyes.  2 ribeye roasts.  6 sirloin roasts.

Looks like you have a meat slicer too!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Buckwoody Egger Posts: 674
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Two packs of thighs resting.  Eating a little chicken nugget to power through cleaning the grate.  Worked on removing old tree stump remnants earlier and I’ll be damned it wasn’t half petrified to stone. Too close to house to grind. Has anyone ever seen an old cabin, house or deck with an old stump as part of the foundation? Never made sense until today.