Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Damn!  Nice
    Hope I'm the first to post this...

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • I made a tri-tip with roasted rainbow potatoes and garlic sautéed asparagus.
    Large BGE 2017,  a Genesis Webber gasser, and dreaming of a MiniMax 

Central Ohio and PTC, Ga
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    SGH said:
    Do I qualify as chef-ing? I threw a roast in the crockpot. Bought the buns and cheese at Greers. If that ain’t chef-ing I don’t know what is. 
    Chef-ing or not, that roast beef poboy was fantastic. I will be doing that again. 

Looks awesome!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    edited December 2020
    No money shot, they went about 30 min too long.  Big fail on my part.  Went to slice and various chunks just fell of the bones.  Very ugly looking.  Excellent tasting though and not dry at all.  SWMBO was happy and she won't hold back on critisms, constructively.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    @SciAggie those look suspiciously like beans!  Mmmmm

Nola got a book about those. Pretty soon his entire diet will be chocolate chip cookies and beans. 

@caliking we host a yearly holiday cookie exchange party so I can confirm there are other types. Have to do it remote this year but I will soon have 16 different types of cookies to shove in my mouth. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @blind99 They’re black beans of course. After I plated it though I thought they looked like deer scat scattered around the plate... Maybe that’s why I’m a cook and not a chef?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • blind99
    @SciAggie Oh man. That reminds me of this bit:

https://youtu.be/XWAWgEsbrXI
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @blind99 “He did make a sandwich though...”
    That’s hilarious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • blind99
    And he’s a chef!!! I forgot that line. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Never forget, you first eat with your eyes. Presentation is key, even though it all ends up in the same place with a final rinse via bidet for some of you. 

What did I chef last night? Pizza from my buddies pie shop we make the dough for. Hard to pass on the discount we get......
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    ColtsFan said:
    I’m watching “Chef” on Netflix so in a little under 2 hours I’ll be more chef’d than I am now. 
    I think

I decided to rewatch that last night after your post. Maybe I'm imagining it, but did you hear the Star Wars reference when they were in Austin selling off the truck? At least I think it was. Seeing how involved Jon Favreau is in the Star Wars universe now, I can't think it was a coincidence that of all the order numbers he could have called out, he called out Order 66. That can't be a coincidence.

And I didn't chef anything last night. I took Duke to his indoor soccer game, while Mrs. G stayed home and made dinner.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    Making Birria Tacos tonight- Apparently this is some Tik Tok Rage that both my daughters have been begging me to make.   Since its still a work day I went ahead and made the sauce last night so I can braise the Chuck Roast today

Used the IP to boil everything together- easiest thing in my Kitchen to cleaning up.  Will use CI DO for the 4 hr braise today.

Put all those Solids and 2/3 the liquid in the Ninja- Then take this and run through a strainer to remove solids.

More later tonight or tomorrow-

Recipe I am running with
    https://www.thekitchn.com/instant-pot-beef-birria-tacos-recipe-23105466
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    We extended our stay at the beach another week and haven’t gone back to the grocery, so I’m playing chopped with the pantry. Tonight, leftover mojo pork, with onions peppers garlic tomatoes and butternut squash - stew style. Luckily I saved off the sauce from the mojo which is half cooked down seasoning and half pork fat. So I’ve been using that to season the stew (and as the fat to sauté everything). Debating whether to serve over rice or pasta. Rice would be better, but feel like pasta. 
    NOLA
  • @nolaegghead - Manicotti looks killer, but if you're having trouble with chaffing, I recommend applying some aloe vera gel instead.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Thanks John.  Its like living with a handicap.
    blind99 said:

Nola got a book about those. Pretty soon his entire diet will be chocolate chip cookies and beans. 

@caliking we host a yearly holiday cookie exchange party so I can confirm there are other types. Have to do it remote this year but I will soon have 16 different types of cookies to shove in my mouth. 
    I don't doubt that there are other types of cookies... but everything is a lesser breed after dark chocolate chip cookies. Exalted even higher by the addition of pecans.

I'm not allowed to participate in things like cookie exchanges. Because I would eat all 16 varieties. By myself. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    caliking said:
    blind99 said:

I don't doubt that there are other types of cookies... but everything is a lesser breed after dark chocolate chip cookies. Exalted even higher by the addition of pecans.

I'm not allowed to participate in things like cookie exchanges. Because I would eat all 16 varieties. By myself. 
    That's one more thing we have in common.  I do it because I don't want to insult any of the chefs.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• blind99
    tacos, kung pao chicken.... geez there's some good eats here!
  • blind99
    @Howdy_Doody why does the link in your signature take me to a chinese gambling site?
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Not chefing tonight.  Called local Indian spot for carry out.  I can be lazy AND support local business.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Same Same here @acn except its Thai 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Same here. Except Popeyes. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    bubbajack said:
    Cooked up some crispy Chicken thighs last night. $3.80 meal.

I great seasoning for thighs is Yardbird.  Those look great.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.