Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

1187188189190191193»

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Perhaps my logic is wrong; but if I felt I needed a shotgun to ensure home protection, I think I’d be shopping real estate before shopping munitions.
    If everyone runs, the criminals win.
    I say live and let live... but if I have to shoot someone to stay in my home, it’s not worth it to me. 

Get Carter, great film.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I was considering buying a controller for my egg, maybe next year.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Legume said:
    There is a Stoker on ebay for cheap.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Legume said:
    Oh my lord 🤦‍♂️

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    SGH said:
    Legume said:
    Oh my lord 🤦‍♂️
    I am not responsible for anything that may happen if one were to buy this.  I am simply offering information.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STOKER-II-2-BBQ-Pit-Controller-Rocks-WSM-Weber-Nearly-New-WIFI-with-5-Probes-/174525824801?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • buzzvol said:

This arrived yesterday.
    anybody got a recipe for boiling water?
    There was a gentleman here who used to boil water on the egg. 

Highly recommended. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Great for coffee when you have no electricity and time to get the egg up to the correct water boiling temperature!
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    SGH said:
    Legume said:
    Oh my lord 🤦‍♂️
    I am not responsible for anything that may happen if one were to buy this.  I am simply offering information.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STOKER-II-2-BBQ-Pit-Controller-Rocks-WSM-Weber-Nearly-New-WIFI-with-5-Probes-/174525824801?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
    I am hoping 🤞that a certain person doesn’t see this. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    New Christmas decorations. Not wife approved, so we will see how it turns out. 

Las Vegas, NV

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Turns out I bought a new hoover.  Apparently it was a bargain.  
    Accepting we had a vax hand held and some other rechargeable thing already.  Plus my wet and dry Vax thats about 30 years old and is reserved de-ashing the Egg.
    That said, nothing quite as satisfying as hearing things get consumed and then seeing them spin around in the dust catcher.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    CPFC1905 said:
    Accepting we had a vax hand held and some other rechargeable thing already.  Plus my wet and dry Vax thats about 30 years old and is reserved de-ashing the Egg.
    That said, nothing quite as satisfying as hearing things get consumed and then seeing them spin around in the dust catcher.

How much meat did that cost?
  • CPFC1905
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

None. I have been told I can buy meat if I want to because it was £200 off, therefore I can spend up to that and it is effectively free.
    Spaving as my daughter calls it. 
    Also, and not wishing to speak out of turn - there seems to have been a hint of rounding on the costs too.  I foolishly Googled it.  Purchase price starts with a 1 and 'original' price starts with a 3 (almost), therefore 200 pounds saved.  Best not to sweat the detail.
  • Eoin
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

None. I have been told I can buy meat if I want to because it was £200 off, therefore I can spend up to that and it is effectively free.
    Also, and not wishing to speak out of turn - there seems to have been a hint of rounding on the costs too.  I foolishly Googled it.  Purchase price starts with a 1 and 'original' price starts with a 3 (almost), therefore 200 pounds saved.  Best not to sweat the detail.
    I just did a Tom Hixon order for the Argentine rump heart recommended by @Stormbringer and got some other stuff as well. I (more than) covered your saving for you. 
  • CPFC1905
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I just did a Tom Hixon order for the Argentine rump heart recommended by @Stormbringer and got some other stuff as well. I (more than) covered your saving for you. 
    Well that's a load off my mind, thanks.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Some of us on this side of the pond are familiar with the meaning of "buying a hoover" but I'm sure there are some who relied on the photo to sort it out.   =)
    Also nice to see the sharing of acquired savings...or "how much did you spend to save what?"  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    Some of us on this side of the pond are familiar with the meaning of "buying a hoover" but I'm sure there are some who relied on the photo to sort it out.   =)
    Also nice to see the sharing of acquired savings...or "how much did you spend to save what?"  
    lol Frank knows all of the terminology from his sailor days!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    New helmet.  Got $60 off.  4 arc sensors.  
    Scored a $200 off Black Friday promo

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Eoin
    ColtsFan said:

We need a bidet sub-forum.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @ColtsFan - somehow I figure @dmchicago will wrangle a cut from that sale  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    dmchicago said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Been searching for some hybrid comfy slip on shoes. Thanks for spending my $$, Dennis @dmchicago

My pleasure. You will love them!
    Have you ever tried the Hey Dudes?  Wondering how they compare ?
    Definitely more robust than my dudes, but I guess that depends on which style Dudes you have.  They’re quite cozy. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,182
    edited November 2020
    Eoin said:
    ColtsFan said:

We need a bidet sub-forum.
    Please tell me the “BB” in that model name is for “Butt Blaster.”

@JohnInCarolina (as if he wouldn’t see this anyway.)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428

=) 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Well my Dad did his version o of internet shopping, called me and asked me to find $135 of lawnmower parts for him on Amazon. It seems that he has broken both riding lawnmowers. As usual they will be shipped directly to his house.
  • Wanted a fun little travel guitar.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Test bump. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI