Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,734
    dominos pizza disguised with green olives

never seen green olives on a pizza but i like the idea and theres a dominos down the street ;)

Hey, my pizza may not look very sexy but I've systematically figured out how to get all the elements together, like crispy/chewy crust that's not sitting in a lake of moisture from the loaded toppings.

Sure, I've done fancy personal pizzas like with 2 shiitake mushrooms, a raw oyster and 2 prawns, etc.  Ostentatious gourmet sh!t looks good, but I gar-un-tee it isn't as delicious and addictive as my ugly duckling pies.

Pizza tip of the day:  Pre-roast sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet until almost dry.  Adds a great umami.

wasnt knocking the pie, but green olives are a major upgrade from those black sliced tasteless olives everyone seems to use. have only cooked kalamata olives on a pie and that one was anchovies with a balsamic braised onion sauce, almost too rich tasting for a pizza
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053

never seen green olives on a pizza but i like the idea and theres a dominos down the street ;)

Hey, my pizza may not look very sexy but I've systematically figured out how to get all the elements together, like crispy/chewy crust that's not sitting in a lake of moisture from the loaded toppings.

Sure, I've done fancy personal pizzas like with 2 shiitake mushrooms, a raw oyster and 2 prawns, etc.  Ostentatious gourmet sh!t looks good, but I gar-un-tee it isn't as delicious and addictive as my ugly duckling pies.

Pizza tip of the day:  Pre-roast sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet until almost dry.  Adds a great umami.

wasnt knocking the pie, but green olives are a major upgrade from those black sliced tasteless olives everyone seems to use. have only cooked kalamata olives on a pie and that one was anchovies with a balsamic braised onion sauce, almost too rich tasting for a pizza
    Green olives are amazing on pizza. 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    ColtsFan said:
    Been searching for some hybrid comfy slip on shoes. Thanks for spending my $$, Dennis @dmchicago

My pleasure. You will love them!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Had to drive an hour to pick up, but this is the workstation for my Shaper Origin. 
    holy crap.  can't wait to see what you make with that gizmo!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022

Green olives on pizza are a favorite here.  Fresh black olives too.  The bland ones are old.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blind99
    edited November 2020

Hex beam antenna. Covers 10, 12, 15, 17, and 20m bands and most of my backyard.  2 elements on each band. It’s mounted on a mast next to the house now.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    blind99 said:

Hex beam antenna. Covers 10, 12, 15, 17, and 20m bands and most of my backyard.  2 elements on each band. It’s mounted on a mast next to the house now.

I figured the Internet killed the HAM radio star. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • blind99
    SonVolt said:
    blind99 said:

I figured the Internet killed the HAM radio star. 
    you'd think so, right?!  it's a fun hobby, lots of different aspects to get into.  most of which can be done from home.... perfect...
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    dmchicago said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Been searching for some hybrid comfy slip on shoes. Thanks for spending my $$, Dennis @dmchicago

My pleasure. You will love them!
    Have you ever tried the Hey Dudes?  Wondering how they compare ?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    Just got sucked into the SRF vortex deal once again.  No delivery til December and I have managed to find an operating spend space that is acceptable to SWMBO.  Small victories and still victories!  Be well.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    lousubcap said:
    Just got sucked into the SRF vortex deal once again.  No delivery til December and I have managed to find an operating spend space that is acceptable to SWMBO.  Small victories and still victories!  Be well.  
    Delivered by FEDEX.  :tongue:  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    blind99 said:

Can you get HD pr0n on that?  Asking for a friend (without benefits).  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Lit said:
    Never seen this at my costco before. Was like $5.50 a lb
    A similar product by American BBQ Company has shown up in Sam's.
    I bought a 3 pack last weekend. It's a pretty nasty mess. I should have known better than to buy it. It was $5.99 a pound if i recall correctly. Never again for me..... 
  • Allbirds Loungers in size 11 and dappled gray.
  • Just get some 70/30 and call it a day.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042

New appliances (GE Cafe), fridge took a crap last week, and they were basic black.  Wanted the slide in range but couldn’t justify the double price tag to my wife.  This was a good compromise and they were actually in stock unlike 90% of what is in showrooms. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    U_tarded said:

New appliances (GE Cafe), fridge took a crap last week, and they were basic black.  Wanted the slide in range but couldn’t justify the double price tag to my wife.  This was a good compromise and they were actually in stock unlike 90% of what is in showrooms. 
    Lucky to find appliances in stock!  Some are 4-6 months out!!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    U_tarded said:

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/22/915240713/shortage-of-new-refrigerators-leaves-appliance-shoppers-out-in-the-cold

U_tarded said:

It was rough, without going high end your basic consumer stuff is picked over.  These were actually in town and didn’t have to be shipped in.  We could have waited the refrigerator failure wasn’t fatal but I don’t want to fix it for the 4th time this year.  We ended up at Lowe’s and they had to call for help like 6 times in the appliance department when we were there because there was so many customers. 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited November 2020
    maybe not the right place to post - but I have seen a lot of gun enthusiasts on this thread.  I’m looking for a home protection shotgun.  Any advice or recommendations?  Price maybe $1k or so and also maybe able to use for skeet or trap or sporting clay - not hunting. I’m a novice at this, be kind 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    GregW said:
    Lit said:
    Never seen this at my costco before. Was like $5.50 a lb
    A similar product by American BBQ Company has shown up in Sam's.
    I bought a 3 pack last weekend. It's a pretty nasty mess. I should have known better than to buy it. It was $5.99 a pound if i recall correctly. Never again for me..... 
    I did burgers last night and thought it was pretty good. Agree it wasnt SRF quality but for $5.50 a lb its cheaper than the bison i normally cook.

• maybe not the right place to post - but I have seen a lot of gun enthusiasts on this thread.  I’m looking for a home protection shotgun.  Any advice or recommendations?  Price maybe $1k or so and also maybe able to use for skeet or trap or sporting clay - not hunting. I’m a novice at this, be kind 
    Foe home protection you don’t need to spend $1,000. A Remington 870 express will run you around $350 and work fine for skeet.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited November 2020
    Before you start hiding a gun under your bed, define "novice"... 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • For home defense I would go short barrel, for skeet I would go long barrel.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• @U_tarded we ordered a Maytag refer back in September and just got a email informing us it won’t ship until July.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,095
    Old school medium egg. New smokeware grate, daisy wheel, thermometer, and gasket. Craigslist for $300

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    @U_tarded we ordered a Maytag refer back in September and just got a email informing us it won’t ship until July.
    Yeah I would be putting the big cancel on that.  There are soooooooo many options I’m sure you could find something you like that wouldn’t take nearly a year to deliver. 
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    maybe not the right place to post - but I have seen a lot of gun enthusiasts on this thread.  I’m looking for a home protection shotgun.  Any advice or recommendations?  Price maybe $1k or so and also maybe able to use for skeet or trap or sporting clay - not hunting. I’m a novice at this, be kind 

I'm not an "expert" either but like others have said a Remington 870 should fit the bill nicely. Mossberg 500 has some package options with a short (home defense) barrel and a longer barrel 26 inches or so that would be better for clays. Remington has the same package options (shorter & longer barrel combos). Only problem with Remington is they no longer exist as a company, no longer making parts, no customer service, no gun production, no warranty, etc...

Semi-autos are nice for clay sports but cost more, they can be had for under your $1k budget.
    LBGE
    AL
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    If you’re not used to a shotgun, you’ll need to practice.  Pumping a pump shotgun has to become automatic when you pull the trigger, you don’t want to have to think about it.  Otherwise it’s effectively a single shot.

Shorter barrel is better for home environment, but the pistol grip ones are probably a much bigger challenge if you’re not used to shotguns.

I would actually suggest a youth, pump 20ga as a good first choice.  Forgiving if you don’t have it shouldered well, easy to move around with in a house as they’re not too long, etc.