Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,750
    Options
    Lit said:
    This little thing looks pretty cool. Lots of cooking ability for the $269 price tag. Comes with extra cooking and fire grates for the hibachi set up. Gonna go grab something good to cook tonight.

thats getting close to what i paid for my first new large bge
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    This little thing looks pretty cool. Lots of cooking ability for the $269 price tag. Comes with extra cooking and fire grates for the hibachi set up. Gonna go grab something good to cook tonight.

thats getting close to what i paid for my first new large bge
    Its crazy how many used eggs i bought back in the day and used for a year then made money on them. The price just keeps going up.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Never seen this at my costco before. Was like $5.50 a lb
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Ordered a case of shells for duck season. Hard finding the duck hunting shells I like, the local stores are sold out and a lot of the online stores are out.

LBGE
    AL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Ordered a case of shells for duck season. Hard finding the duck hunting shells I like, the local stores are sold out and a lot of the online stores are out.
    It’s hard finding any ammo right now. Unfortunately it is only going to get worse. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options

I remeber when a case was around $40.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    SGH said:
    It’s hard finding any ammo right now. Unfortunately it is only going to get worse. 
    Self-inflicted pain like this is funny 100% of the time.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Legume said:
    SGH said:
    Self-inflicted pain like this is funny 100% of the time.
    I guess I don’t get the joke. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options

Hate to ask, but what's your price per pound of duck meat, at the end of the season?
    (and I know the hunting pleasure doesn't factor in, I get that).  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:

Hate to ask, but what's your price per pound of duck meat, at the end of the season?
    Unless you are an American Indian or live in Alaska, hunting is a sport, not a money saving means to acquire meat.  Same with most fishermen. 
    Options
    Botch said:

Unless you are an American Indian or live in Alaska, hunting is a sport, not a money saving means to acquire meat.  Same with most fishermen. 
    Hunting (especially water fowl) is to not starving as drinking Single Malt Scotch is to not dying of dehydration.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • TideEggHead
    Options

I remeber when a case was around $40.
    That would be nice! The dove loads I usually buy are about $65 these days if I can even find them. I used to shoot a lot cheaper shells for ducks but these seem to pattern the best for me.

@SGH Yea it was bad during dove season too. With these Winchester shells, I had trouble finding them last season in January pre-US covid. I should be set for this season now!
    LBGE
    AL
  • TideEggHead
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Botch said:

With tax and the rebate, I’ll have paid about $18 per box with this case and with my shooting recently it evens out to about $18 per pound 😂😂. Plus the wood ducks we mostly shoot are small. If you add up all the gear, gas, time, etc... you might be shocked as to the price per pound (also depends on how many ducks you kill in a season). But as NOLA said most of it is sport and fellowship with friends. Either way we eat what we kill and it is pretty tasty! 

All that to say, probably about the price of a chuck roast.
    LBGE
    AL
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Yes, a sport with tasty prizes!
    Options
    And I love being out on the water, hauling balls over slews in the marsh....and hanging with friends.
    Options
    Had to drive an hour to pick up, but this is the workstation for my Shaper Origin. 
    Options

Ive been shooting Heavy Hammer the past two seasons and really like it. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Had to drive an hour to pick up, but this is the workstation for my Shaper Origin. 
    What's your price/lb of dominoes?? Is this a sport/

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• nolaegghead
    Options
    This tool makes classic mortise and tenon cut out of the wood itself, no Dominos needed.  I do use them for my Domino joiner and I buy big 500 packs, they're around 40-50 bucks.  Not sure how much they weigh.  There is a price paid for precision joinery.
    Options
    This tool makes classic mortise and tenon cut out of the wood itself, no Dominos needed.  I do use them for my Domino joiner and I buy big 500 packs, they're around 40-50 bucks.  Not sure how much they weigh.  There is a price paid for precision joinery.
    I thought is was part of your new lifestyle.  I thought it was work out equipment of some type.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    I though the pattern on top was for making dominoes, the game pieces. Thus the "WTF does THAT cost per lb of dominoe?" Referencing the earlier comments about duck meat.

Too obscure, oh well.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Kayak said:
    I though the pattern on top was for making dominoes, the game pieces. Thus the "WTF does THAT cost per lb of dominoe?" Referencing the earlier comments about duck meat.

Too obscure, oh well.

I got what you said and even chuckled 👍
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Kayak said:

Too obscure, oh well.

i went looking for the pizza box
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Look people.  This is a Domino floating mortise and tenon system.  I have one.  I buy the "Dominos" for it.

Do More with Domino

And this is the Shaper Origin workstation.  Different tool.  Does mortise and tenon and much more.

Shaper Workstation FAQ  Shaper

Origin  Workstation  Your Precision Workshop - YouTubeNEW Shaper Workstation - US Tool  FastenerShaper OriginFlag  NC Woodworker
    The "domino" looking patterns are 3D alignment markers for the optical positioning system.  The name is coincidental to the "Domino" mortise and tenon tool, although the Shaper Workstation will do what the Domino does.

Options

• fishlessman
    Options
    dominos pizza disguised with green olives

never seen green olives on a pizza but i like the idea and theres a dominos down the street ;)

fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Options
    dominos pizza disguised with green olives

never seen green olives on a pizza but i like the idea and theres a dominos down the street ;)

Hey, my pizza may not look very sexy but I've systematically figured out how to get all the elements together, like crispy/chewy crust that's not sitting in a lake of moisture from the loaded toppings.

Sure, I've done fancy personal pizzas like with 2 shiitake mushrooms, a raw oyster and 2 prawns, etc.  Ostentatious gourmet sh!t looks good, but I gar-un-tee it isn't as delicious and addictive as my ugly duckling pies.

Pizza tip of the day:  Pre-roast sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet until almost dry.  Adds a great umami.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,339
    Options
    Been searching for some hybrid comfy slip on shoes. Thanks for spending my $$, Dennis @dmchicago

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!