Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Jeep Wrangler 392 allocations were released today for 21MY. If you want one, better call your dealer!  No word on price, market adjustments, etc.  Only thing is no special pricing plans like Friends&Family allowed.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    Legume said:
    If you’re not used to a shotgun, you’ll need to practice.  Pumping a pump shotgun has to become automatic when you pull the trigger, you don’t want to have to think about it.  Otherwise it’s effectively a single shot.

Shorter barrel is better for home environment, but the pistol grip ones are probably a much bigger challenge if you’re not used to shotguns.

I would actually suggest a youth, pump 20ga as a good first choice.  Forgiving if you don’t have it shouldered well, easy to move around with in a house as they’re not too long, etc.

That's what I have for the wife to use. Told her to point, pull and pump...That sounds kind of dirty. I make her practice often
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Jeep Wrangler 392 allocations were released today for 21MY. If you want one, better call your dealer!  No word on price, market adjustments, etc.  Only thing is no special pricing plans like Friends&Family allowed.
    Done!  Fingers crossed. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Perhaps my logic is wrong; but if I felt I needed a shotgun to ensure home protection, I think I’d be shopping real estate before shopping munitions.
    Stop interfering with Darwinism, mang!
    Options
    Perhaps my logic is wrong; but if I felt I needed a shotgun to ensure home protection, I think I’d be shopping real estate before shopping munitions.
    Works if you can buy your way out. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Works if you can buy your way out. 
    Lower crime areas need not be equated with higher price point properties. My last home was in an extremely safe area, but was much less expensive than some geographically-choice but crime-ridden areas downtown. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    If everyone runs, the criminals win.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I say live and let live... but if I have to shoot someone to stay in my home, it’s not worth it to me. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I say live and let live... but if I have to shoot someone to stay in my home, it’s not worth it to me. 

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Buying a new roof. Finally got the insurance company to agree to replacing the roof after going in circles for the past month & a half over the past 2-3 hurricanes. Zeta finally put it over the top. Our wind deductible sucks though. I'm just thankful I don't have to deal with roof leaks much longer.
    LBGE
    AL
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Okay, okay.... I can accept the flag, just don’t shoot!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Winter is coming
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I don't know how true this is, but I heard someone in the Agr business talking on a podcast the other day say that a lot of the "premium" flour imported from Italy is actually grown in Arizona, shipped to Italy, packaged and exported back to the US.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    This one stung a little bit. 

Sting is gone. Awesomeness to begin!
  • Lit
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I don't know how true this is, but I heard someone in the Agr business talking on a podcast the other day say that a lot of the "premium" flour imported from Italy is actually grown in Arizona, shipped to Italy, packaged and exported back to the US.
    It says online that the base for Caputo the wheat comes from Umbria, Marche, and other italian regions and then they add wheat from France, Germany, and Finland. Caputo flour is worth the price IMO. We buy the chefs for bread, blue bag for pizza, and gold bag for pasta. Its the only flour we have used for years. That pizza oven is bad ass I was checking some big ones like that out at Atlanta Grill Company the other day. Congrats
  • SonVolt
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Lit said:
    SonVolt said:
    It says online that the base for Caputo the wheat comes from Umbria, Marche, and other italian regions and then they add wheat from France, Germany, and Finland. Caputo flour is worth the price IMO. We buy the chefs for bread, blue bag for pizza, and gold bag for pasta. Its the only flour we have used for years. That pizza oven is bad ass I was checking some big ones like that out at Atlanta Grill Company the other day. Congrats

I've got 6 bags of the Caputo Red for pizza but haven't used it yet, because  after I purchased it I heard that it wasn't made for home ovens, but needed wood fired oven heat.  So I've been using standard King Arthur bread flour. Can't wait to start using the Caputo... 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Surely that "free" cover took away some of the sting. :)

Nice oven. Hope you get many years of enjoyment from that.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SonVolt
    edited November 2020
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    SonVolt said:

Surely that "free" cover took away some of the sting. :)

Nice oven. Hope you get many years of enjoyment from that.

They sell much cheaper covers, so getting the nicer "premium" one for free was an added bonus. This is going to sound like a shill, but I've never been more impressed dealing with a company. When you call you talk to the owner, or one of his sons. Just super informative and friendly all around. I know I wore their asses out with the constant barrage of questions over the last few months. 
  • Lit
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Lit said:
    SonVolt said:

I've got 6 bags of the Caputo Red for pizza but haven't used it yet, because  after I purchased it I heard that it wasn't made for home ovens, but needed wood fired oven heat.  So I've been using standard King Arthur bread flour. Can't wait to start using the Caputo... 
    You are correct. I have done pizzas with it at 500 and no good its chewy. You should grab some bags of the blue pizza flour. It used to be only 55lb bags but there are 2.2 and 11lb bags on amazon now.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I've never seen a wheat field in Aridzona, but I could be wrong.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
    SonVolt said:
    https://www.azfb.org/Article/Arizona-Agricultures-High-Quality-Durum-Wheat-has-Global-Celebrity-Status

@SonVolt - awesome purchase.  Can't wait to see it in action and live vicariously through you for a bit!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Botch said:
    SonVolt said:
    There is irrigated wheat at least.  I visited a test site south of Casa Grande and harvested a week in late May few years ago. Usually the first wheat in the USA to get harvested.  A lot of high quality alfalfa hay grown down there as well.

edit: durum wheat is what they grow in Arizona 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    buzzvol said:

This arrived yesterday.
    anybody got a recipe for boiling water?
    Always loved the look of those. Beautiful design. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Just bought a Dewalt bradnailer and now im getting oil changed in 2 SUVs. Fun day....

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Botch said:
    SonVolt said:
    There is irrigated wheat at least.  I visited a test site south of Casa Grande and harvested a week in late May few years ago. Usually the first wheat in the USA to get harvested.  A lot of high quality alfalfa hay grown down there as well.

edit: durum wheat is what they grow in Arizona 
    Wheat, cotton, corn, citrus, pecan, lettuce, dates, leafy greens, avacadoe, tomotoes, pumpkins, etc.  If you can water it enough, you can grow pretty much anything here, and they do.  Amazing to drive around Yuma, Casa Grande, Marana, etc.

Guide to Arizona Agriculture - Arizona Department of Agriculture - AZ.gov
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Arizona is a big state
    South of Columbus, Ohio.