Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm for - figure out what works and do that, as much as I can appreciate the excruciating agony of an empty gun safe. 
    Options
    And I like that there can be consequences for making mortal threats, or domestic violence. 
    Options
    Due process 
    Jacksonville FL
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    My point is you can kiss my ass on a buy back: I’m not turning anything in or giving you anything. I lost all of my semi autos, high cap mags and suppressors in a boating accident yesterday. 

The man ran on it as part of his platform. Hard to imagine that he won’t attempt to make part of it happen. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    My point is you can kiss my ass on a buy back: I’m not turning anything in or giving you anything. I lost all of my semi autos, high cap mags and suppressors in a boating accident yesterday. 

The man ran on it as part of his platform. Hard to imagine that he won’t attempt to make part of it happen. 
    Attempting and accomplishing are two different things. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,488
    Options
    TTC said:
    A new dryer. Maytag. Replaces a POS Whirlpool 
    I hope it works out for you. Whirlpool
    owns Maytag and they are all made on the same assembly line.
    When I moved here to utard, 25 years ago, I bought a new Whirlpool washer, dryer, and refrigerator; they're all still chugging along.
    I prolly shouldn't have typed that out loud...  :s  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

I lost all of my semi autos, high cap mags and suppressors in a boating accident yesterday. 

Was this a Trump boat parade?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Is Joe going to take my wall and my coronavirus away too?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Honestly, buy all the guns and ammo you can now.  I sincerely recommend that. Just don’t overspend because he’s taking your rent house income away too, I think that’s what you said.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    This gizmo was delivered Friday evening.  Load it into your chamber - as you dry fire, it emits a short laser burst.  Set up a target, download the app - through the app, zoom your phone's camera onto the target.  It works very well.  I used it to zero-in my red dot optic sight.  Sure, no bang or recoil, but great for sighting and trigger work.  Not sure what the range is but it was capturing 100% from 40' yesterday.  Will use it to get my wife aiming better before putting a hot gun in her hands - she tried it Friday night - missed the target by 2' from 15'...

From 40' with hands supported, using red dot.  Bull is 2.5" by 3.5".

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    GregW said:
    SonVolt said:
    I may pull the trigger on this next week. Been waiting over a year on the call from Shirley to no avail, so my smoker fund may get repurposed. 

Don't take your eye off the big prize, a Shirley is mighty fine and built not far from my location.
    Oh I'm not withdrawing my place in line, I'm just potentially blowing the money I had set aside for it.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    GregW said:
    SonVolt said:
    I may pull the trigger on this next week. Been waiting over a year on the call from Shirley to no avail, so my smoker fund may get repurposed. 

Don't take your eye off the big prize, a Shirley is mighty fine and built not far from my location.
    Oh I'm not withdrawing my place in line, I'm just potentially blowing the money I had set aside for it.
    How long of a wait do you have for a smoker? 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    It should be ready by 1st quarter 2021 if their original estimate holds up. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • EzraBrooks
    Options
    A new bluetooth thermometer.  My previous one died after only two years of service.  I hope this one lasts longer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z7HDNC4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Costco run. 7 lbs hamburger, 1 pack of loin chops, 1 side of salmon, 1 package of flank steak. The obligatory toilet paper and a few other things. $219. Not too bad.
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @Battlebron- sounds like price gouging on the TP...
    Stay safe out there!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,488
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Just watched the Apple Event.  They're replacing the current chip with Apple-produced silicon, the M1 chip (they've been doing this in their phones/iPads for 10 years now).  First 3 products are the 13" MacBook Air (my 10-yr-old Air is due for replacement), which doubles battery life, and no fan in it!  Mac Mini, went down $100.  And the 13" MacBook Pro (full video battery life: 20 hours).  

I was hoping they'd introduce a 16" Air, or at least offer the new chip in the 16" Pro, but I guess I'll have to wait a few months.  

So I'm not buying anything now.   :|

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    Technically bought in June, but suppressor #5 is in hand. 
  • scdaf
    scdaf Posts: 176
    Options
    Just picked up the 65", Roku enabled, 4K onn. tv from the Walmart pre black Friday sale.  They delivered it to a store 70 miles away, but we decided to pick it up anyway because it seemed to be a good buy.  Hadn't bought a new living room tv in 14 years.  

Amazing bang for the buck!  65", $228, smart tv!
    Never having to converge my rear projection CRT again, priceless.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Incidentals on the Costco run, one for after supper sipping, one to hold back for the holidays.  The 1920 will be new for me.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Incidentals on the Costco run, one for after supper sipping, one to hold back for the holidays.  The 1920 will be new for me.

Awesome!  I also highly recommend not smashing the Four Roses on the floor.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    dbCooper said:

That would hurt but, maybe not as bad as yours.  I think you had the nice single barrel variety?  In the pic is the more commodity four bourbon blend.
    No matter, I intend to follow your advice.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    dbCooper said:

That would hurt but, maybe not as bad as yours.  I think you had the nice single barrel variety?  In the pic is the more commodity four bourbon blend.
    I’m a single barrel guy when it comes to four roses, but there are just as many who like the small batch you have better than the Single barrel. Enjoy them both, I know I have. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    dbCooper said:

The one I dropped was the small batch, luckily not one of the bottles my wife got me.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I see that Weber has announced the new version of their WSCG and are now using the kamado label. Some minor changes and some healthy price drops.

Not buying today as they're not yet on the market but come next Spring pretty certain I'll be getting one of these:

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    Options
    That is a great looking rig at an extremely attractive price point.  Give Weber time and they will figure it out.  Thanks for the post.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I see that Weber has announced the new version of their WSCG and are now using the kamado label. Some minor changes and some healthy price drops.

Not buying today as they're not yet on the market but come next Spring pretty certain I'll be getting one of these:

Be sure to give us a report.
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Be sure to give us a report.
    With pics 😎
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • lousubcap
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Just took advantage of the Heartbrand beef sale- website here:  https://heartbrandbeef.com/

Info below; (Edit: sale runs Nov 12-13)

Mark your calendars and score juicy deals on our mouth-watering Akaushi beef:
    • Free shipping on orders of $95 or more
    • Free 1 lb. package of ground beef on orders of $150 or more
    • Free 8 oz. top sirloin and 6 oz. coulotte steak on orders of $200 or more
    Start loading up your cart to take advantage of these special offers and treat yourself and your family to the best tasting beef – our unique and buttery HeartBrand Akaushi Beef.

Free shipping will be applied at checkout, and other deals will be applied when your package is shipped.