Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    No because I bought it from Woot! So I wasn't looking for one.  I had checked them out before, price was right for $75.
    Sweet deal
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Without the ozone layer there would be no surface life on earth.  Without ozone there would be no smog in LA.  Good in some ways, bad in other ways.  It's highly reactive and burns the lungs.  Smells like chlorine gas. Same trait makes it break down odors.  Also can erode rubber.
    Options
    Battleborn said:
    Sounds like I need to bring my PC to New Orleans. The prisoner compartment smells like a combination of a$$ and cafeteria spaghetti. 
    No puke?  You're lucky!   ;)

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,178
    Options
    Botch said:
    Battleborn said:
    Sounds like I need to bring my PC to New Orleans. The prisoner compartment smells like a combination of a$$ and cafeteria spaghetti. 
    No puke?  You're lucky!   ;)
    I assumed cafeteria spaghetti was a euphemism.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    A car wash, amazing how when you clean it up it’s still a pretty nice ride......
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options

I bought the blue version off of Amazoid a couple of months ago. We plan to use it to disinfect my sisters preschool next weekend. You got a better deal though.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    Needed a new vest. Went with a local company. Will be here Monday.
    Las Vegas, NV

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    A new dryer. Maytag. Replaces a POS Whirlpool 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Isn't that part of your work provided PPE?
  • Battleborn
    Options
    Eoin said:
    No, at our agency we have to provide the vest and firearm. We do have a yearly stipend built into our contract for uniform upkeep, gear, etc.  
    Las Vegas, NV

• rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Ours were provided, and the sidearm.  I used my 1911A1 for the most part.  Sure was nice to get home and take the vest off!
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Eoin said:
    No, at our agency we have to provide the vest and firearm. We do have a yearly stipend built into our contract for uniform upkeep, gear, etc.  
    Do you have to adhere to any parameters for your firearm? 

Can you walk around with dual 6 shooters? (Not that you would want to) 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,456
    Options
    SO GLAD I bought my 5.56 can and it will be in hand prior to Jan 2021
  • Battleborn
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Eoin said:
    Do you have to adhere to any parameters for your firearm? 

Can you walk around with dual 6 shooters? (Not that you would want to) 
    Yes, there is an approved list of certain manufacturers (based on tested reliability and repair factors) they have to be chambered in either 9mm, .40 cal or .45. Glock, S&W and Sig are the most popular. Each firearm has to be "stock" with the exception of adding night sights and weapon mounted lights.
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Why, what's happening?
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Why, what's happening?

Did I miss something?  ARE THEY TAKING MY GUN AWAY IN JAN 21!?
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Why, what's happening?

Did I miss something?  ARE THEY TAKING MY GUN AWAY IN JAN 21!?

PLEASE ANSWER ME!!!
    Options
    @ColbyLang don't leave a brother hanging!  I can't find anything on the interweb pipes!!!!!
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @nolaegghead, His semi auto platform is scary. I’m not giving anyone in the gov’t $200 for a semi auto or deemed “high cap” mag that I already lawfully purchased. Can only imagine what they’ll do for class 3 items. My tax stamp is already approved and on its way to Lafayette to my dealer
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    @nolaegghead, His semi auto platform is scary. I’m not giving anyone in the gov’t $200 for a semi auto or deemed “high cap” mag that I already lawfully purchased. Can only imagine what they’ll do for class 3 items. My tax stamp is already approved and on its way to Lafayette to my dealer

My point is, this panic starts and Jan 20th, 2021 isn't some date of any legislation.  The Senate isn't going to do anything for at least 2 years.  If something is done after that because of a power shift, it will be in the courts for another two or three years. 

We went through all this back in 2008 and nothing happened.  Personally, the only gun legislation I would like to see is trying to control who has them so we have less gun violence. 

The majority of Americans want something that makes sense and red flag laws make absolute sense.  People going through rough patches where they're mentally prone to bad decisions don't need "Freedom" over society protecting itself over them.  Not like taking some guy's guns that is threatening to kill his wife is like taking away food.  First world problems.

Every other first world, modernized country has some control over the weapons floating around in their populace and it shows statistically.  Take a look at the costs to society insofar as medical costs and losses in productivity that we pay and you will be surprised.

I like guns, I think it's great that we keep hunting traditions going.  Just the politicization of the NRA and the people who think that's the central issue in life need to, well, get a life.
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

My point is, this panic starts and Jan 20th, 2021 isn't some date of any legislation.  The Senate isn't going to do anything for at least 2 years.  If something is done after that because of a power shift, it will be in the courts for another two or three years. 

We went through all this back in 2008 and nothing happened.  Personally, the only gun legislation I would like to see is trying to control who has them so we have less gun violence. 

The majority of Americans want something that makes sense and red flag laws make absolute sense.  People going through rough patches where they're mentally prone to bad decisions don't need "Freedom" over society protecting itself over them.  Not like taking some guy's guns that is threatening to kill his wife is like taking away food.  First world problems.

Every other first world, modernized country has some control over the weapons floating around in their populace and it shows statistically.  Take a look at the costs to society insofar as medical costs and losses in productivity that we pay and you will be surprised.

I like guns, I think it's great that we keep hunting traditions going.  Just the politicization of the NRA and the people who think that's the central issue in life need to, well, get a life.
    Do you think the 2A is about hunting?
    Jacksonville FL
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    @nolaegghead , well said sir I am an avid collector that feels we need to take a common sense look at our firearm policies.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Dobie said:
    ColbyLang said:

Do you think the 2A is about hunting?
    No.

edited November 2020
    Options
    Really that was a comment on the original purpose of the NRA which focused on gun safety for gun sport.  I suppose that, like everything, may be subject to interpretation.  Point is, the NRA changed it's focus from its charter and has become a radicalized political organization. 

They've been successful as a lobby insofar as holding asymmetric influence over popular sentiments by the American people.   You can not dispute that.
    Options
    SWMBO used to belong to the NRA, but they just went off the deep end and she quit them long ago.
    Options
    Anyway, back to posting crap we bought.  This stuff gets posted ad nauseam, so I suppose you could dig up an old thread that still exists and continue on with this conversation.
    Options
    One thing people forget is the checks and balances set up in the constitution. Several court cases post the Clinton gun bill strengthend 2A. (Heller v. D.C. and Duncan v. Becerra).

Nola is 100%, the sky is not falling.
    Las Vegas, NV

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    TTC said:
    A new dryer. Maytag. Replaces a POS Whirlpool 
    I hope it works out for you. Whirlpool
    owns Maytag and they are all made on the same assembly line.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• FarmingPhD
    Options
    New pressure switch for the washer.  It’s a board mounted sensor rather than a standalone switch so likely dot it in the electrical lab at work and is $20 vs $250 for a whole new board.  An obsolete component, but still in stock with some electronics suppliers.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

I would agree with red flag laws under certain conditions. First if guns are seized a court case must be held within three business days. If the state cannot prove it’s case the guns must be immediately returned and the owners court and legal costs paid. If a false report was made to the police it should be treated as perjury with legal and civil penalties.