Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Am I doing something wrong?  Is this safe?
    That’s either a 5,000 or 5,500# capacity lift. No way your load weighs that much. Looks kosher to me
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    It’s safe until your lift pitch poles 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Is it safe or is it effective? Driving a car can be unsafe, but we still do it.

Hopefully you do have CCTV, so we can all have a good chuckle should something happen (trusting nobody is injured that is)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

"Is this safe?"  

As long as you keep your toes, buddies, dogs, cats, and early Ming Dynasty pottery out from underneath it, I don't see why not.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    One wrong move and fresh rectum will be on the menu  :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,303
    Options
    SGH said:
    One wrong move and fresh rectum will be on the menu  :D

But who’s?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    That’s either a 5,000 or 5,500# capacity lift. No way your load weighs that much. Looks kosher to me
    The allowable load varies upon the load center. Looks to me like all that stuff is extending way past the end of the tines which would shift the balance point forward.

I have no idea how much all that stuff weighs but I think I'd make an effort to do some maths and see if the load center is at a point where an abundance of caution would be prudent. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I kept the load low.  14 foot length.   5500 capacity.  Probably 1200 lbs centered 6-7 feet from the front wheel. I wasn't worried.  Now I wouldn't lift to the top....  3 mast
    Options
    Making sausage (beef sticks).  21 lbs of meat, about to grind.
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    ColbyLang said:
    The allowable load varies upon the load center. Looks to me like all that stuff is extending way past the end of the tines which would shift the balance point forward.

I have no idea how much all that stuff weighs but I think I'd make an effort to do some maths and see if the load center is at a point where an abundance of caution would be prudent. 
    Actual experiment may be more informative.  Who knows what details we may overlook when simplifying the system.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • HeavyG
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    ColbyLang said:

Actual experiment may be more informative.  Who knows what details we may overlook when simplifying the system.
    Certainly video documentation of any experiments will be provided. Depending on the outcome of any experiments some videos may be uploaded to Reddit or LiveLeak.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

Found some Rockwood at $25 a bag. So I got that going for me. 
    Score! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Going to try the Peach Preserve on some baby backs again. First time was a fail. My own fault. Over did them. Gonna keep a closer eye on these ones. Rubbed with Spicy Dizzy Dust.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    After watching this, @SGH might be sending his resume' to Thailand.

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Just started the thaw and wet age process for this 14 lb brisket.

The wet age may be shortened just to get to the cook.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,303
    Options
    Got a tray of ten boneless skinless chicken thighs. Probably just going to rub them and grill them direct. Thinking about using some in a pot pie if I still have a can of condensed soup.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    On the Zoom with the sausage fest experts.  Great skill set and a whole lot of work!  Props to @The Cen-Tex Smoker and @20stone for powering thru.  Much appreciated.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    Options
    Question for all. What became of smokingal? Haven’t seen her post in a while. Hope all is well. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    SGH said:
    Question for all. What became of smokingal? Haven’t seen her post in a while. Hope all is well. 
    Good question , it's not just here she has disappeared  from, I've been trying to dig deep and figure it out 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @Sea2Ski has been MIA for a while too.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SGH
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    SGH said:
    Good question , it's not just here she has disappeared  from, I've been trying to dig deep and figure it out 
    If I may ask, what else has she disappeared from?

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Sea2Ski has been MIA for a while too.
    He is no doubt somewhere catching fish or counting his money. Or both 👍

Status- Standing by.

• HeavyG
    Options
    I don't think anything can surprise me anymore.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    She had a BBQ addict website that is down. @sgh
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    SGH said:
    lkapigian said:
    SGH said:
    If I may ask, what else has she disappeared from?
    Nothing from her on IG either. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon