Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Thanks y'all.  I just put in the other three batches which had to cure overnight.

Soon I'll be doing a lacto bacteria ferment with these.  Just need to get my environmental chamber working.
    Do the facemasks you sell have a sausage slot?  There might be a market opportunity.
    Bet those would sell like hot cakes in some airports...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Just watched an Army bud debate for the OH 8th Congressional District.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    thetrim said:
    How did they do? 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Just tried my hand at de boning a chicken.  I need some practice to get as good as Pepin. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    thetrim said:
    How did they do? 

Both candidates did a good job, and it was a pretty cordial event. My friend looked like he was missing a tooth on the bottom. I guess Congress' dental plan isn't what it used to be.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Looks good from here!! First deboner is hard, after that they just get easier.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Just tried my hand at de boning a chicken.  I need some practice to get as good as Pepin. 
    Great looking outcome and result.  I do not have enough time left on the planet to get within an order of magnitude of his skills.  I can manage the trussing but not nearly as fluid and elegant.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    attempting to flatten a 2 inch thick stainless plate, i might need a bigger hammer

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    attempting to flatten a 2 inch thick stainless plate, i might need a bigger hammer

You must have a giant shower!  

When machining the holes did you get strain relief, or was it damaged during use?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    Options

You must have a giant shower!  

When machining the holes did you get strain relief, or was it damaged during use?

3000 degrees f in a controlled setting. it was shiny and water cut when i originally sent it out
    fukahwee maine

• StillH2OEgger
    Options

Is that the charcoal grate for the soon-to-be released XXXXL BGE?

Stillwater, MN
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    fishlessman said:
    3000 degrees f in a controlled setting. it was shiny and water cut when i originally sent it out
    Water knives are cool.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options

What caused it to dish so much?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    Options

Is that the charcoal grate for the soon-to-be released XXXXL BGE?

notice how theres no holes in the center, it keeps the 50 inch pizza stone from overheating. i should of flipped the lump grate every other use to keep the warping down
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Flip it over and stick it back in there brother fish. You’re welcome 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options

tube sheet?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lkapigian said:

tube sheet?

heat diffuser plate for a really big high pressure furnace used to forge castings, powders etc
    fukahwee maine

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

Where is Thor when you need him???

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman
    Options

Where is Thor when you need him???

he doesnt seem to work for enerpac hydraulics. if anyone thinks bge is messed up with distributors well enerpac us distributors are only allowed to sell overseas right now with this pandemic. only getting 70 tons outa the 100 ton hammer
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    italian bakery pizza from tripolis

as opposed to italian bakery pizza from napolis from a few weeks back

in a few weeks, next up, piros bakery pizza =)

fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Accepting a new job offer and celebrating.
    Congrats on the great news.  Gotta be quite a stress reliever.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    kl8ton said:
    Great looking outcome and result.  I do not have enough time left on the planet to get within an order of magnitude of his skills.  I can manage the trussing but not nearly as fluid and elegant.  
    My family was annoyed at my French accent during the process.  

I really do like the the outcome.  Slice with a knife like a roast or loaf.  . . Dark meat moisturizing the white meat as they are all in the same "compartment."  

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI